Dutch State Visit to Brunei: January 21-22, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
During a speech at the reception of the Dutch community in Brunei HM had to fight her tears,as just before her speech she spoke with parents of a 7 year old girl who had drowned on New years day.It was a moving speech in which HM expressed her gratitude that all had come inspite of the tragedy that recently touched them in their heartsHM said she appriciated their presence all the more because of it.She expressed her admiration for the solidarity and the caring she had witnessed and she stressed to maintain that and to hold eachother:" As that is so important".
During loud cheers in honour to HM many had tears in their eyes.

The little girl was cremated only last friday.

No question as to what HM must have been thinking,if anyone,it is she who has the greatest empathy.She is SO admirable,can't say it enough!

http://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=1390622

http://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=1390031

Courtesy Robin Utrecht.

Last edited:
:previous:

Here's today's second ppe gallery with pics of the reception with the Dutch community at the Royal Brunei Polo Riding Club:

** ppe gallery - 2 **

Love, love everything Maxima has worn except the mustard yellow pants suit and hat. What was she thinking?

I do not understand why the parents would tell her about that their family tragedy, so sad that it was but not the moment to share this.

During a speech at the reception of the Dutch community in Brunei HM had to fight her tears,as
just before her speech she spoke with parents of a 7 year old girl who had drowned on New years day.

No question as to what HM must have been thinking,if anyone,it is she who has the greatest empathy.She is SO admirable,can't say it enough!

http://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=1390622

http://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=1390031

Courtesy Robin Utrecht.

Contra dinner,HM is the host now...Blue-ish silk,we've seen it before and wearing the aquamarine parure from what I saw from aside,Máxima,gorgious as ever wears her wedding tiara if I saw it rightt from behind...

I do not understand why the parents would tell her about that their family tragedy, so sad that it was but not the moment to share this.

Why not? HM will be able to share the grief as her own son, Prince Friso is still struggling for his life. She will understand how the parent felt.

HM met the Dutch community and must have heard shortly before what happened to that family,I am sure she knew!...And then HM is as human and emphatetic as one can be and WANTS to meet these berieved people,knowing all to well the meaning of the word LOSS!..It deserves our respect that HM goes to great lenght to comfort the berieved family and expresses her gratefullness for solidarity among those close to the couple.

PPE has added a third gallery with pics of the mentioned evening event:

** ppe gallery - 3 ** anp gallery of the final event **

HM with the aquamarine parure that was a present to her mother from her parents,I love it that HM uses the aquamarine pendant as she does.

Máxima's tiara in the style and fashion as it was while HM used it at her Inthronisation on april 30th 1980.The Princess wears the tiara like this for the first time.:)

Wow, I didn't expect any tiaras at the return dinner, neither did the sultana as we can see :). Nice to see Máxima wearing the pearl buttons for the first time. Ithink she is using another dress from a previous Prinsjesdag (2007), though with a different jacket. Máxima wears the same pearl leaf brooch as was worn at yesterday's banquet by the Queen.

Last edited:
Queen Beatrix looks positively beaming in some of those photo's,Her Majesty always comes across as a most jovial lady!

On welcoming HM The Sultan at the theater he made a compliment of her dress,to which Queen Beatrix replied;"It's my Oriental display"...!...LOL!!

Btw..I'd like to thank our outstanding photographers who made this visit a feast to the eyes...especially for all of us!So,Robin,Patrick & Albert,thank you guys!!

On welcoming HM The Sultan at the theater he made a compliment of her dress,to which Queen Beatrix replied;"It's my Oriental display"...!...LOL!!

Ha ha,which is exactly the sort of witty comment one could envisage Her Majesty coming out with!

Maxima looked fabulous at the return dinner .. great color and jewelry!

tiaras and the men wearing business suits looks like a strange combination

Wow, I didn't expect any tiaras at the return dinner, neither did the sultana as we can see :). Nice to see Máxima wearing the pearl buttons for the first time. Ithink she is using another dress from a previous Prinsjesdag (2007), though with a different jacket. Máxima wears the same pearl leaf brooch as was worn at yesterday's banquet by the Queen.

tiaras and the men wearing business suits looks like a strange combination

All details,including what to wear where is meticulously calculated way in advance with both parties for these sort of visits,always.So,it was planned and the Sultana knew.She had some major rocks dangling too though...

Does anyboy know, why the Crown Princess of Brunei did not wear a tiara at all?
And why neither the Queen, nore the CP of Brunei weared a tiara at the return banquet?
Bye Bine

Does anyboy know, why the Crown Princess of Brunei did not wear a tiara at all?
And why neither the Queen, nore the CP of Brunei weared a tiara at the return banquet?
Bye Bine

The Sultana did wear a tiara on the first day,for the return ...dunno..
Dress codes are always known in advance so it maybe is a personal choice

Back
Top Bottom