The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Other Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Brunei

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-13-2008, 01:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Mademoiselle Lilo;765186]i like QRania purple colour it's being while i didn't see her in colour like this and she is wearing a new tiara
princess Azrinaz looks wonderful too she is fantastic young lady.
i don't know what PAish is wearing so awful dress.
her Gallery of photos: 130508 SANTAP
Princess Aisha (who is an army officer) is wearing the same sort of unifom like her brother the king and other Jordanians (but she is wearing it with a skirt). The woman standing next to her - is this her twin sister Zain?
QRania looks really great. A wonderfull dress. P.Azrinaz is very beautiful, too, but I miss a bit a smile on her face.

Old 05-13-2008, 01:53 PM
Nobility

I wonder if Rania's tiara isn't a converted necklace. I believe she did that for one of the tiaras she wore on the 2001 state visit to Great Britain, which I don't recall having seen since except in one formal portrait. It's not unusual for royal women to convert necklaces to tiaras and tiaras to necklaces. I also noticed that the earrings appeared to be new.

Is there any way to find video of the visit?

Old 05-13-2008, 01:54 PM
Heir Apparent

I thought that was Princess Zein but I wasn't sure, I was hoping you might be able to cofirm the lady's identity, Veram98!

Princess Azrinaz does look quite drained in some of the photos, hasn't she recently given birth?
Old 05-13-2008, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco

petra photos of the day
Supload.com // Free Image Hosting
i like QRania make-up.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayvee View Post
Is that a new tiara fo Queen Rania and the Sultan's young wife, Princess Azrinaz?

-Ayvee
Yes, Azrinaz is wearing a new tiara. It appears to be a very simple design. Too bad we don't have a close-up.
Queen Rania's tiara looks lovely as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veram98 View Post
The woman standing next to her - is this her twin sister Zain?
QRania looks really great. A wonderfull dress. P.Azrinaz is very beautiful, too, but I miss a bit a smile on her face.
In this photo posted by Little_star, you can see Princess Zein on the far right. She has cut her hair really short and apparently put on a bit of weight (or perhaps its her dress?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
Princess Azrinaz does look quite drained in some of the photos, hasn't she recently given birth?
Princess Azrinaz gave birth to a daughter on January 28. I agree that she doesn't look her best at this visit.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Wow, that's Zein?! I thought the lady looked familiar but I would never have guessed it was her if you hadn't pointed it out, Humera!
Old 05-13-2008, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

I think I have to disagree with most of you, I thought Princess Azrinaz looked very nice, yes not the best she has looked but she looked very nice., Queen Rania looked beautiful, like the dress, hair & make-up.

Visit to the museum, I didnt like her outfit. Did any of the Sultan's wife visit the museum with king & queen?
Old 05-13-2008, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator

Royal Orders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademoiselle Lilo View Post
petra photos of the day
More pictures from Infofoto

The Sultan of Brunei conferring upon His Majesty King Abdullah the 'Royal Family Order of the Crown of Brunei' and the 'Most Esteemed Family Order Laila Utama' on Her Majesty Queen Rania.
Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo 3
Photo 4

His Majesty King Abdullah conferring upon Her Majesty Queen Saleha and Princess Azrinaz, 'Wisam an-Nahada / Order of the Renaissance.'
Photo 5
Photo 6
Photo 7
Photo 8
Photo 9

For more information, visit the following pages:
BRUNEI - Orders and Decorations
JORDAN - Orders and Decorations
Old 05-13-2008, 03:05 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Did any of the Sultan's wife visit the museum with king & queen?
no but they were accompanied by Princess Rashidah, the Sultan and Queen Saleha's eldest child, along with Princesses Basma, Aisha, and Zein.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
I think I have to disagree with most of you, I thought Princess Azrinaz looked very nice, yes not the best she has looked but she looked very nice., Queen Rania looked beautiful, like the dress, hair & make-up.

Visit to the museum, I didnt like her outfit. Did any of the Sultan's wife visit the museum with king & queen?
I didn't think that Rania looked her best --- her lock of hair hanging in her face looked sloppy -
Old 05-13-2008, 03:11 PM
Heir Apparent

It seems Datin Faezah was at the arrival, was she at the evening event as well?
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/6...alim014so9.jpg
Old 05-13-2008, 03:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Princess basma looks so good and fresh.
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/9...halim05yo8.jpg
pity there is not alot of pics of Princess sarah she is a sush lovely young woman.
I like rania's in purple the colrours is nice but the dress it self not big choice,her make-up during whole visit is beautiful but outfits not sur and her hair in first pics it's awful hairdo.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:05 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
The tiara may be borrowed, I think the one she wore during the state visit to the Netherlands was also borrowed.
Sure, too was borrowed her Boucheron tiara, but it´s usually Muna and Queen Noor too had borrowed tiaras.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:00 PM
Super Moderator

More from today at the Nurul Iman Palace

King holds talks with Sultan of Brunei

Bandar Seri Begawan, May 13 (Petra)—His Majesty King Abdullah II held talks with His Majesty Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah of Brunei on ways of boosting bilateral ties in all fields as well as issues of concern o the Islamic world.

The two leaders expressed their interest to expand cooperation in various fields and proceed with measures to sign agreements still being examined in the economic, tourism and defence fields.

His Majesty and the Sultan of Brunei also reviewed investment, air transport, vocational and academic cooperation and a number of Islamic issues. News Part 2 of article

Pictures from Petra and Infofoto
Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo 3
Photo 4
Photo 5
Old 05-13-2008, 07:42 PM
Courtier

I thought also it was Princess Zain but the face look differnt and also less weight from old pictures I have seen. Dos anyone know who exactly went on the trip?
Old 05-14-2008, 04:00 AM
Aristocracy

Queen Rania look gorgeous at the gala. I think she should wear tiara more often. But i just have one problem, i think the jewelry that she wore is not glamor enough for Brunei. She should wear a necklace and brooch too.

As for Queen Saleha, I also adore her. Although I have to agree that the color that she wore at the Gala is not the best choice. Especially the Order that she wore also consist green color. She also need to try new clothing line. Almost all her dress look the same, only different color and pattern. And perhaps she should buy a new tiara too. I've seen her wearing that tiara so often.

The Princess Azrinaz, i don't really like her. She might be beautiful. but for me she still 'the other lady'. But i have to say, among the royal ladies of Brunei, perhaps she have one of the most good taste in fashion. At the Gala, she wear a nice tiara. But i don't like her hairstyle. She should do something with it, rather than just like that.

Princess Basma in other hands, she look nice. Her tiara is very nice. I think Queen Rania should wear something like that. And also Princess Basma's necklace look wonderful in her tiny neck..

I wonder why the other royal ladies didn't wear tiara... From many pictures I saw that no member of Brunei Royal Family except the Queen and Princess Azrinaz ever wear tiara in formal occasion, except on their wedding day. Does anyone know why?? Thanks..
Old 05-14-2008, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Queen Rania's activites today
http://www.infofoto.org.bn/main.php?g2_itemId=165435
Old 05-14-2008, 08:21 AM
Nobility

can't open this link. any idea why?
Old 05-14-2008, 08:31 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

i open it a minute ago to send photo but now he don't open i really don'tknow why sorry!!!
Old 05-14-2008, 08:55 AM

I can't open any link that originates from Brunei. Is there a problem there?