The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Other Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Brunei

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2004, 07:04 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Hmm..i still dont think its an issue.
Anyway, time for some pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	546
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	43621   Click image for larger version

Name:	couple.jpg
Views:	2463
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	43622   Click image for larger version

Name:	coupleb.jpg
Views:	480
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	43623   Click image for larger version

Name:	MASMALEH_.jpg
Views:	745
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	43624  

Old 10-02-2004, 07:29 AM
Gentry

It wasn't an issue in the first place. You only state the obvious and don't see beneath the facade.

Old 10-02-2004, 08:32 AM
Courtier

Hallo everyone,

With regard to the matter of headcovering, there is no such thing as obligatory to wear headcover for all Brunei royal members in the royal court, whether it is in the country or abroad. According to my friend from Brunei, the headcovering among members of Brunei royal court has been popular since the Sultan and his families return from pilgrimage to Mecca in 1980's. As far as my friend and I know, Brunei has never made any rules which lead to the compulsion of all Muslim women in Brunei to wear headcover like in Islamic Republic of Iran. It's the matter of personal choice but since there has also been an increase of Islamic awareness in Brunei and other countries in Southeast Asia since around the 80's the headcover becomes very popular. So the question whether Princess Sarah or Datin Faezah wear head cover or not is not a big deal or serious issue to be debated. If they want they just wear, if they don't then they will just take it off. However, see my keyword here, Islamic awareness- that's the reason why they wear headcover.
Old 10-02-2004, 11:19 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
Hmm..i still dont think its an issue.
Anyway, time for some pictures.
He always look like he can't get enough of his ladylove (and I love that purple dress on her).
Old 10-02-2004, 01:16 PM
Nobility

Princess Amy Mastura

Are you saying that this singer (biography below) was married to Prince Jefri and she is a cousin of Prince Sufri's former wife, a singer as well. ???

Biography: 'Princess' Amy Mastura

Being a cousin of Pingiran Mazuin Hamzah (popular teenage singer during the 80s who later married to Sultan Brunei's brother) certainly helped in initially propelling the name, Amy Mastura to the lips of many. Though, for many of her loyal fans, she's likely to bound to success on her very own. Before a lengthy career in music and film industry, Amy worked as a stewardess (flight attendant) for Malaysia Airlines (MAS) for five years. Her winning in Asia Bagus contest which was held in Japan in 1993 started her career as a singer who immediately represented Malaysia in Asian Pop Queen Festival 1994, also held in Japan. Amy later grabbed the Malaysia Most Popular Female (Musical) Artist title in 1996. In 2000, Amy was voted a winner for Pop-Rock category of Juara Lagu 2000 for her song entitled Bintang Hati.

Among her other accomplishments include a duet with Tommy Page (for the song entitled 'the Best Part'); being a Veejay for MTV Syok and; two twin-platinum awards for her self-titled and Pujaanku albums and a platinum award for her album entitled Puteri. Besides music, Amy Mastura has been an active representative cum (beauty) model for several commercial organizations including Shiseido Pureness, Aiwa, Adidas, Omega, Axion Spring Fresh and Lux. Acting-wise, she's been in several films, up to co-producing her latest trilogy telemovies and a theater entitled 'Siti Di Alam Fantasi' in 2000.

This cute, lovable and highly admired female artist is the youngest of two siblings and is now married to her long-time friend, Alvin Tham Sufian on June 30, 2000. On April 20, 2001, Amy gave birth to a daughter named Adriana. There you go: Amy is one of the few career-minded moms in enteratainment industry, who continues to be a respected model, singer, actress and recently, movie producer.
Old 10-02-2004, 08:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutie
It wasn't an issue in the first place. You only state the obvious and don't see beneath the facade.
Well Ephram has said it best. Like i said, its not as important as you're making it sound. You happen to think that the headcovering is an issue enough to warrant the royal family wearing it strategically for national/international audiences. It simply isnt so carefully planned. I dont know if you're Muslim or not, but thats simlpy not how it works. Even with Muslim royalty. Its not protocol and tradition either because earlier Bruneian queens and female royals didnt wear the headcover at all.
Old 10-02-2004, 08:28 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by La la
He always look like he can't get enough of his ladylove (and I love that purple dress on her).
I hope that means he's not like his father. I've noticed he's shy and reserved. But he's different around his wife. Lets hope it stays that way.
Old 10-02-2004, 10:51 PM
Gentry

Do sikhs always wear turbans? you debate for the sake of it. i have better things to do. see ya.
Old 10-04-2004, 08:35 AM
Commoner

Have you seen this website?

It has lots of information on the genealogy of the Brunei Royal family. It seems Prince Sufri has been married four times.

http://www.4dw.net/royalark/Brunei/brunei.htm
Old 10-04-2004, 09:35 AM
Gentry

The Crown Princess of Brunei is so beatiful and regal!
Old 10-04-2004, 10:27 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutie
Do sikhs always wear turbans? you debate for the sake of it. i have better things to do. see ya.
my point exactly. No one wears religious headgear for publicity reasons. Its personal choice.
You initiated the debate which has seemed pointless to me from the beginning.
Old 10-04-2004, 10:29 PM
Super Moderator

The Crown Prince and Princess on their honeymoon in Venice, Italy, October 2, 2004
Attached Images

Old 10-04-2004, 11:45 PM
bluetortuga

Quote:
The Crown Prince and Princess on their honeymoon in Venice, Italy, October 2, 2004
Just curious, where did you find this picture. They look shocked that they're being photographed. So much for privacy. I trust they have left Venice by now and moved on to another locale.
Old 10-04-2004, 11:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think she looks both beautiful with and without the headscarf.
Thanks for the pics, Humera, where do you get them? I have noticed you seem to post pictures that most of us or at least I don't find anywhere.
P.S. Is that Vaneeza Ahmed as you avatar? Pretty lady...
Old 10-05-2004, 12:37 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdas1201
I think she looks both beautiful with and without the headscarf.
Thanks for the pics, Humera, where do you get them? I have noticed you seem to post pictures that most of us or at least I don't find anywhere.
P.S. Is that Vaneeza Ahmed as you avatar? Pretty lady...
Yes it is:)
Im guessing you're Pakistani?

The pictures I have are actually from various photoagencies, including Brunei's Infofoto. I alter them ofcourse, since they're too big. The honeymoon pic though, is from ISIFA.com
Some more pics from the honeymoon, Sep 29, 2004
Attached Images

Old 10-05-2004, 02:16 PM
bluetortuga

Quote:
Yes it is:)
Im guessing you're Pakistani?

The pictures I have are actually from various photoagencies, including Brunei's Infofoto. I alter them ofcourse, since they're too big. The honeymoon pic though, is from ISIFA.com
Some more pics from the honeymoon, Sep 29, 2004
Thanks for these pics. Poor things, They don't look too happy. I'd be ticked off too if there were paparazzi following me; but if it weren't for the paparazzi, we would get to see these photos. Aside from this, I hope the royal couple are having a good time.
Old 10-06-2004, 11:12 PM
Super Moderator

Prince Azim of Brunei and his mother arrive at the celebrity screening of "Paycheck" at the Charlotte Street Hotel on January 12, 2004 in London. (Photo by Gareth Davies/Getty Images)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2861985.jpg
Views:	2289
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	44594   Click image for larger version

Name:	2861988.jpg
Views:	1524
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	44595  
Old 10-06-2004, 11:16 PM
Super Moderator

Prince Azim with his sisters at the "Masks in Aid" charity evening, where celebrity-designed masks are auctioned off for charity, held at Banqueting House, Whitehall Palace on December 15, 2003 in London. (Photo by Steve Finn/Getty Images)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2812969.jpg
Views:	1872
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	44596  
Old 10-06-2004, 11:23 PM
Super Moderator

BANDAR SERI BEGAWAN, BRUNEI DARUSSALAM: Bruneian Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah (C) and his wives Queen Saleha (L) and Queen Mariam (R) pray to mark the Sultan's 53rd birthday 15 July 1999 at the Istana Nurul Iman in Brunei Darussalam. Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah said his kingdom will push ahead with an ambitious plan to become a Southest Asian trade and service hub even as it reeled from economic contraction. AFP PHOTO (Photo credit should read ROSLAN RAHMAN/AFP/Getty Images)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	51406925.jpg
Views:	894
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	44597  
Old 10-06-2004, 11:24 PM
Super Moderator

BANDAR SERI BEGAWAN, BRUNEI DARUSSALAM: Bruneian Sultan, Hassanal Bolkiah (C) with his wives Queen Salleha Al-Marhum (L) and Queen Mariam Abdul Aziz (R) in a prayer for blessing during the Sultan's 54th birthday ceremony at the Istana Nurul Iman in Bandar Seri Begawan, 15 July 2000. Sultan Bolkiah, born 15 July 1946 is the 29th monarch and is also one of the longest reigning monarchs in the world. (ELECTRONIC IMAGE) AFP PHOTO/Roslan RAHMAN (Photo credit should read ROSLAN RAHMAN/AFP/Getty Images)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	51344276.jpg
Views:	709
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	44598  

Closed Thread