The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Other Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Brunei

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 03:14 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
thanx for that Zina. I think I do agree that the real reason could've been political or something else. I wouldnt buy the affair story because if it was even remotely true, the Sultan wouldn't have remained friends with Hjh Mariam.
How are the brunei royalties "paid" ..like do they receive some kind of salary from the government ? I read somewhere that the Sultan of Brunei is worth like 15 Billion dollars and was used to be the richest man before Bill Gates. The sultan must be paid like a lot.

The divorce proceedings and settlement was a little exorbitant from what was reported in the papers.

Old 01-15-2005, 06:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie
How are the brunei royalties "paid" ..like do they receive some kind of salary from the government ? I read somewhere that the Sultan of Brunei is worth like 15 Billion dollars and was used to be the richest man before Bill Gates. The sultan must be paid like a lot.
I don't think his wealth comes from his personal salary. Being a sultan means that he controls parts of the resources in his country. I hear that he also invests his money in world stocks, so that could also contribute to his wealth.

Old 01-15-2005, 11:49 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:

The divorce proceedings and settlement was a little exorbitant from what was reported in the papers.
Each royal family member receives a monthly salary, even the children. That is the reason why the Royals adopt so many children, in addition to having their own - To get extra income. These adopted children are never seen in the media or newspapers - they are commoners of different nationalities and are not raised as equals with their royal siblings.

Now that P. Sarah is a Royal, she will be receiving a very large monthly sum, and so will her parents.
Old 01-16-2005, 04:18 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Caption:
LONDON - JANUARY 13: Actress Faye Dunaway and Prince Azim of Brunei arrives at the Funky Buddha Tsunami Earthquake Appeal on January 13, 2005 at Funky Buddha in London. The party aims to raise funds for the Asian earthquake and tsunami relief effort and also introduces a new cocktail which will be on sale all year with 50 percent of sales going to the appeal. (Photo by David Westing/Getty Images

Its funny how Getty keeps calling Azim the Crown Prince of Brunei. I had to edit the caption.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	51960857.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	80343  
Old 01-16-2005, 08:35 PM
Royal Highness

Some1 now the name of the sulton?
Old 01-17-2005, 04:32 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by micas
Some1 now the name of the sulton?
I'm guessing you are asking the name of the Sultan of Brunei. His full name is His Majesty Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Mu'izzaddin Waddaulah Ibni Al-Marhum Sultan Haji Omar Ali Saifuddien Sa'adul Khairi Waddien
Old 01-17-2005, 06:03 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zina
Each royal family member receives a monthly salary, even the children. That is the reason why the Royals adopt so many children, in addition to having their own - To get extra income. These adopted children are never seen in the media or newspapers - they are commoners of different nationalities and are not raised as equals with their royal siblings.

Now that P. Sarah is a Royal, she will be receiving a very large monthly sum, and so will her parents.
Hope that this largesseof royalties are beneficially utilised for the people of brunei and i heard that the sultan is a generous man who looks after his kingdom- good for him and long live the sultanate .

I really admire HRH Sarah. At such a young age, she 's already discharging such filial peity fulfilling the dreams beyond any parents imagination.

Has anyone heard HRH Princess Sarah speak before like address an audience or something? Wonder how she sounds like. Any more updates on the lovely princess ,pictures news , school work etc etc.Would love to learn more about hrh.
Old 01-17-2005, 06:17 AM
Gentry

Prince Azim looks like a lively person and rather interesting which is usually the case for those who has lived in vibrant and metropolitan London with the quirky British humour.

What's CP Billah like?
Old 01-17-2005, 07:31 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Hope that this largesseof royalties are beneficially utilised for the people of brunei and i heard that the sultan is a generous man who looks after his kingdom- good for him and long live the sultanate .

I really admire HRH Sarah. At such a young age, she 's already discharging such filial peity fulfilling the dreams beyond any parents imagination.

Has anyone heard HRH Princess Sarah speak before like address an audience or something? Wonder how she sounds like. Any more updates on the lovely princess ,pictures news , school work etc etc.Would love to learn more about hrh.
Yes, there is free medical care and free education in Brunei, as well as a Foundation set up by His Majesty to help those in need.

I'm sure P. Sarah's family are happy now, but many people do not know that her mother, was in fact, very unhappy about the marriage in the beginning. Due to her daughter's young age.

As of yet, P. Sarah has not made any official speeches, so most people are curious to hear how she sounds too. Apart from the post wedding banquets and functions, she is not done many official duties yet. And Brunei press are not likely to feature interviews, as the Royals are kept mostly out of the public scrutiny, apart from official duties and speeches they perform.
Old 01-17-2005, 11:58 PM
Super Moderator

larger pics of Prince Azim
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	B137_086136_0008.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	81472   Click image for larger version

Name:	B137_086136_0007.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	81473  
Old 01-19-2005, 02:35 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinneret5764
Any recent pics of P. Sarah?
Found this picture of Sarah wearing grey, on another site. I have never seen it before, and I thought it was a nice picture to include here.

The other pics are from the book "Curahan Kasih" - 1 is of the royal couple when they were courting and the other of Sarah on a school field trip.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DK Sarah.jpg
Views:	526
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	81946   Click image for larger version

Name:	royalcouple.jpg
Views:	794
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	81947   Click image for larger version

Name:	schooltripsarah.jpg
Views:	602
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	81948  
Old 01-19-2005, 04:47 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zina
Found this picture of Sarah wearing grey, on another site. I have never seen it before, and I thought it was a nice picture to include here.

The other pics are from the book "Curahan Kasih" - 1 is of the royal couple when they were courting and the other of Sarah on a school field trip.
Hi Zina

Thanks for the lovely pictures! In fact I was looking for the book " curahan kashi" .do you know anywhere i could purchase that? anymore pictures found in the book as well? would love to see more of Sarah's picture before meeting the prince or of younger days example.

The first picture of Sarah in gray is actually purple. I have seen the other version of the same outfit somewhere in the royalty brunei thread and Sarah as usual looks resplendent but she looks especially good in this one.
Old 01-19-2005, 04:54 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Hi Zina

Thanks for the lovely pictures! In fact I was looking for the book " curahan kashi" .do you know anywhere i could purchase that? anymore pictures found in the book as well? would love to see more of Sarah's picture before meeting the prince or of younger days example.

The first picture of Sarah in gray is actually purple. I have seen the other version of the same outfit somewhere in the royalty brunei thread and Sarah as usual looks resplendent but she looks especially good in this one.
was trying to google search for the book curahan kashi but can't find information anywhere else but i found this with more picture of the lovely princess.

http://www.bruneistudent.com/zeroskull/rc_forum2.jpg
Old 01-19-2005, 01:34 PM
Nobility

Thank you all for very lovely pictures and interesting information about Brunei Royalties - I truly enjoy reading your informative and well balanced posts - much appreciated. :)
Old 01-20-2005, 12:48 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueice
Thank you all for very lovely pictures and interesting information about Brunei Royalties - I truly enjoy reading your informative and well balanced posts - much appreciated. :)
I'm afraid Curah Kasih is not available in local stores. It was a gift from the His Majesty the Sultan and Her Majesty the Queen to the royal couple(crown prince billah & princess sarah) on their wedding day and only given to the guests during their wedding ceremony 9th Sept 2004 including other special gifts.

I have a photo of Princess Sarah when she was younger. The other photo is with her grandfather.
Attached Images

Old 01-20-2005, 12:55 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
was trying to google search for the book curahan kashi but can't find information anywhere else but i found this with more picture of the lovely princess.

http://www.bruneistudent.com/zeroskull/rc_forum2.jpg
I'm afraid you can't purchase the book 'Curah Kasih' Minnie sorry. It was a gift for the royal couple from His Majesty and Her Majesty and was only given to guests on the royal wedding on the 9th Sept 2004. There is even a beautiful letter from their Majesties to the Royal couple in the book and one very good poem about life written by His Majesty's late father and the crown prince's grandfather.
Old 01-20-2005, 06:38 AM
Gentry

hi Alfie

Thanks for the great looking pictures. Hrh highness's really an affectionate person from the picture with granddad.

So what's in the book curahan kasih? I only read about it in the papers but they did not say much about the bool except that it is a commemorative book. If not too much of a trouble hope you can post more of Sarah's pictures from the book like school days trips etc etc.

would you be able to reproduce the poem here?
Old 01-20-2005, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

Pictures of the Sultan, his four sons, and others offering Eid prayers.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	HARUN_004.sized.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	82546   Click image for larger version

Name:	HARUN_002.sized.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	82547   Click image for larger version

Name:	HARUN_005.sized.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	82548   Click image for larger version

Name:	HARUN_009.sized.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	82549  

Name:	HARUN_010.sized.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	82550   Click image for larger version

Name:	HARUN_013.sized.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	82551   Click image for larger version

Name:	HARUN_018.sized.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	82552   Click image for larger version

Name:	HARUN_022.sized.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	82553  

Name:	HARUN_006.sized.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	82554  
Old 01-20-2005, 11:02 PM
Aristocracy

More photos from Curahan Kasih

Quote:

Hope you can post more of Sarah's pictures from the book like school days trips etc etc.

would you be able to reproduce the poem here?
Here are some. Left to Right: Picture of a very happy couple; Sarah on her school trip (looking very much like the supermodel!); Crown Prince first meeting Sarah on his visit to her college. At Wimbledon , UK around June 2004. I will try and add more later on.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	sarah1.jpg
Views:	339
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	83863   Click image for larger version

Name:	wimbledon.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	83864   Click image for larger version

Name:	royalvisit.jpg
Views:	1973
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	83865   Click image for larger version

Name:	happycouple.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	83866  

Old 01-23-2005, 09:16 PM
Royal Highness

I was wondering if someone could put pics of when the Crown Prince went to Petra? Thank you.