The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Other Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Brunei

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2004, 01:18 AM
Courtier

Crown Prince Bilah will marry 17 year old Dayangku Sarah binte Pengiran Haji Salleh Abdul Rahaman on 8th Sept. 2004. Festivities begin on the 24th of August.

http://www.brudirect.com/DailyInfo/160504/nite01.htm

Old 05-16-2004, 02:25 AM
Gentry

Hi Sean! Do you have more informations or pictures about this wedding?
Thanks

Old 05-16-2004, 06:21 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Duke@May 16th, 2004 - 1:25 am
Hi Sean! Do you have more informations or pictures about this wedding?
Thanks
Hi there,

The wedding doesn't take place until Sept, so no, I don't have any pictures yet Hopefully there will be lots when the time comes :)) I've given the link to an article though, and will post any additional information I come across.

Take care,

Sean
Old 05-16-2004, 06:46 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

how old is the crown prince?
im afraid the link isn't working.
seventeen is pretty young for a girl though.
I wonder if this is the same prince who apparentely gave an extravagant gift to Mariah Carey a couple of months ago...i forget what it was, a piece of jewellery i think.
I also remember watching something on tv about members of the royal family of Brunei shipping beautiful women from the US to one of their palaces and taking them on shopping sprees. That family sounds quite corrupt. The prince isn't much to look at either. I hope the poor girl knows what she's getting into.
Old 05-16-2004, 07:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by ~*~Humera~*~@May 16th, 2004 - 5:46 pm
im afraid the link isn't working.
I wonder if this is the same prince who apparentely gave an extravagant gift to Mariah Carey a couple of months ago...i forget what it was, a piece of jewellery i think.
I also remember watching something on tv about members of the royal family of Brunei shipping beautiful women from the US to one of their palaces and taking them on shopping sprees. That family sounds quite corrupt. The prince isn't much to look at either. I hope the poor girl knows what she's getting into.
Corrupt and, IMO, guilty of extremely bad taste. They seem to prefer a style that I refer to as "Louis-Farouk". No doubt this wedding will be quite the Louis Farouk event, with the Golden Rolls Royce Chariot being brought out, as well as the newely ordered diamond encursted cars . Tacky.

The Crown Prince is 30 years of age.
Old 05-16-2004, 08:06 PM
bluetortuga

Quote:
Originally posted by Sean.~+May 16th, 2004 - 6:44 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sean.~ @ May 16th, 2004 - 6:44 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-~*~Humera~*~@May 16th, 2004 - 5:46 pm
im afraid the link isn&#39;t working.
I also remember watching something on tv about members of the royal family of Brunei shipping beautiful women from the US to one of their palaces and taking them on shopping sprees. That family sounds quite corrupt. The prince isn&#39;t much to look at either. I hope the poor girl knows what she&#39;s getting into.
Corrupt and, IMO, guilty of extremely bad taste. They seem to prefer a style that I refer to as "Louis-Farouk". No doubt this wedding will be quite the Louis Farouk event, with the Golden Rolls Royce Chariot being brought out, as well as the newely ordered diamond encursted cars . Tacky.

The Crown Prince is 30 years of age. [/b][/quote]
The marriage is probably arranged. The CP is getting older and it will be hard to find a virgin in his age group. So the Brunei courtiers have found a school girl for him to marry. I&#39;m not really impressed with CP Mutahdee. He comes across like a dolt to me.
Old 05-16-2004, 08:58 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

The Crown Prince&#39;s website
http://www.crownprince.gov.bn
Old 05-17-2004, 01:31 PM
Courtier

Pictures of both the future groom and his bride:

http://www.brunei-online.com/sunday/news/may16h1.htm
Old 09-25-2004, 10:13 AM
Gentry

hi Ephram,

i would like to know some things about brunei royalty.

1) how many wives do prince jeffri, mohammed and sufri have?
2) do the wives of these princes receive princess titles?
3) i noticed that prince jeffri did not attend the wedding? does he still participate in royal duties?
4) who is prince sufri's wife? she is very beautiful? also, i would like to know why she does not wear the cloth to cover her head?
5) i'm also very curious as to why the sultan divorced his second wife. do you have any thoughts about this?

thank you Ephram!
Old 09-25-2004, 11:55 AM
bluetortuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutie
hi Ephram,

i would like to know some things about brunei royalty.

1) how many wives do prince jeffri, mohammed and sufri have?
2) do the wives of these princes receive princess titles?
3) i noticed that prince jeffri did not attend the wedding? does he still participate in royal duties?
4) who is prince sufri's wife? she is very beautiful? also, i would like to know why she does not wear the cloth to cover her head?
5) i'm also very curious as to why the sultan divorced his second wife. do you have any thoughts about this?

thank you Ephram!
Prince Jefri, at last count, has four wives. He has 17 natural children, and 18 adopted.
Prince MOhammed has one wife and has had only one wife. They've been married about 33 years.
The Sultan had two wives but divorced the younger wife in 2003, Princess Mariam. She is the mother of the current second in line to the throne, Prince Abdul Azim. I mean, she should have seen his ways; a year after she had Prince Abdul Azim, Queen Saleha gave birth to Prince Abdul Malik, who is my Bruneian prince.

I agree, Prince Sufri's wife is very pretty. I notice that she does not wear a head covering like the rest of the Brunei royal women. I think Princess Sarah, P. Al-Muhtadee Billah's wife, looks far better without the headcovering. She too is a beautiful young lady.

By the way, what illness does Prince Sufri have that causes him to have so many large bumps and lumps on his skin?
Old 09-25-2004, 12:00 PM
Gentry

I would like to know this too? His wife is so beautiful but he has bumps all over him, even on his hands! I think he was born like this.
Old 09-25-2004, 12:02 PM
Gentry

does prince sufri have one wife? how many children does he have?

i also think princess sarah is very beautiful. but i think she is too young for him. i wonder if they have anything in common. but if she were older, they would make a perfect couple.
Old 09-25-2004, 03:16 PM
bluetortuga

I think P. Sufri has only one wife. I haven't seen anything about him having children.It is my understanding that the royal newlyweds have now left Brunei for a honeymoon. Is this true? And if so any clue on where they went for heir romantic getaway? No matter what we think, this is a lovematch on both sides.
Old 09-25-2004, 04:33 PM
Gentry

They are not a true 'love match'. The crown prince had a serious girlfriend for many years, but the sultan thought she was too plain. On the crown prince's 30th birthday, he was told to choose a bride among a group of virgin girls that was presented to him. The crown prince and princess have only know each other for a few months. They look good together, which is what the sultan wants.
Old 09-25-2004, 04:36 PM
Courtier

As for Sarah, she looks older with the headcovering. I thought she looked very attractive with the headcovering she wore on her wedding.
Old 09-25-2004, 04:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
They are not a true 'love match'. The crown prince had a serious girlfriend for many years, but the sultan thought she was too plain. On the crown prince's 30th birthday, he was told to choose a bride among a group of virgin girls that was presented to him. The crown prince and princess have only know each other for a few months. They look good together, which is what the sultan wants.
This is what I also heard. Do you know whether they asked for Sarah's consent? She looked very (or they) comfortable and happy by his side.
Old 09-25-2004, 04:58 PM
Courtier

I found this article very interesting:

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=137022003

Sorry for going off-topic :o
Old 09-25-2004, 05:16 PM
Gentry

which part is interesting?
Old 09-26-2004, 01:46 PM
bluetortuga

Quote:
The old girlfriend was plianlooking? Does anyone have a photo of this young woman. Is she still living in Brunei?
I think the fact the P. A-MB chose Sarah means that he was attracted to her in some way. They seem comfortable together in public, and they talk to each other in public. Even if this marriage was arranged it just might work out. The Sultan has been married to Q. Saleha for 39 years. Their marriage was arranged; and it spite of the Sultan's numerous indscretions, and his second marriage, she has stood by him. It's amazing sometimes they even laugh together in public.
Old 09-26-2004, 01:53 PM
Gentry

Plain doesn't necessary have to be in her appearance only. It could be her upbringing or background.