The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Other Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Brunei

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2004, 08:37 AM
Nobility

I have relized in the past pictures i have seen that CP sara has put on some weight.She looked abit slimmer in her before wedding pictures.

Old 11-14-2004, 12:50 PM
Commoner

I don't know if anybody noticed this, but check out the last pic. The size of that diamond brooch attached to her scarf is huge!!

Old 11-14-2004, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhaegar
I don't know if anybody noticed this, but check out the last pic. The size of that diamond brooch attached to her scarf is huge!!
Princess Sarah has some stunning jewels, if you want to see them all, there are a lot of pictures in the Royal Jewels forum.
Old 11-14-2004, 05:31 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who
I have relized in the past pictures i have seen that CP sara has put on some weight.She looked abit slimmer in her before wedding pictures.
Maybe she's preggers?
Old 11-14-2004, 10:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Brunei Royal Family Exchanges Hari Raya Greetings

Bandar Seri Begawan – His Majesty Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah, Sultan of Brunei and Her Majesty Raja Isteri Pengiran Anak Hajah Saleha have exchanged Hari Raya greetings with state dignitaries and foreign diplomats at the Baitul Rahmah of Istana Nurul Iman.

Present were His Royal Highness Prince Haji Al-Muhtadee Billah, the Crown Prince, and Her Royal Highness Paduka Seri Pengiran Anak Isteri Pengiran Anak Sarah.

Also present were His Royal Highness Prince Mohammed Bolkiah and Yang Teramat Mulia Pengiran Anak Isteri Pengiran Anak Hajah Zariah, His Royal Highness Prince Haji Sufri Bolkiah and Yang Mulia Datin Hajah Faezah as well as His Majesty's other sons, His Royal Highness Prince Abdul Malik and His Royal Highness Prince Abdul Mateen.

The function was also attended by His Royal Highness Prince Haji Sufri Bolkiah and Yang Mulia Datin Hajah Faezah.

Also in attendance were His Majesty's daughters, Her Royal Highness Princess Hajah Rashidah Saadatul Bolkiah, Her Royal Highness Princess Hajah Majeedah Nuurul Bolkiah, Her Royal Highness Hajah Hafizah Sururul Bolkiah.

Other members of the royal family include Yang Teramat Mulia Paduka Seri Pengiran Anak Puteri Hajah Masna, Yang Teramat Mulia Paduka Seri Pengiran Anak Puteri Hajah Amal Umi Khalthum Al-Islam, Yang Teramat Mulia Paduka Seri Pengiran Anak Puteri Hajah Norehsani as well as grandchildren of His Majesty and other members of the royal household.

His Majesty's guests and their spouses comprise of YAM Pengiran Cheterias, Cabinet Ministers, members of councils, deputy ministers, foreign diplomats, Permanent Secretaries and senior government officials.

Meanwhile, the Istana Nurul Iman will be open for the public for three days starting today.

They can visit the Royal Palace from 10am until 12noon, and visiting hours resume at 2pm until 4pm.

The people in the country should not miss out on the tremendous opportunity to personally meet and convey their Hari Raya greetings to their beloved ruler and members of the royal family, commented a state broadcast. -- Courtesy of Radio Television Brunei
I believe their Hari Raya is like Eid to most other Muslims...
Old 11-14-2004, 10:50 PM
Humble

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdas1201
I believe their Hari Raya is like Eid to most other Muslims...
Hari Raya is for ALL muslims

Hari Raya is EID EL FITRI which celebrates the end of the fasting month, Ramadan. In Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei, etc, they say Selamate Hari Raya which means Happy EID EL FITRI..

NB: i am not Asian...but have good friends from Malaysia whom i knew during my graduate schooling..
Old 11-15-2004, 08:31 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah I've noticed that the Bruneian press uses the words "Hari Raya" and "Aidilfitri" interchangeably.
Here are the rest of the pics from November 14

1. Princess Rashidah
2. Princess Majeedah & Hafizah
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rashidah.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	56644   Click image for larger version

Name:	M & H.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	146.4 KB
ID:	56645   Click image for larger version

Name:	1 copy.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	56646   Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	485
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	56647  

Name:	2 copy.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	56648   Click image for larger version

Name:	HAMADI_05 copy.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	56649   Click image for larger version

Name:	HARUN_01 copy.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	56650  
Old 11-15-2004, 08:35 PM
Nobility

Rhaegar,
Have you seen her wedding ring and the earings she wore on her wedding day?They were huge diamons, must of weighed each one over 40carats.
Old 11-15-2004, 10:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

November 15, 2004: Junjong Ziarah Hari Raya Aid-il-fitri pertama

I must say Princess Sarah is looking exceptionally pretty in red, it suits her very well...
By the way, what is that jewel on the scarf, Princess Sarah wears it alot.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	HALIM_001.sized.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	56660   Click image for larger version

Name:	HALIM_004.sized.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	56661   Click image for larger version

Name:	HALIM_005.sized.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	56662   Click image for larger version

Name:	RAMLI_002.sized.jpg
Views:	536
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	56663  

Name:	RAMLI_003.sized.jpg
Views:	422
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	56664  
Old 11-15-2004, 11:08 PM
Super Moderator

The women of the royal family wear beautiful pins and brooches to keep their scarves in place. One is worn under the chin, and another at the bottom end of the hijab, under that, is usually a long necklace. I used to think they were all one big piece but if you look closely, it isnt.
Old 11-16-2004, 07:33 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by La la
Thanks Zina for answering our questions. If you don't mind, are you from Brunei?
I am from Brunei :)
Old 11-16-2004, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zina
I am from Brunei :)
Zina I have a question, I know the names of three of the sultan's daughters from his first wife, Princesses Rashidah, Majeedah, and Hafizah. What's the name of the fourth daughter? I only saw her at the crown prince's wedding, does she not carry out official duties like her other sisters? I also didnt see her in the Eid pictures.
Old 11-18-2004, 04:30 AM
Aristocracy

Sultan's Daughter's Name

The other daughter is HRH Princess Mutawakillah Hayatul Bolkiah. She would normally be at the Palace during Hari Raya, with her sisters. She probably had her own reasons for not attending. Even Pg Anak Isteri Pg Anak Sarah did not attend the morning raya greeting session, yesterday. She did attend in the afternoon however.
Old 11-18-2004, 03:27 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who
Rhaegar,
Have you seen her wedding ring and the earings she wore on her wedding day?They were huge diamons, must of weighed each one over 40carats.
Yes they were, and the necklaces were truly works of art. Thanks to whoever it was for the close ups in the Royal Jewels forum!

And I agree, Princess Sarah looks wonderful in red...

So does anybody know if she's continuing with her education?
Old 11-18-2004, 07:35 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
The other daughter is HRH Princess Mutawakillah Hayatul Bolkiah. She would normally be at the Palace during Hari Raya, with her sisters. She probably had her own reasons for not attending. Even Pg Anak Isteri Pg Anak Sarah did not attend the morning raya greeting session, yesterday. She did attend in the afternoon however.
thanx Zina.
There's another thing I'd like to know. Is Princess Rashidah the only married daughter of the Sultan? Are any of them engaged? Is there any talk in Brunei of who they might end up getting married to?
Old 11-18-2004, 08:17 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
thanx Zina.
There's another thing I'd like to know. Is Princess Rashidah the only married daughter of the Sultan? Are any of them engaged? Is there any talk in Brunei of who they might end up getting married to?
So far, Princess Rashidah is the only married daughter of the Sultan. But there are rumours that Princess Majeedah is to marry soon. No idea who with, or if there is any truth in the rumours. If she does marry, it is likely to be an arranged marriage with one of her distant cousins. Unlike the Sultan's sons, the Sultan's daughters must marry nobility or blue bloods.
Old 11-20-2004, 02:58 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
So far, Princess Rashidah is the only married daughter of the Sultan. But there are rumours that Princess Majeedah is to marry soon. No idea who with, or if there is any truth in the rumours. If she does marry, it is likely to be an arranged marriage with one of her distant cousins. Unlike the Sultan's sons, the Sultan's daughters must marry nobility or blue bloods.
oh really? I would've thought that its the sons who'd have to marry into the nobility since they're the ones first in line to the throne.
As for the sultan's kids from his second wife, would they have to marry with the consent of their father? eventhough their parents are divorced and they seem to spend most of their time in England? I've heard that the royal family doesn't even like the name of the former princess Mariam to be mentioned. If her kids marry in Brunei, as they're likely to, I wonder if she'd be allowed to attend the weddings.
Old 11-20-2004, 05:54 AM
Gentry

Read in another thread and some papers that Crown Prince Muhtadee has a long time girlfriend before he married Sarah. Why didn't he marry his ex?
Old 11-28-2004, 10:59 AM
bluetortuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie
Read in another thread and some papers that Crown Prince Muhtadee has a long time girlfriend before he married Sarah. Why didn't he marry his ex?
According to Malaysian newpapers, the CP parents thought his ex-girlfriend was "too common". I've never seen pictures of this ex-girlfriend; she left Brunei "in a huff" after CP's engagement to Sarah Salleh was announced. CP wanted a bride of mixed heritage. P. Sarah is half-Swiss; and she is also a distant cousin, her father being a member of Brunei's aristocracy, and a descendent of a previous Sultan.
Old 11-29-2004, 12:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Crown Prince His Royal Highness Prince Haji Al-Muhtadee Billah met with Prince Andrew of York
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (69.4 KB, 337 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (85.7 KB, 180 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (87.2 KB, 163 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (78.9 KB, 143 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (75.8 KB, 183 views)