Royalty of Brunei 1: January 2004-February 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Minnie said:
Kudos Alfie! it must be quite a rare sight to catch the royals in public places?. did they enjoy the movie ? it's nice to hear that royalties also do stuff that ordinary folks like us do!!! go to the movies and gym . Keep your wonderful insightful coming Alfie!

saw in pictures you posted in Princess Sarah's thread, that HRH has put on some weight. Are we expecting the pitter patter of junior sarah and billah soon? ; )
oops! too excited . I meant to say " keep those insightful news /pictures coming Alfie"!

Haven't had the chance to see the couple in person and it would be wonderful to catch sight of them. Any ideas on the watering holes of the lovely couple that is accessible to commoners? How does Sarah look in person, same closeness as in photographs? HRH is really photogenic i must say
Also, wonder if you may know how Sarah's doing in school?
Hope you don't mind overwhelming busybodiness hehehe ...but it's really great to learnt that there is someone who knows the royal couple so closely.

Minnie said:
oops! too excited . I meant to say " keep those insightful news /pictures coming Alfie"!

Haven't had the chance to see the couple in person and it would be wonderful to catch sight of them. Any ideas on the watering holes of the lovely couple that is accessible to commoners? How does Sarah look in person, same closeness as in photographs? HRH is really photogenic i must say
Also, wonder if you may know how Sarah's doing in school?
Hope you don't mind overwhelming busybodiness hehehe ...but it's really great to learnt that there is someone who knows the royal couple so closely.
It's quite alright Minnie. Well, you have to be lucky! to catch a glimpse of them going out. They love to watch movies in the local cinemas and some local eatery e.g. Coffeebean. But if you get invited to official functions that they attend you can get even closer and ask for an autograph. HRH is blossoming into a beautiful princess. She is gorgeous! HRH took some 'A' level exams in November and she will continue taking more exams next year.

Minnie said:
How does Sarah look in person, same closeness as in photographs? HRH is really photogenic i must say .
I've met and seen her close up, and she looks exactly the same in person as she does in photos. Flawless :)

Zina said:
I've met and seen her close up, and she looks exactly the same in person as she does in photos. Flawless :)
Yes! I totally agree with you Zina. She is gorgeous in person and very friendly too. Just like her parents and brothers.

Prince Azim and sisters attend the La Dolce Vita ball in London, Dec 13, 2004
Princess Azemah looks very pretty!

Attachments

• 1b.jpg
    1b.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 697
  • 1d.jpg
    1d.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 4,214
  • 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 12,850
  • glUK%5FBrunei%5F01%2E%2Ejpg.jpg
    glUK%5FBrunei%5F01%2E%2Ejpg.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 1,925
Last edited:
~*~Humera~*~ said:
Prince Azim and sisters attend the La Dolce Vita ball in London, Dec 13, 2004
Princess Azemah looks very pretty!
His sisters look great. but he looks like he's been sleeping in those clothes for two weeks.

kinneret5764 said:
His sisters look great. but he looks like he's been sleeping in those clothes for two weeks.
I dont get the baggy pants he's always wearing. In some of the pictures I've seen, they look like they're about to fall.
Not too many princes dress like that.
I guess he prefers casual comfort...and a bit of hip hop style

The Sultan left for Indonesia yesterday to attend the Tsunami summit:

Sultan Attends International Summit On Tsunami Aftermath
By M K Anwar

Bandar Seri Begawan - His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei arrived in Jakarta yesterday to attend an international summit to discuss issues relating to the aftermath of the recent earthquake and tsunami disaster that hit more than 10 countries in South Asia and Southeast Asia.

Accompanying His Majesty for the summit is His Royal Highness Prince Mohamed Bolkiah, Minister of Foreign Affairs.

Present at the airport to bid farewell to His Majesty was HRH Crown Prince Pg Muda Hj Al-Muhtadee Billah and HRH Prince Abdul Malik.

Indonesian Ambassador to Brunei Mr Yusbar Djamil and senior Brunei government officials were also at the airport.

A `doa selamat' was read by Pehin Dato Ustaz Hj Awg Abdul Aziz, the State Mufti.

It is expected that 25 countries will be attending the summit, including all Asean members, Japan, China, Canada, Australia, United States, New Zealand, India, Sri Lanka, Maldives, South Korea as well as international institutions such as the European Union, the United Nations, the World Health Organisation, Asean Development Bank and the World Bank.

His Majesty will join Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi of Japan, US Secretary of State Colin Powell, UN Secretary General Kofi Annan and the premiers of China and Australia at the meeting. -- Courtesy of Borneo Bulletin

The Sultan departing for Indonesia

Attachments

• RAFEE_002.sized.jpg
    RAFEE_002.sized.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 303
  • RAFEE_003.sized.jpg
    RAFEE_003.sized.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 329
  • RAFEE_005.sized.jpg
    RAFEE_005.sized.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 262
  • RAFEE_006.sized.jpg
    RAFEE_006.sized.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 598
  • RAFEE_007.sized.jpg
    RAFEE_007.sized.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 277
The Sultan and Prince Muhammad arrive in Indonesia

Attachments

• pic01.sized.jpg
    pic01.sized.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 283
  • pic02.sized.jpg
    pic02.sized.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 393
  • pic03.sized.jpg
    pic03.sized.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 343
  • pic06.sized.jpg
    pic06.sized.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 273
At the conference

Attachments

• IMG_0099.sized.jpg
    IMG_0099.sized.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_0187.sized.jpg
    IMG_0187.sized.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_0110.sized.jpg
    IMG_0110.sized.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_0087.sized.jpg
    IMG_0087.sized.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 178
  • DSC_6986.sized.jpg
    DSC_6986.sized.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 152
Sultan's Grandson Begins Attending Classes

Bandar Seri Begawan - The third grandchild of His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei(Princess Rashidah's son) was among the pupils who started school at the Taman Asuhan Kanak Kanak Yayasan Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Wednesday 5th January 2005

Pg Anak Abdul Raqiib bin Pg Maharaja Setia Laila Diraja Sahibul Irshad Pg Anak Hj Abdul Rahim is in nursery class `Pink'.

Last edited:
Here are two pictures:

alfie said:
Sultan's Grandson Begins Attending Classes

Bandar Seri Begawan - The third grandchild of His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei(Princess Rashidah's son) was among the pupils who started school at the Taman Asuhan Kanak Kanak Yayasan Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Wednesday 5th January 2005

Pg Anak Abdul Raqiib bin Pg Maharaja Setia Laila Diraja Sahibul Irshad Pg Anak Hj Abdul Rahim is in nursery class `Pink'.

Attachments

• sultan_grandson1.jpg
    sultan_grandson1.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 969
  • sultan_grandson2.jpg
    sultan_grandson2.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 746
Royalty of Brunei: Part 2

This is the new Royalty of Brunei Thread. Please post news and pictures of the Brunei Royalty. Have fun!

Here is a link to the old thread: Royalty of Brunei

Some pictures of the previous Sultan of Brunei (the current Sultan's Dad). I'm going to take a guess: The two young boys in the picture with the Sultan are P. Sufri and P. Jefri? PLease correct me if I am wrong. Does anyone have pictures of the current Sultan or P. Mohammed Bolkiah when they were much younger?

Attachments

• sul_sons.jpg
    sul_sons.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 361
  • sultan1.jpg
    sultan1.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 288
  • sultan2.jpg
    sultan2.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 305
Yay! finally a new thread...phew!
and thank you

HM Queen Saleha
January 4, 2005

Attachments

• ABDULLAH_01.sized.jpg
    ABDULLAH_01.sized.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 337
  • RAMLI_01.sized.jpg
    RAMLI_01.sized.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 280
  • RAMLI_02.sized.jpg
    RAMLI_02.sized.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 342
Brunei FA Cup Winners! 08/01/2005

DPMM FC (Crown Prince Billah's football club) Winners of Brunei FA Cup! with Crown Prince Billah, Crown Princess Sarah, Prince Malik and Prince Mateen 08/01/2005....

Attachments

• FA Cup winners 2005!.jpg
    FA Cup winners 2005!.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 821
Last edited:
Very informative and interesting site for those who are interested in history and genealogy of Brunei Royal Family:

http://www.4dw.net/royalark/Brunei/brunei.htm

Answers to some questions regarding styles&titles, rules of succession, order and decorations and glossary also can be found here - enjoy! :)

I really like the way Queen Saleha smiles. She seems like a queen who is totally dedicated to her job and is graceful.

The Sultan in Jordan for Prince Hamzah's wedding, May 27, 2004
King Abdullah held a lunch banquet for him.

Attachments

• HARUN_001 copy.jpg
    HARUN_001 copy.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 233
  • HARUN_002 copy.jpg
    HARUN_002 copy.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 328
  • HARUN_003 copy.jpg
    HARUN_003 copy.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 404
KA: (Thinking to himself) Gee, I wonder how much cash I can get out of this guy?

As I inform earlier on the 1st royalty of brunei thread that Princess Majeddah is getting married this year. The Brunei Royal family are now overseas getting into the wedding festivies again, we might hear an official engagement very soon now. Her future husband to be is also of Brunei royal family, very close indeed. But I am not prepared to say who just yet! Best wait for the official engagement announcement first :)

alfie said:
As I inform earlier on the 1st royalty of brunei thread that Princess Majeddah is getting married this year. The Brunei Royal family are now overseas getting into the wedding festivies again, we might hear an official engagement very soon now. Her future husband to be is also of Brunei royal family, very close indeed. But I am not prepared to say who just yet! Best wait for the official engagement announcement first :)

thanx for the info alfie!
I look forward to hearing more on the subject.
by the way, who exactly from the family is overseas? and where exactly are they?

~*~Humera~*~ said:
thanx for the info alfie!
I look forward to hearing more on the subject.
by the way, who exactly from the family is overseas? and where exactly are they?
My pleasure Humera!
The Sultan of Brunei and Queen Saleha and the royal family including their future son-in-law. First stop UK

alfie said:
My pleasure Humera!
The Sultan of Brunei and Queen Saleha and the royal family including their future son-in-law. First stop UK

oh okay. Why exactly are they going to the UK? shopping?

Yes! your are right Humera. They are going on a HUGE shopping spree for the next royal wedding!

Royal Wedding 2005

So it's nearly confirmed then, the rumours of Princess Majeedah's forthcoming marriage. People have been talking for a while already, but I didn't like to pass comment, until it's absolutely confirmed from the Palace. I'm sure you remember the rumours about our Crown Prince from a couple years ago and his supposed "fiancee", right Alfie ? ;)

Am I correct, in assuming that Princess Majeedah is to marry her 1st cousin then? I won't say who, in case it's not true...but if it is HIM...then I hope their future children are healthy and normal. Such close inbreeding, does not normally help the future bloodline. It is a shame she could not find someone outside the family. A beautiful girl like her, should not have to marry her cousin. I've also heard stories that he already had a long time girlfriend . Let's hope that it's all just gossip and it is a happy marriage for both of them.

Zina said:
So it's nearly confirmed then, the rumours of Princess Majeedah's forthcoming marriage. People have been talking for a while already, but I didn't like to pass comment, until it's absolutely confirmed from the Palace. I'm sure you remember the rumours about our Crown Prince from a couple years ago and his supposed "fiancee", right Alfie ? ;)

Zina : What sort of "rumors" abt the crown prince before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom