The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Other Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Brunei

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 08:23 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_s_s_a
i think you're talking about datin faezah... i heard she's malaysian. and yes, i find her really pretty.
So the king and his brother are married with malaysian women. Have the malaysian girls special?

It was too good to be true...
Old 06-13-2006, 08:42 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zina
A lot of girls don't envy Sarah. Her freedom is gone, and she's tied down to duty now, obliged to produce an heir, missing out on fun with her friends and a whole lot more. Her life must be boring, married to a prince who's much older whom she has nothing in common with. Leading separate lives behind guilded walls. She seems to spend most time with her mother, not her husband. Despite all her wealth, when can she ever take a holiday except on official overseas visits? I can imagine her life is pretty dull.
Hi, I'm new here..actually frm Brunei myself and very intrigued abt Princess Sarah ever since I heard abt the engagement. From my point of view, I think she's more into it for the privileges. I dont think I would wanna be in her shoes, unless it was based purely on true love (dating from the start). However, I believe that she still keeps in contact with her friends..I've seen her driving around, with her friends in the car and I think that was a trip to her parent's house.

Old 06-14-2006, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshanah
Hi Humera! you mentioned YTM Azrinaz Mazhar, would her title mean that she is the Sultan's Wife but not equal in Rank?
Well from what i know, her being given a title has been on hold since His Majesty married her and with her producing an heir, the appointed palace officials finally allocated an appropriate title for her. By traditional rules of title allocation, i think since she is not a distant royal family member (dayangku) nor is she a local, she can only be given the title Yang Teramat Mulia (YTM) or if i'm not mistaken the exact translation would be Her Most Excellency. However, the Sultan can overrule this and if he wanted to, he could give her the HRH title.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:40 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_princess
Hi, I'm new here..actually frm Brunei myself and very intrigued abt Princess Sarah ever since I heard abt the engagement. From my point of view, I think she's more into it for the privileges. I dont think I would wanna be in her shoes, unless it was based purely on true love (dating from the start). However, I believe that she still keeps in contact with her friends..I've seen her driving around, with her friends in the car and I think that was a trip to her parent's house.
It is better for her to keep some kind of normalcy in her own life. Drive around, keep her own group of friends and so on. It will keep her sane.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:48 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoiltbrat99
It is better for her to keep some kind of normalcy in her own life. Drive around, keep her own group of friends and so on. It will keep her sane.
Well with her position and status now i really hope Sarah can do something worthwhile , meaningful , making a difference to people of lesser means and the have nots. Something like the role the late princess diana played would be wonderful: bringing cheer to people and world around. :p
Old 06-15-2006, 07:37 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie
Well with her position and status now i really hope Sarah can do something worthwhile , meaningful , making a difference to people of lesser means and the have nots. Something like the role the late princess diana played would be wonderful: bringing cheer to people and world around. :p

The combination of both would be good when she bring up her future family. Diana was able to do it with both of her sons .
Old 06-28-2006, 10:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Masna Leaves For Japan

Bandar Seri Begawan - Ambassador-at-Large at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Her Royal Highness Princess Hajah Masna, yesterday left for Tokyo, Japan to attend the East Ministerial Meeting on Gender Equality.
The meeting, to be held on June 30 and July 1 with the theme "Towards Gender Equality in East Asia", will discuss ways to promote gender equality in East Asia and also to accelerate the implementation of the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action. Her Royal Highness is accompanied by YAM Pengiran Lela Cheteria Sahibun Najabah Pengiran Anak Haji Abdul Aziz. -

http://www.brudirect.com/DailyInfo/N...606/nite03.htm

Old 06-30-2006, 03:18 AM
Aristocracy

Princess Hjh Nor'ain's daughter, Pengiran Anak Hjh Siti Radhiah is getting married this weekend. Her husband is a distinct cousin from her father's side. Princess Hjh Nor'ain is one of the Sultan's sister. Her husband was the late YTM Pengiran Anak Hj Yusof (Queen Saleha's late brother) Congratulations! to the Royal Couple..
Old 07-02-2006, 10:05 PM

any wedding pics of the newly wed royal couple?
Old 07-03-2006, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malisamartin
any wedding pics of the newly wed royal couple?
found some nice pics here

http://infofoto.org.bn/main.php?g2_itemId=10744
Old 07-05-2006, 12:15 AM
Commoner

Alfie, do you know why the younger sisters of Sultan never show up or joint the royal function and who is the old lady sitting before princess Rashida's husband at Pangeran Anak Hjh Siti Radhiah wed and who is the lady sitting next of Princess Norain ? Would you please tell me, thank you.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:19 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samirah Abdullah
Alfie, do you know why the younger sisters of Sultan never show up or joint the royal function and who is the old lady sitting before princess Rashida's husband at Pangeran Anak Hjh Siti Radhiah wed and who is the lady sitting next of Princess Norain ? Would you please tell me, thank you.
The lady next to HRH Princess Norain is her sister, HRH Princess Amal Nasibah. And the old Lady next to Princess Rashidah's husband is HRH Babu Raja , Her Majesty Queen Saleha's Mother
Old 07-05-2006, 05:07 AM
Commoner

Thanks, Intandelima and why Princess Amal Nasibah, Princess Amal Jefriah and another Sultan's sister if I'm not mistaken is Princess Amal Rukiah, they never show up in royal function, only three sisters of Sultan present in the royal funtion (Princess Masna + Princess Nor'ain + Princess Amal Umi Kalsum).
Old 07-06-2006, 04:45 AM
Commoner

Dear members did you see Princess Radhiah wed photo and both of HM and Queen Saleha were there but the situation was different of the previous time when the HM only has Queen Saleha (specially in Prince Billa wed both of them always smile and talked together and in other function) in Princess Radhiah They just sitting and keep silent, no smile, no talked. For the Queen I always say " I love you and May Allah Bless You "
Old 07-06-2006, 04:59 PM
Courtier

What is the relationship between Arab People and the people of Brunei? Because Brunei people uses Arabic names like, Rachida, Saliha, Sabiha, Nor 3ain etc...

It was too good to be true...
Old 07-07-2006, 05:04 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Princess Hjh Amal Jefriah's husband represents her on her behalf. he is the one sitting 2nd from the other end, same row as the Crown Prince Billah at Pengiran Anak Hjh Siti Radhiah's wedding. Princess Hjh Amal Nasibah occasionally goes to the royal functions. Princess Hjh Amal Rakiah is a very busy businesswoman. I'm sorry I know more but I think this is the best details I can give you.
Old 07-09-2006, 06:21 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Their Majesties attend wedding
http://www.brunei-online.com/bb/mon/jul3h2.htm

Im posting the wedding pictures from Infofoto since the link will stop working in a while.

The groom looks quite young. Does anyone know how old he and the bride are?
Its a shame we didnt get more pictures from this wedding, no close-ups of the tiara or the rest of the bride's jewels:(
Old 07-09-2006, 11:56 PM
Commoner

Thanks Alfie for your information. If you don't mind what kind of business of Princess Amal Rakiah doing : gas, oil, property, diamond, gold or something else ?
Old 07-10-2006, 03:10 AM
Aristocracy

The groom looks quite young. Does anyone know how old he and the bride are?
Its a shame we didnt get more pictures from this wedding, no close-ups of the tiara or the rest of the bride's jewels:([/quote]

I am not sure how old the groom is but he is a Ltd pilot for the Royal Brunei Air Forces. The bride is 26 years old. Her birthday falls on the 27th of June 1980.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:12 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Thanks Alfie for your information. If you don't mind what kind of business of Princess Amal Rakiah doing : gas, oil, property, diamond, gold or something else ?
Your welcome Samirah. She is in the property business ; hotel etc...