Royal Family of Brunei Current Events 1: July 2005-August 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Indonesian President visits Brunei - Banquet, Part 4

last batch from Infofoto

Indonesia President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono (L) chats with Brunei Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah (2nd L) during their morning walk at the Empire hotel and resort in Bandar Seri Begawan 28 February 2006. At right is Indonesian Foreign Minister Hassan Wirayuda (R) seen chatting with his Brunei counterpart Prince Mohamad Bolkiah (2nd R) with Crown Prince Al Muhtadee Billah Bolkiah (C).

from profimedia

Attachments

• NWS-869626.jpg
    NWS-869626.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 277
swissluxi said:
Who is the Lady in the long white gown? Is it the sultans new second wife?

yes that's Azrinaz

Where is Sarah, the crown princess ?

I was wondering about that myself. She's always present at these events.
She didnt accompany her husband when he received the Indonesian president either.
Perhaps she's busy studying or is away.
Maybe someone from Brunei knows.

The pictures are just awesome! Thanks for the update.

King Abdullah of Jordan on two-day trip to Brunei

King Abdullah was welcomed by the Sultan, Crown Prince, and Prince Muhammad (Infofoto & Petra)

jello said:
Prince Jefri
Sultan loses court claim over his brother's billions

Not true, see below:-

BIA Denies British Media Reports On Prince Jefri Case By Ignatius Stephen

Bandar Seri Begawan - The Brunei Investment Agency (BIA) yesterday criticised what it described as inaccurate reports in the British Press concerning the ongoing dispute with HRH Prince Jefri Bolkiah.

A press release issued by BIA last night stated: "The Brunei Investment Agency (BIA) wishes to correct inaccuracies in several recent reports in the British press concerning its ongoing dispute with HRH Prince Jefri.

"The articles were wrong to suggest that His Majesty the Sultan had had any involvement in the recent proceedings before the UK courts, or that HRH Prince Jefri had won a significant victory in those proceedings.

It was also wrong to suggest that the matter had been settled or that the BIA had dropped its claim.

"As was reported at the time, in October 2004 the BIA had been obliged to begin further legal proceedings against HRH Prince Jefri to enforce the settlement agreement which HRH Prince Jefri signed in May 2000 because HRH Prince Jefri had consistently refused to comply with that agreement.

In particular, HRH Prince Jefri has refused to transfer many of the assets which he had agreed to return to the BIA. "The BIA is continuing to pursue this claim vigorously. HRH Prince Jefri remains subject to freezing orders of the Brunei and English courts freezing his assets and ordering him to give disclosure of them.
"In March last year the BIA obtained a new order from the English court requiring HRH Prince Jefri to disclose, amongst others things, details of all his bank accounts.

HRH Prince Jefri did not do so and therefore, the BIA had little option but to bring contempt proceedings against HRH Prince Jefri. "The purpose of the contempt proceedings was to force HRH Prince Jefri to comply with the
UK court order. After the contempt proceedings were served on HRH Prince Jefri he then produced a great deal of further information about his bank accounts and as to the financial support he was receiving from others to fund his lifestyle.

"The BIA-also obtained disclosure orders against HRH Prince Jefri's former solicitors, Lovells, requiring them to disclose documents which may show that there are still further bank accounts that HRH Prince Jefri has not so far disclosed.

"As a result of the further information which HRH Prince Jefri was forced to provide and the additional disclosure orders obtained by the BIA, the BIA decided that it did not need to continue with the present contempt proceedings.

"In withdrawing the proceedings, the BIA had certainly not ruled out the possibility of bringing fresh contempt proceedings if new evidence becomes available that HRH Prince Jefri has still failed to disclose all his assets. This was not "an embarrassing setback", as had been wrongly reported.

"The contempt proceedings had been successful in their purpose of compelling HRH Prince Jefri to give disclosure as he had been ordered to do by the court.

The BIA did not take the decision to commence the proceedings for contempt lightly and subsequent events had shown that the BIA was fully justified in taking this step. As a result, HRH Prince Jefri has not been awarded all his costs in resisting the proceedings, as some reports had wrongly claimed.

"In the meantime, a decision is awaited from the Brunei High Court on the BIA's October 2004 proceedings seeking orders requiring HRH Prince Jefri to handover all his remaining assets under the terms of the out-of-court settlement reached with the BIA and the Government of His Majesty the Sultan in May 2000.

"Having previously reached a settlement after extensive negotiations, the BIA considers that there was nothing further to talk about. All that was necessary was for HRH Prince Jefri finally to honour the promises he had made under the settlement."

I wonder how the queen handle in private to have around the sultan second wife..i think it is dificult for her...probably :eek:

florecita said:
I wonder how the queen handle in private to have around the sultan second wife..i think it is dificult for her...probably :eek:

Women are by nature jealous and reluctant to share their husband with other women, but It's stated in the Koran that wives need to be treated fairly and equally - a difficult requirement even for a rich man.:rolleyes: Personally I would just want my husband to myself! Hands off ladies!!!:p

Here's what I've read online;

The first wife’s consent is not a prerequisite for a man to take another wife.
It is not obligatory for the husband, if he wants to take a second wife, to have the consent of his first wife, but it is good manners and kindness to deal with her in such a manner that will minimize the hurt feelings such thing might produce. So it’s incumbent on the husband to be kind to his wife, discuss the matter with her in a gentle and pleasant manner, and this should be coupled with spending whatever money may be necessary in order to gain her acceptance of the situation.
:eek:

So if our DH starts being lavish and out of his norm, better watch out gals, something is amiss!!

:) :) :) Totally agree with u Qamarina . . . another thing when your DH begins to look smart and primp himself often . . . watch out . . . he might be on to something . . . fishy . . . ! ! ! ;) ;) ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Humera! you mentioned YTM Azrinaz Mazhar, would her title mean that she is the Sultan's Wife but not equal in Rank?

Does anyone have the Brunei-Malaysia Concert pictures? I would love to see them!

are these the pictures you're referring to mimimalil?
Infofoto only has these three:

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Royalty at Titian Budaya Gala Night [/FONT]
His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam attended the first ever Titian Budaya (Cultural Bridge) Gala Night put together by the Ministry of Culture, Youth and Sports and Malaysia's Ministry of Culture, Arts and Heritage.

Also present at the event were Her Majesty Raja Isteri Pg Anak Hjh Saleha and YTM Azrinaz Mazhar as well as other members of the Royal Family. Also in attendance were His Royal Highness Prince Hj Al-Muhtadee Billah the Crown Prince, HRH Paduka Seri Pg Anak Isteri Pg Anak Sarah, HRH Prince Abdul Malik, and HRH Prince Abd Mateen, HRH Princess Hjh Masna and YTM Pg Lela Cheteria Sahibun Najabah Pg Anak Hj Abd Aziz.
http://www.brunei-online.com/weekend/news/mar25h27.htm

Attachments

• 25pic34.jpg
    25pic34.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 3,781
  • 25pic35.jpg
    25pic35.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 1,603
  • 25pic37.jpg
    25pic37.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 776
  • 25pic2.jpg
    25pic2.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 645
  • 25pic36.jpg
    25pic36.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 504
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]I guess the rumours of Azrinaz's pregnancy were true. She definately looks pregnant in these pics.

[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Royalty treated to fashion show [/FONT]

Her Majesty Raja Isteri Pengiran Anak Hajah Saleha was treated to a private fashion show yesterday afternoon at the Songket Hall, Rizqun International Hotel, at The Mall.

"Ekspresi Eksklusif Tekstil Malaysia" or 'Exclusive Malaysian Textile Expression' was hosted by Datin Seri Utama Masnah Rais, the spouse of Malaysia's Minister of Culture, Arts and Heritage Accompanying Her Majesty to the Titian Budaya programme's side event was YTM Azrinaz Mazhar, Her Royal Highness Paduka Seri Pg Anak Isteri Pg Anak Sarah and HRH Princess Hjh Masna.
http://www.brunei-online.com/bb/mon/mar27h28.htm

Pictures from Infofoto.

Last edited:
pictures from Infofoto, last one from Borneo Bulletin

~*~Humera~*~ said:
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]I guess the rumours of Azrinaz's pregnancy were true. She definately looks pregnant in these pics.
[/FONT]Yes i certainly agree. The dress Azrinaz's in look rather maternity and also hre shoes are flat (no heels)

i notice that the 2nd wife doesn't put many jewellery like other brunei royal ladies

Prince Azim of Brunei and his sister with guests attend the Dream Auction Full Stop party designed to launch NSPCC's There4Me online service, an interactive but confidential website providing advice, information and support for young people on issues such as bullying and abuse, at the Royal Albert Hall on May 9, 2006 in London, England

from getty

Attachments

• 57574721.jpg
    57574721.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 1,407
  • 57574719.jpg
    57574719.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 1,239
He seem to love being in the centre of attention. He has a weird sense of fashion.

neither of Azim's sisters are with him in those pics. The girl in black in white must be a friend or one of his adopted sisters.

I think Sultan must be thought about his daughters, his daughters should be get married if we look at their ages ! He doesn't ashame on his daughters and grand children and Azrinas married him because of money, could you imagine he is suitable for her grandpa or father ! As usual "MONEY TALK" !!!!

Whatever people say, I just feel sorry to Queen Saleha, we could see when she is only wife of the Sultan in some event they always smile and talk each other ! The Queen is tough person, God Bless you Mam.

I really admire Queen Saleha. She always put her best smile but only God knows what she feels inside.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
neither of Azim's sisters are with him in those pics. The girl in black in white must be a friend or one of his adopted sisters.

Yeah the girl in black is one of P azim's adopted sisters, Afifa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom