The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Other Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Brunei

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 06:29 PM
Nobility

Thumbs up

TRH Crown Prince Billah and Crown Princess Sarah of Brunei Darussalam look great there.:)

Old 08-09-2005, 06:34 PM
Nobility

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=177047The Singer during Sultan Hassan's 59th Birthday Celebration looks lovely!:) Is there any footage of it? I'd have especially have loved to have watched it live, especially to see the BRF enjoying themselves.:)

Old 08-09-2005, 07:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

http://www.brunet.bn/news/bb/mon/aug8h3.htm

Prince Mohamed hails Asean unity

His Royal Highness Prince Mohamed Bolkiah, Brunei's Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade, hailed Asean's (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) underlying principles of dialogue and consensus that have stood the test of time and have brought Asean closer together.
Old 08-09-2005, 07:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

http://www.brunet.bn/news/bb/mon/aug8h2.htm

His Majesty shows the way to healthy lifestyle

By M K Anwar
Photos by Rudolf Portillo & Hj Md Said Arshad

His Majesty and other members of the royal family warming up before the 5km hike.

His Majesty and HRH the Crown Prince during the fishing session.

His Majesty the Sultan.

His Majesty after a good workout.

His Majesty and other members of the royal family during the fishing session.

His Majesty and other members of the royal family stretching it out.

LEFT & RIGHT: His Majesty and other members of the royal family trek through the Shahbandar Recreational Park.

His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam yesterday consented to take part in a hiking activity called the "Shahbandar Run" at the Bukit Shahbandar Recreational Park in Jerudong. It was organised by the Ministry of Defence. His Majesty, who is also the Minister of Defence and Supreme Commander of the Royal Brunei Armed Forces, was accompanied by His Royal Highness Prince General Haji Al-Muhtadee Billah, the Crown Prince and Senior Minister at the Prime Minister's Office.
Old 08-09-2005, 07:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

http://www.brunei.gov.bn/hotnews/0805/08/HM_Lantern.htm

Their Majesties watch climax of royal birthday celebration

His Majesty Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Mu’izzaddin Waddaulah, the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam and Her Majesty the Raja Isteri Pengiran Anak Hajah Saleha have consented to watch the final of the Borneo Tug of War, decorated vehicle procession, a cultural performance and firework display at the Taman Haji Sir Muda Omar Ali Saifuddien inconjunction with His Majesty’s 59th birthday anniversary.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:53 AM
Courtier

Just a quick question; I'm not very familiar with the Royal family's structure and hierarchy. I know the sultan married the queen, but I don't know how the dynamics of the subsequent wives enter the picture. Does anyone know of a site with a family tree of the sultan and his wives? Thanks in advance!
Old 08-10-2005, 09:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

http://www.brunei-online.com/bb/wed/aug10h8.htm

Crown Prince visits Secretariat Building

By Azrol Azmi

His Royal Highness with Pehin Dato Awang Haji Yahya, Minister of Energy, Dato Paduka Haji Eusoff Agaki, Deputy Minister at the Prime Minister Office, and permanent secretaries. Photos: Azrol Azmi & Infofoto

His Royal Highness being welcomed to the Asean-EC Management Centre.

His Royal Highness viewing a photo gallery.

A group photo at the Asean-EC Management Centre.

His Royal Highness posing for a group photo with officials and staff at the Secretariat Building.

His Royal Highness Prince Haji Al-Muhtadee Billah, the Crown Prince and Senior Minister at the Prime Minister's Office, yesterday paid a working visit to the Prime Minister's Office and attended a meeting with permanent secretaries from government ministries.
Old 08-10-2005, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlightrhapsody
Just a quick question; I'm not very familiar with the Royal family's structure and hierarchy. I know the sultan married the queen, but I don't know how the dynamics of the subsequent wives enter the picture. Does anyone know of a site with a family tree of the sultan and his wives? Thanks in advance!
The Sultan has one wife, Queen Saleha.
He divorced his second wife, Princess Mariam, in 2003. She was stripped of her royal titles. But even while he was married to Mariam, she was a Princess and the Sultan's first wife, Saleha, was always the one known as Queen. So the first wife took precedence over the second.

Here's a link to site with details on the royal family:
http://www.4dw.net/royalark/Brunei/brunei.htm
Page 10 is devoted to Sultan Hassan-al Bolkiah
Old 08-10-2005, 04:28 PM
Super Moderator

btw..thanx to rchainho for all the articles.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:22 PM
Nobility

I love the Military photo's of Sultan Hassan, he looks as if he's putting them all to shame. Te he no offence.:)
Old 08-12-2005, 09:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

http://www.brunet.bn/news/bb/fri/aug12h22.htm

Last day to view display of strong royal bonds

By Rosli Abidin Yahya

The public has until today to visit an exhibition, "Paduka Anakanda Julangan Kasih Ayahanda", held at the International Convention Centre (ICC), Berakas, which focuses on the overwhelming love between His Majesty and the late Sultan. There are altogether 10 galleries at the exhibition, with the first depicting the life of Al-Marhum Sultan Haji Omar 'Ali Saifuddien Sa'adul Khairi Waddien since childhood, through adolescence, until the late Sultan ascended to the throne on June 6, 1950. At the final gallery, photos taken during the funeral of the late Sultan can be seen as well as His Majesty's Titah on October 20, 1986, regarding his father, which reflects the emotional nature of the exhibition.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

http://www.brunei.gov.bn/hotnews/080...nce_Visits.htm

Crown Prince continues series of working visits to departments under PM's Office

His Royal Highness Prince Haji Al-Muthadee Billah, the Crown Prince and Senior Minister at the Prime Minister’s Office, has continued his working visit. Tuesday, the focuses were several more departments under the Prime Minister’s Office namely the Departments of Management Services, Audit, Petroleum Unit and the Economic Planning and Development. The morning part of His Royal Highness’ visit covered the Management Services Department, Audit Department and the Petroleum Unit in Berakas.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...163656/1/.html

Brunei's Prince Mohamed Bolkiah to visit Singapore
Old 08-18-2005, 11:25 AM

princess rashidah's children

princess rashidah's children: (1) front in the centre, (2) extreme left with the doll and (3) the boy, extreme right in red sleeves. sorry i do not know any of their names.
pic from www.friendster.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	14374911732789l.jpg
Views:	454
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	181783  
Old 08-18-2005, 11:40 AM

princess masna's son

now that i have no difficulties in posting i hope humera wont mind if i post these. their pics of Pg Wadood's wife and him. they're just photos that i havent seen posted here. the wedding pics are from www.brudirect.com and the rest are from www.friendster.com.to view their article in the papers go to http://brudirect.com/DailyInfo/News/...r04/190404.htm
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	nite011.jpg
Views:	460
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	181784   Click image for larger version

Name:	nite09.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	181785   Click image for larger version

Name:	nite10.jpg
Views:	367
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	181786   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	181787  

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	181788   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	470
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	181789  
Old 08-18-2005, 05:37 PM
Nobility

Wow these photo's are beautiful! I love the one's of the Wedding. Thanks for posting them Jennyfer!:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyfer
now that i have no difficulties in posting i hope humera wont mind if i post these. their pics of Pg Wadood's wife and him. they're just photos that i havent seen posted here. the wedding pics are from www.brudirect.com and the rest are from www.friendster.com.to view their article in the papers go to http://brudirect.com/DailyInfo/News/...r04/190404.htm
Old 08-18-2005, 06:22 PM
Nobility

Hi,Iam sort of new to the Brunie Royal family.The only person I know of is Princess Sara,so can anyone tell me who is the lady above in those pictures?Thanks!
Old 08-18-2005, 07:09 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by polop
Hi,Iam sort of new to the Brunie Royal family.The only person I know of is Princess Sara,so can anyone tell me who is the lady above in those pictures?Thanks!
Her name's Amina (I think I got the spelling right)
She's the wife of Wudood, the nephew of the Sultan of Brunei (ie. the son of the sultan's sister Princess Masna)
Old 08-18-2005, 07:11 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyfer
thanx for thos pics jennyfer..
btw..Wudood has the title of Prince right? I dont remember if he does. His wife's not a princess I know that.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:22 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
Her name's Amina (I think I got the spelling right)
She's the wife of Wudood, the nephew of the Sultan of Brunei (ie. the son of the sultan's sister Princess Masna)
Thanks,Humera. :)

Closed Thread