The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-11-2006, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator

Her Majesty grants audiences at Istana Nurul Iman
Her Majesty Raja Isteri Pg Anak Hjh Saleha yesterday granted an audience to Mrs Ivy Lim Swee Lian - the spouse of the Second Minister of Defence and Minister of Manpower of the Republic of Singapore - at the Istana Nurul Iman. The day also saw Her Majesty granting audiences to both Mrs Koesmoekandarimah Herijanto Soeprapto, the spouse of Indonesian Ambassador to Brunei Darussalam, and Mrs Fauzia Jawed, the wife of Pakistani High Commissioner to Brunei Darussalam.
http://www.brunei-online.com/bb/wed/feb8h11.htm

Pictures from Infofoto:

Old 02-20-2006, 12:25 AM
Super Moderator

Her Majesty Raja Isteri Pengiran Anak Hajah Saleha consented to receive in audience the wife of the Chief of Air Staff, Pakistan Air Force, Mrs Rukhsana Kaleem. Also present was Datin Hajah Kalshom binti Haji Suhaili, wife of the RBAF Commander, Pehin Datu Lailaraja Major General Dato Paduka Seri Haji Awang Halbi. Brunei Online

pictures from infofoto

Old 05-04-2006, 12:27 AM
Commoner

i admire queen saleha. For her age,she still has a nice body..
Old 05-04-2006, 12:40 AM
Commoner

always a brave smile on your face.. you're a darling Mother. Wish you all the happiness..
Old 05-18-2006, 04:48 PM
Commoner

The most beautiful smile of Queen Saleha is captured on (from left) the 3rd picture with the wife of the chief of air staff, Pakistan Air Force posted by Humera.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:27 AM
Commoner

I think from all the picture taken lately, she has tone down her makeup. She looks more prettier than ever before. I really admire this lady. With what she has gone through, she will always show a happy face to her subject. :)
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...RajaIsteri.jpg
photo source : www.infofoto.org.bn
Old 05-24-2006, 10:46 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoiltbrat99
I think from all the picture taken lately, she has tone down her makeup. She looks more prettier than ever before. I really admire this lady. With what she has gone through, she will always show a happy face to her subject. :)
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...RajaIsteri.jpg
photo source : www.infofoto.org.bn
Couldn't agree more!!! She's one tough lady. God bless her...
Old 06-07-2006, 02:51 AM
Commoner

Queen Seleha's Father actually is the origin the King of Brunei. Unforturnaly the king don't have any son to continues his throne. When he passed away the brother by law to continues the King of Brunei who is the father of the Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah. Queen Seleha was arranged marry to the first Son of the Sultan and Seleha's sister who arranged marry to Sultan's brother , Prince Qawi's father (i forgot his name).That why their blood very close to each other....so those royal kids born to be not really active at all. But they are very kind to their people. What should i said, actually the country of Brunei is belong to Queen Saleha's family. I ever meat and shake her hand during their Hari Raya in Istana, she totally nice and will talk to you and ask you,where u from with her kindness and warm smile.
Old 06-07-2006, 03:15 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello
Queen Seleha's Father actually is the origin the King of Brunei. Unforturnaly the king don't have any son to continues his throne. When he passed away the brother by law to continues the King of Brunei who is the father of the Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah. Queen Seleha was arranged marry to the first Son of the Sultan and Seleha's sister who arranged marry to Sultan's brother , Prince Qawi's father (i forgot his name).That why their blood very close to each other....so those royal kids born to be not really active at all. But they are very kind to their people. What should i said, actually the country of Brunei is belong to Queen Saleha's family. I ever meat and shake her hand during their Hari Raya in Istana, she totally nice and will talk to you and ask you,where u from with her kindness and warm smile.
wow. I did not know this. So the Queen was actually supposed to be NO. 1 of the country has she been a male...The Queen seems to be one tough, great woman. I guess you have to be if you are in that position. :)
Old 06-07-2006, 03:33 AM
Commoner

I was borned in Brunei Darussalam. I study Brunei history in my school, and very well about the Brunei's Culture:)
Old 06-07-2006, 04:39 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Thank you "jello" for the information. :) I didn't know it.

It was too good to be true...
Old 06-07-2006, 09:33 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Jello, sorry, but your info is completely untrue! Saleha's father was never the Brunei Sultan. And Saleha did have a brother. Where do you get your information from??
Old 06-07-2006, 05:13 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zina
Jello, sorry, but your info is completely untrue! Saleha's father was never the Brunei Sultan. And Saleha did have a brother. Where do you get your information from??
Yes I agree with Zina. I guess Jello was referring to Sultan Jamalul Alam (27th sultan) who didn't have any son (and he was NOT Queen Saleha's father). When he died, his brother became the Sultan, i.e. Sultan Omarali Saifuddien (28th Sultan) who is the current Sultan's late father.

The Sultan and the Queen are related though. They are first cousins. The Sultan's mother and the Queen's father were siblings.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:51 AM
Commoner

http://www.4dw.net/royalark/Brunei/brunei8.htm

On link posted above is said that Queen Saleha has three brothers and five younger sisters, so Jello it seams that you were quite wrong.

Anyway, Queen Saleha's younger sister Zaria is married to Sultan's Hassanal younger brother Muhammad, right?

Daniela
Old 09-17-2006, 06:46 PM

Saleha and Zariah are sisters. Saleha married the Sultan and Zariah married Mohammad, the Sultan's oldest brother. Both are daughters of a former Pengiran Pemancha.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:19 AM
Commoner

B'day bash for Q Saleha

I was just wondering, if anybody knows, whether Saleha will also have a big celebration for her 60th b'day seeing that the sultan had a festival for himself, on the 7th of October 2006?
Old 09-20-2006, 04:00 AM
Aristocracy

I agree...!!! She's a lovely mother for her kids and wonderful grand-mother for her grand-son and grand-daughter. I totally admire her. She showed us her power and strengthness through such a difficult time of her life. I wish her a very nice and happy life from now on.
Old 09-20-2006, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator

Only the Sultan has the huge month-long birthday festivities. Queen Saleha usually attends various receptions where she's invited to cut birthday cakes. The same thing usually happens for the Crown Prince's birthday.
However I dont know if there's something special planned for the Queen's 60th birthday.
Old 10-07-2006, 08:46 AM
Commoner

special birthday wish for Queen Saleha

My dear Queen Saleha, Iwish you a very happy 60th birthday and wish that all your sweet dreams are fulfilled especially during this most wonderful holy month of Ramadan and I dont wish you 60 more birthdays, but 6 million more birthdays INSHA-ALLAH AMEEN. I also make dua that you have a most wonderful day and that your family made everything possible for you to enjoy your birthday. You are a true Angel. From NOOJ.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:00 PM
Commoner

May God bless you, Your Majesty!

Happy Birthday!!! Wishing you good health and happiness always.

I declare You one of the most admirable women of the 21st century. You represent women's STRENGTH, PATIENCE and FAITHFULNESS.

Daulat Kebawah Duli Tuan Patek!