Queen Saleha Current Events 1: July 2005-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jello said:
Queen Seleha's Father actually is the origin the King of Brunei. Unforturnaly the king don't have any son to continues his throne. When he passed away the brother by law to continues the King of Brunei who is the father of the Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah. Queen Seleha was arranged marry to the first Son of the Sultan and Seleha's sister who arranged marry to Sultan's brother , Prince Qawi's father (i forgot his name).That why their blood very close to each other....so those royal kids born to be not really active at all. But they are very kind to their people. What should i said, actually the country of Brunei is belong to Queen Saleha's family. I ever meat and shake her hand during their Hari Raya in Istana, she totally nice and will talk to you and ask you,where u from with her kindness and warm smile.

Thank you "jello" for the information. :) I didn't know it.

jello said:
Queen Seleha's Father actually is the origin the King of Brunei. Unforturnaly the king don't have any son to continues his throne. When he passed away the brother by law to continues the King of Brunei who is the father of the Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah. Queen Seleha was arranged marry to the first Son of the Sultan and Seleha's sister who arranged marry to Sultan's brother , Prince Qawi's father (i forgot his name).That why their blood very close to each other....so those royal kids born to be not really active at all. But they are very kind to their people. What should i said, actually the country of Brunei is belong to Queen Saleha's family. I ever meat and shake her hand during their Hari Raya in Istana, she totally nice and will talk to you and ask you,where u from with her kindness and warm smile.

Jello, sorry, but your info is completely untrue! Saleha's father was never the Brunei Sultan. And Saleha did have a brother. Where do you get your information from??

Zina said:
Jello, sorry, but your info is completely untrue! Saleha's father was never the Brunei Sultan. And Saleha did have a brother. Where do you get your information from??

Yes I agree with Zina. I guess Jello was referring to Sultan Jamalul Alam (27th sultan) who didn't have any son (and he was NOT Queen Saleha's father). When he died, his brother became the Sultan, i.e. Sultan Omarali Saifuddien (28th Sultan) who is the current Sultan's late father.

The Sultan and the Queen are related though. They are first cousins. The Sultan's mother and the Queen's father were siblings.

http://www.4dw.net/royalark/Brunei/brunei8.htm

On link posted above is said that Queen Saleha has three brothers and five younger sisters, so Jello it seams that you were quite wrong.

Anyway, Queen Saleha's younger sister Zaria is married to Sultan's Hassanal younger brother Muhammad, right?

Daniela

Saleha and Zariah are sisters. Saleha married the Sultan and Zariah married Mohammad, the Sultan's oldest brother. Both are daughters of a former Pengiran Pemancha.

B'day bash for Q Saleha

:flowers: I was just wondering, if anybody knows, whether Saleha will also have a big celebration for her 60th b'day seeing that the sultan had a festival for himself, on the 7th of October 2006?
:whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree...!!! She's a lovely mother for her kids and wonderful grand-mother for her grand-son and grand-daughter. I totally admire her. She showed us her power and strengthness through such a difficult time of her life. I wish her a very nice and happy life from now on.

Only the Sultan has the huge month-long birthday festivities. Queen Saleha usually attends various receptions where she's invited to cut birthday cakes. The same thing usually happens for the Crown Prince's birthday.
However I dont know if there's something special planned for the Queen's 60th birthday.

special birthday wish for Queen Saleha

:) My dear Queen Saleha, Iwish you a very happy 60th birthday and wish that all your sweet dreams are fulfilled especially during this most wonderful holy month of Ramadan and I dont wish you 60 more birthdays, but 6 million more birthdays INSHA-ALLAH AMEEN. I also make dua that you have a most wonderful day and that your family made everything possible for you to enjoy your birthday.:flowers: You are a true Angel.:lucky: :angel: :flowers: From NOOJ.

May God bless you, Your Majesty!

Happy Birthday!!! Wishing you good health and happiness always.

I declare You one of the most admirable women of the 21st century. You represent women's STRENGTH, PATIENCE and FAITHFULNESS.

Daulat Kebawah Duli Tuan Patek!

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Her Majesty lauds Girl Guides' progress [/FONT]

Her Majesty Raja Isteri Pg Anak Hjh Saleha, the Royal Patron of Girl Guides Association of Brunei Darussalam in a titah yesterday said that the Girl Guides Association can be considered the best example for other associations and bodies in shaping honourable and responsible persons and at the same time lauded the significant progress that the Association had made since its establishment 55 year ago.

In Her Majesty's titah in the Guides Day 2006 celebration at the Royal Berkshire Hall, Jerudong Park and Country Club yesterday afternoon, Her Majesty said, "I feel proud to have witnessed the progress of the Girl Guides Association which has also successfully adapted itself in accordance to the needs of time.
. . .
Accompanying Her Majesty at the Guides Day 2006 celebration were Her Royal Highness Pengiran Anak Isteri Pg Anak Hjh Zariah, HRH Princess Hjh Rashidah, HRH Princess Hjh Majeedah, HRH Princess Hjh Amal Umi-Kalthum Al-Islam, YAM Pengiran Bini Hjh Faizah and HRH Princess Hjh Noor Ehsani. Borneo Bulletin

Infofoto Image Gallery
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Her Majesty's Birthday Celebration at ICC [/FONT]

Her Majesty Raja Isteri Pengiran Anak Hjh Saleha last night consented to grace Her Majesty's birthday celebr-ation at the Plenary Hall of International Convention Centre in Berakas.

Also gracing the royal birthday event were HRH Pengiran Isteri Azrinaz Mazhar, YAM Pg Bini Hjh Faizah, HRH Princess Hjh Rashidah, HRH Princess Hjh Majeedah and other members of the royal family. Borneo Bulletin

Infofoto Image Gallery

I know this is not the right thread, but I think Pg Bini Faezah has never failed to impress me with her elegance. She knows how to dress!

mimimalil said:
Yes I agree with Zina. I guess Jello was referring to Sultan Jamalul Alam (27th sultan) who didn't have any son (and he was NOT Queen Saleha's father). When he died, his brother became the Sultan, i.e. Sultan Omarali Saifuddien (28th Sultan) who is the current Sultan's late father.

The Sultan and the Queen are related though. They are first cousins. The Sultan's mother and the Queen's father were siblings.

I think his name was Sultan Ahmad Tajuddin. He was married to a Malaysian princess from Selangor. And they only have a daughter. You can see her at most of the function in Brunei and her name is Princess Nor Ehsani. She is married to a Malaysian royalty and they have 3 sons.

main.php

Photo credit to : www.infofoto.org.bn

She is the one wearing the white scarf during the first day of Eid.

Last edited:
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Tap the gains of globalisation [/FONT]

Harnessing the opportunities that come with globalisation is quite important, observed Her Majesty Raja Isteri Pg Anak Hjh Saleha in a titah yesterday.
Addressing the 12th Asean Confederation of Women's Organisations (ACWO) General Assembly 2006, Her Majesty said: "We often look at globalisation solely in terms of its challenges to our economies, our societies, our individual cultural identities and ways of life. Addressing these challenges is, of course, vital to ensure that we can manage their impact on our societies. However, I believe that we should also pay equal attention to harnessing the opportunities that come hand-in-hand with these challenges."
. . .
Also present at the opening ceremony were HRH Pg Isteri Azrinaz Mazhar, HRH Paduka Seri Pg Anak Isteri Pg Anak Sarah, HRH Princess Hjh Masna, HRH Princess Hjh Amal Umi Kalthum Al-Islam and HRH Princess Hjh Noor Ehsani. Borneo Bulletin

Pictures from Infofoto:
Image Gallery 1 - Click Here
Image Gallery 2 - Click Here

The entire album can be viewed here, though the link wont work for too long.

Back
Top Bottom