The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Other Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Brunei

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-04-2005, 05:04 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

No there has always been one Queen of Brunei (Queen Saleha). The Sultan's ex-second wife was called Princess, a title that was taken away after the divorce. This new second wife has been given no titles yet.

Old 09-05-2005, 01:18 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
No there has always been one Queen of Brunei (Queen Saleha). The Sultan's ex-second wife was called Princess, a title that was taken away after the divorce. This new second wife has been given no titles yet.
Thanks for the info.

I wonder why queen saleha keept her title after her divorce,maybe because she's the mother of the crown prince?while the 2nd wife lost her princess title after her divorce.

Old 09-05-2005, 01:49 PM
Courtier

Queen Saleha is still married to the Sultan.
Old 09-05-2005, 02:12 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by La la
Queen Saleha is still married to the Sultan.

oops,I'm confused,I recall that the sultan had divorced from his wife 2years ago,thought it was Q. saleha
Old 09-07-2005, 09:45 PM
Courtier

She has my sympathy. But I guess if that is what you are accustomed to, you deal with it.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:25 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleq
She has my sympathy. But I guess if that is what you are accustomed to, you deal with it.
Nobody is accustomed to their husbands marrying again especially a younger woman. Queen Saleha now is still very upset and because of it she is ill now. I'm praying she will recover soon.
Old 09-08-2005, 02:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfie
Nobody is accustomed to their husbands marrying again especially a younger woman. Queen Saleha now is still very upset and because of it she is ill now. I'm praying she will recover soon.
Rather insensitive of her husband to marry a second time while she, the first and foremost wife, was sick. I guess some men just don't have any sensitivity at all and think that because they have money that whatever they do is their due. What's that quote? "Just because you have the right to do it, doesn't mean it's right to do it."

I hope she recovers soon, both physically and emotionally.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:00 PM
Super Moderator

I didnt know the Queen had become ill because of the recent marriage. I guess thats one of the reasons she hasnt been seen publicly. I hope its nothing serious.
Old 09-10-2005, 06:52 AM
Commoner

I really hope she is ok. I have met her once long long time ago in brunei with my late mother and also in Selangor, Malaysia later. She remember meeting me earlier. She is a very nice lady. I really hope it is ok. As a woman, a wife and a mother myself, I would not want to share my man. It will tear me to pieces. In her case, she has to endure it in the public eyes in such a manner.
Old 09-11-2005, 01:40 PM
Aristocracy

[QUOTE=alfie]Yes! it is..Queen Saleha is being supported by all her love ones at this time in need. The Crown Prince and his siblings are very supportive and caring of their mother, he was very upset. Good thing is now he have a loving and supportive wife by his side to help him through all this. QUOTE]

I hope the Crown Prince remembers how his mother felt and remember not to do it to his wife. I hope that Queen Saleha recovers soon.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:57 AM
Aristocracy

[QUOTE=Lisele]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfie
Yes! it is..Queen Saleha is being supported by all her love ones at this time in need. The Crown Prince and his siblings are very supportive and caring of their mother, he was very upset. Good thing is now he have a loving and supportive wife by his side to help him through all this. QUOTE]

I hope the Crown Prince remembers how his mother felt and remember not to do it to his wife. I hope that Queen Saleha recovers soon.
As the old saying goes.... "Like Father, Like Son"...
Old 09-16-2005, 12:39 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zina
In Queen Saleha's position, rather than play the poorly victim, why not follow HM and his new wife where ever they go and make life uncomfortable for the two of them? That's better than lying down and taking it. She's the Queen - she has the Power! I believe the Sultan is in New York now for a meeting/honeymoon with Azrinaz :)
It's not that easy for her, as she is going through an emotional depression plus I don't think he would want to take her even though she begs, he always gets HIS way. She is now in London while the Sultan is in New York with the 2nd wife.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:48 AM
Commoner

It has been quite sometimes already, sinnce they Sultan got married. She shut her self from public ever since, I'm kind of miss her actually. Any one from Brunei knows what is she up to now? Some one who knows her read this, pls extend my regards, sincerely, and dearly
Old 09-19-2005, 11:20 PM
Super Moderator

I agree about the makeup Queen Saleha wears. It could use a modern touch.
Old 09-29-2005, 07:00 PM
Super Moderator

Is the Queen back from London?
Im assuming she'll be back for Ramadan.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:23 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Is the Queen back from London?
Im assuming she'll be back for Ramadan.
Yes! she is for quite some time now. She is staying with her mother now. The Queen move out of Istana Nurul Iman because the 2nd wife is also staying there.
On another royal family, Princess Rashidah is pregnant with her fourth child & is due sometime in january but they is more sad news for the royal family, apparently her husband has been very mischeivous with other ladies & always coming home late but the last straw is when he was caught with a lady at Empire Hotel very recently. The princess has asked for a divorce but it can only happen after she gives birth next year. For now he is being watched like a hawk 24 hours a day.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:33 AM
Super Moderator

do you think the Queen will come back to the palace soon? From what I've seen last year she leads the royal women in quite a few religious events during Ramadan and ofcourse all the family greet people on the day of Eid-ul-Fitr at the royal palace.
Thats very sad about Princess Rashidah's hubby. How can he behave this way when his wife is pregnant with their fourth baby. Is the talk of a divorce serious?
Old 09-30-2005, 01:17 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
do you think the Queen will come back to the palace soon? From what I've seen last year she leads the royal women in quite a few religious events during Ramadan and ofcourse all the family greet people on the day of Eid-ul-Fitr at the royal palace.
Thats very sad about Princess Rashidah's hubby. How can he behave this way when his wife is pregnant with their fourth baby. Is the talk of a divorce serious?
I hope so. Everybody is anxious to see her at official functions again.
About Princess Rashidah's hubby the talk of a divorce seems very serious.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:41 PM
Royal Highness

It's so sad that the Queen had to move out of her own home. COuldn't the second wife go somewhere else? But at least she will never be divorced.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:56 PM
Super Moderator

a soap opera indeed.
No wonder the younger men like Rashidah's hubby are behaving this way. The Sultan isnt exactly the best role model. I am often surprised at how he portrays himself as a pious and upright man when his personal life is quite the reverse. The women in that family must indeed feel very insecure about their position.