The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Other Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Brunei

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-15-2008, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer08 View Post
Hello Humera,

Thanks for the information. I thought or heard HRH Princess 'Azemah was already "promised" for HRH Prince Qawi...anyway I wish them the best of luck as they deserve. They went through a lot with their parents divorce.
All I know from word of mouth, Princess Azemah is currently dating Princess Umi Kalthum's son, whom is her first cousin. Not that I heard about her being promised with Prince Qawi, but I dont think that gossip can be trusted.

Anyway, I'm hoping for the best for Princess Azemah, cos I'm absolutely a no 1 fan. She's so adorable & nice. God Bless Ya

Old 10-15-2008, 08:57 AM
Commoner

Said to read that. Not for her finding a partner/love but for the love to be a cousin...this is not healthy for them at all! Inter-blood marriage is not a good thing for the children and certainly NOT improve the Royal Family's IQ...Anyway I really doubted she would be brave enough to defy the "system". She is destined to marry some local guy and live in Brunei like her siblings and grow old like her aunties...

Old 10-25-2008, 09:46 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharen View Post
All I know from word of mouth, Princess Azemah is currently dating Princess Umi Kalthum's son, whom is her first cousin. Not that I heard about her being promised with Prince Qawi, but I dont think that gossip can be trusted.

Anyway, I'm hoping for the best for Princess Azemah, cos I'm absolutely a no 1 fan. She's so adorable & nice. God Bless Ya
Would you know if HRH Princess Fadzilah is also "seeing" someone? She is so beautiful and also looks very sharp/bright!
Old 10-28-2008, 09:55 AM

Wow..Princess Azemah is dating with Princess Umi Kalthum's son..But which one? I personally think that the third and the fourth son are quite good looking.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:40 AM

Quote:
BTW, does anyone knows what's happening to HRH Prince Azim? He is so strange lately...dropped out of Sandhurst, don't have a proper function nor a job, keep on showing up where not invited, strange friends...

Can anyone comment? I mean HRH is still the second in line for the throne right?
Well I haven't heard that Prince Azim dropped out of Sandhurst, I guess he can't stand the strict rules in there seeing that he's always living in the fab lane.But anyways, no, Prince Azim is not the second in line to the throne but he's actually the 4th behind the Crown Prince and his son, Prince Abdul Muntaqim, and Prince Abdul Malik.

Hopefully, that would clear things up.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:48 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Cess View Post
Wow..Princess Azemah is dating with Princess Umi Kalthum's son..But which one? I personally think that the third and the fourth son are quite good looking.
That would be very interesting to see if they finally decided to tie the knot and I would have to say I'd be pretty disappointed because I've always thought that she would marry some guy outside the royal family. I'm not saying that Princess Umi Kathum's son is not good enough for her.

I adore her along with all other Bruneians and we'd love to see her well-married. She deserves the best & she's still young. We'll see who she chooses to be with for the rest of her life and I'm sure everyone will be satisfied with her choice. She's a smart lady.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:50 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lullabelle View Post
Well I haven't heard that Prince Azim dropped out of Sandhurst, I guess he can't stand the strict rules in there seeing that he's always living in the fab lane.But anyways, no, Prince Azim is not the second in line to the throne but he's actually the 4th behind the Crown Prince and his son, Prince Abdul Muntaqim, and Prince Abdul Malik.

Hopefully, that would clear things up.
Thanks LullaBelle. I always thought the criteria for the succession was age (aside from being HM son). On HRH Prince Azim, he seams so distant from reality that its becoming bizarre. His clothes, his dress style, his rings, etc., all do not fit the bill for a Brunei Royal of his stature. I wish he could take some advice so to settle down and be productive for his family.
On HRH Princess Azemah, I could not agree with you more but I would go further: the inter blood weddings are not at all healthy so if that is true, I feel sorry for her and for the cousin too. Now, is HRH Princess Fadzilah also dating/seeing someone. I think she is prettier than the sister.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:28 AM

Well, you do not know how much he has in his wallet or how much comes out of it. No one ever knows but yes, he should've become more useful to the country and to the world since he loves publicity. I mean he could use it in a much more positive way. Sure he can party all night long but I wish he could contribute something in the world with all that money.

And about his lavish clothing and those blings he has, he just loves fashion. Apparently, he likes experimenting with fashion. Beauty knows no measures, right? And I do not know if Princess Fadzilah is dating anyone.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:16 PM
Commoner

Well I guess I do know how much he has and in some point in time we all can do the math and see how much goes out of his pocket but you eloquently put the dots in place: his "show off" style could be directed to a far better use. Brunei is not known at all (at least outside of SEA and some parts of UK) but it could be if there was a Royal member that could be a leading model for the youth around the World. Take a look at HH Sheik Maktoum or HM Queen Ranya...
Now what I humbly think is that HRH Prince Azim is a classical example of a person that pays to be accepted/recognized. He pays to get people around him (celebs & the likes), he pays to be in the VVIP party's list, in short - he tries very hard to gather attention to him while this could be attained in a different and positive way. For instance, were HRH to dedicate himself to be a businessman (proper one), HRH would definitely be invited, courted and respected. Unfortunately, nowadays HRH is more of a mockery to Brunei than anything else and that, with all do respect is very bad for HM the Sultan's image + Royal Family and Country's image as well.
If I were among his friends I would certainly try to instill his natural abilities and try to convince HRH that being a Prince is more than enough. I would try to show HRH that there is no competition among siblings and that by living a properly balanced life, HRH could achieve much more than simple photos with celebs...but anyway, that is just my opinion.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:38 PM

hey all :) good to finally be here. Id like to know more. They're so cool :)
Old 11-07-2008, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Quote:
Now what I humbly think is that HRH Prince Azim is a classical example of a person that pays to be accepted/recognized. He pays to get people around him (celebs & the likes), he pays to be in the VVIP party's list, in short - he tries very hard to gather attention to him while this could be attained in a different and positive way.
My thoughts exactly. He could be so much productive. Other young royals in Brunei seem to balance studies and official duties pretty well so why can't he? Even his sisters manage to carry out official engagements when they're in Brunei.
A while back I heard that he wanted to make a movie, then there's always some piece of news about him buying expensive gifts for his latest celebrity crush. I really wonder why his parents didn't intervene earlier on to keep this sort of behaviour in check. Let's hope he doesn't turn into Prince Jefri.
Old 11-08-2008, 07:55 AM
Commoner

Exactly! Now it seams no one really cares much about what HRH Prince Azim does and that is probably what causes his "strange" behavior to worsen...
Regarding the possibility of him becoming a "Prince Jefri", well first HRH Prince Azim would need to have much more "Savoir Faire" in order to become like "Prince Jefri" and second, HRH Prince Azim would need to have a lot more $$$ to sustain that sort of life style.
Times are different and nowadays the sort of thing being tried is out of touch and totally against what its expected from a Royal Family member.
Very unfortunate, not to say shameful for Brunei's image. Certainly a mockery for the European tabloids
Old 11-12-2008, 01:33 AM
Commoner

< ed Warren: defamatory statement >
Bur Warren keep delete my massage.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:48 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello View Post
< ed Warren: defamatory statement >
Bur Warren keep delete my massage.
And I will continue deleting defamatory statements to ensure that the owner of the Forums doesn't receive a lawsuit.
If you still don't understand, I suggest you read the Terms of Service you agreed to when you first registered to become a member.
Old 11-12-2008, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

October 12, 2008 - celebration marking Eid-ul-Fitr

this is from last month:

Royalty At Raya Celebration

. . . The event was organized by Pusat Ehsan management committee in response to requests from donors who wanted to hold a Hari Raya gathering for the centre's special needs children. Brunei's News Headlines - Brudirect.com

another article: Raya with special needs children | The Brunei Times

Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3
Picture 4
Picture 5

lovely close-ups:
Azemah 1
Azemah 2
Azemah 3
Fadzillah 1
Fadzillah 2
Fadzillah 3
Old 11-22-2008, 09:07 AM
Commoner

Lovely photos. I wish I could see more photos and info on HRH Princess Fadzilah. It seams she is overshadowed by the sister. Why is that? Why is it that everyone talks about the sister but never about her? She (HRH Princess Fadzilah) is very savvy and very very pretty!

Now back to a more pressing subject: what is wrong with HRH Prince Azim? Has anyone seen HRH myspace page? What is that? I cannot believe no one sees what is really happening here!!! How come? The parents should work this out. Its tough being Royal and so on but its clear that HRH wants to get out of the closet but cannot do it without hurting the protocols. Very said to see someone waste his time pretending...
Old 11-25-2008, 10:45 PM
Aristocracy

Both princesses are so beautiful. Their beauty is so natural, even with less jewelry and make up. I love them wearing traditional dress..
Old 11-26-2008, 12:09 AM
Commoner

I agree with you...they reminded me of their mother - elegant and pretty.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:17 AM

I am curious about fadzilahs degree what is it for and where did she take it? I am a former teacher of hers.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:23 PM
Commoner

She graduated in International Studies at Kingston University and is now taking postgraduate course on the same field.

I believe its for her own good, nothing to do with official duties or so.

I also firmly believe she is the brightest of all HM children (boys and girls).

I am a great fan of her!