The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Other Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Brunei

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-20-2006, 03:06 AM
Commoner

Her nick is azemah. Just like her name.

Old 02-21-2006, 09:17 AM

Hello

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie here still wondering around how to get around this site.

I really enjoy reading the stories of our Royal family especially with His Majesty's children with Puan Hajah Mariam. When their parents got divorced I actually read Princess Azimah's comment in brudirect HYS. I feel sorry for them, I know its hard for them having to get through the situation especially when they're still in their teens.

I manage to get some updates on their whereabout and their current activities from a very reliable source. I hope that they will succeed in everything that they're doing.

I hope to hear more updates on them. I'm a huge fan of Prince Azim, Princess Azimah and PAIPA Sarah.

Cheers everyone.. Take Care:)

Old 02-22-2006, 04:09 AM
Commoner

what's brudirect HYS?
Old 02-22-2006, 12:29 PM

Hi there..
Brudirect HYS is a brunei based website, HYS is the "Have Your Say" column.. Anyone can post just about anything there.. You try to search maybe they still have it there.. Go to www.brudirect.com
Old 02-22-2006, 09:55 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norjinah
Hi there..
Brudirect HYS is a brunei based website, HYS is the "Have Your Say" column.. Anyone can post just about anything there.. You try to search maybe they still have it there.. Go to www.brudirect.com
could you please tell us what Azemah's comment was about her parents' divorce?
Old 02-26-2006, 07:38 PM
Gentry

Princess' Letter Over Divorce Touches Hearts of Bruneians

I don't think it would be easy to find that particular post on HYS' archives since they have highly likely deleted it. They say even the Sultan reads HYS sometimes and some even speculate he even had replied anonymously to a few posts. Who knows right?

So here's an article with some quotes from Princess Azemah's entry on HYS, I found at http://www.gossipmagazine.com/Manage...sp?C=140&A=216

Princess' Letter Over Divorce Touches Hearts Of Bruneians
February 10, 2003

The princess, one of four children from the Brunei ruler's second marriage to Ms. Mariam Abdul Aziz, also expressed the agony she and her siblings were going through because of the breakup of the royal marriage.

Taking direct aim at the rumour-mongers on the Internet, the princess wrote: 'We can take your views but those cruel and heartless comments are tearing me and my brother (Mateen) apart because you are talking about our parents.'

'This was actually a private matter that has been mismanaged, abused and taken advantage of, and the fact that you think you know better only shows how ignorant you all are,' the princess added in her report on the Internet.

She went on to say that this 'has been one of the best smear campaigns in history and I wish to thank all of you for your heartless comments'. Her father, the 56-year-old Brunei ruler, divorced her mother after more then 20 years of marriage according to Islamic rites on Sunday.

According to the website, Brunei has been rife with gossip that all was not well with the marriage for more than three months. News of the divorce brought on a flood of comments. But Pengiran Azemah's retort in Brudirect found a quick and sympathetic response in the Brunei public.

One person wrote to the website: 'I share your sadness. Just to let you know, not all people are heartless and cruel. I am one of the many who have my sincere sympathy. There are still many who care. You and your brother are still very young. Be strong. Life must go on.'
Old 02-27-2006, 11:18 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Wow. Thanks for sharing that Dang Ayah.
Its so unusual to have a royal speak out in this way about their parents' divorce. But I guess Azemah must've felt very hurt at the time, not only because of the divorce but also because of the rampant gossip it generated (although I didnt know anything about the royals of Brunei at the time)

We see this sort of gossiping about royals and famous people so often, it must be so hurtful to the people who are the targets of such speculation.
None of us would want to go through something like this under the public and media spotlight.
Azemah's comments are really so compelling.
Old 02-28-2006, 12:16 AM
Commoner

I went through the previous threads and read the speculations about their divorce... those speculations were really hurting specially since they weren't true (such as being caught in bed with someone else...)
Old 03-19-2006, 09:34 PM
Gentry

Recently, I attended the Imperial College Bruneian Night at the Shaw Theatre in London. The guest of honour was Puan Hajah Mariam. Princess Azemah and Princess Fadzilah was also at the event and other royalties.

Unfortunately, I did not take any pictures!
Old 03-20-2006, 12:36 AM
Commoner

I remember when i was in brunei i ever saw the sultan and HJ mariam riding a Harley Davison Motor bike at the Jerudong Beach, they both look so lovely and happy and very romantic. About 12 body guards was all around the beach area. Time pass by, unforturnaly HJ Mariam can't stand the loniness and unhappy life. Certainly, life is not easy for her. As the 2nd wife of the Sultan, YTM Azrinaz now she must be full of curious and enjoy her luxury life. In future.......hey u never know!
Old 04-29-2006, 01:12 AM

the brunei royal princesses are very glamouros
Old 04-29-2006, 04:48 AM
Commoner

But sometimes when you have everything, life can be a pretty bit boring. Especially if you are always at the centre of attention.
Old 04-29-2006, 02:33 PM
Commoner

Yes they are very glamourous and very nice as well......
HRH princess Azemah is patron to a number of charities... which were started by her mother.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:52 PM
Commoner

hi guys..wow.. i think princess azemah was brave to tell the people.. i agree its very hurting..especially for her since people speculated the worst for her parents' divorce. Its not easy being a princess i guess.. there's always these group of people who take advantage and spread stories which are sadly untrue.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:53 PM
Commoner

hrm..i cant find azemah's profile on friendster.. only p malik and fadzillah..
Old 05-05-2006, 10:09 PM

princess azemah is more active than others
Old 05-16-2006, 04:05 PM
Commoner

She deleted her friendster account...
Old 05-18-2006, 12:13 AM
Commoner

oh..dat explains y i cant find her.. thanz for the info ya..
Old 05-18-2006, 04:37 PM
Commoner

Although residing in London, I am glad to hear that they are still active with their charity work in London and Brunei itself. WTG!
Old 07-12-2006, 05:27 PM
Commoner

Yup... all the princesses and princes aka prince azim, princess azemah, princess fadz and prince mateen are involved in quite a few charities hehehee.