The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Other Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Brunei

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-26-2009, 03:12 AM
Commoner

Hello everybody!!! It's been so long i havent log in into this website! Goshhhh!! and now am back :)
For PAIPA Sarah Fans, sure u want to know about her. See guys, i found sumthing cool. Log on to YouTube and search for...Reporter - Die Mutter der Prinzessin

It's mainly about PAIPA Sarah. But unfortunately, they speak in Swiss language. SO... enjoy peeps! :)

As far as i know, PAIPA Sarah is currently active in RBAF's activities. Click this website for further news and pictures. :)Ministry of Defence Website - Royalty Takes Part In Cadet Pioneer ...
Anyone has current news or images of PAIPA Sarah, please do share with me! Thanks.

Old 04-28-2009, 11:48 PM
Aristocracy

thanks for the link... it's nice to see her... BTW, whose mansion is that? does it belong to Royal Family or Sarah's family? I really have no idea about what they are talking about... can somebody explain to me?

Old 05-03-2009, 04:52 AM
Commoner

The bungalow is actually belong to her family, of course. I was quite sad becos i couldn't understand the language. I wish i can translate it into English!
Old 05-03-2009, 09:08 AM
Gentry

That house is situated within a cluster of houses built for the Ministers and also near Prince Sufri's big mansion (although I heard he may not be staying there right now). That particular house given to Sarah's family was meant for the Minister of Health. Most ministers actually stay at their own personal residences. There is also some development going on on the land adjacent to Prince Sufri's mansion, probably another new mansion for one of Sultan's sons or daughters.
Old 06-03-2009, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

May 31, 2009 - Beautiful pictures of Princess Sarah and her son

Royalty at colourful RBAF anniversary celebration in Rimba

People from all walks of life took the opportunity once again, as in previous years, to watch the Royal Brunei Armed Forces' (RBAF's) Anniversary celebration that saw many activities lined up, particularly the exhibitions and arena performances.

..... the event was also graced by Her Royal Highness Paduka Seri Pengiran Anak Isteri Pengiran Anak Sarah and His Royal Highness Prince Abdul Muntaqim. Royalty at colourful RBAF anniversary celebration in Rimba

Royalty watch RBAF 48th anniversary celebration events

..... Her Royal Highness Paduka Seri Pengiran Anak Isteri is a member of UBD’s Army Cadet Team. Among the highlights was a police motorcycle demo and motorcycle exercise demonstration. Her Royal Highness Pengiran Anak Isteri and the Prince also visited an exhibition at Hangar A. RTB NEWS

Sarah was accompanied by her mother and her friend Mena Wudood (also in uniform), the wife of Princess Masna's son

Image Gallery 1
Image Gallery 2
Old 06-03-2009, 02:35 PM
Nobility

her and her son look alike....
Old 06-04-2009, 10:22 PM
Aristocracy

She's gorgeous, even with her military outfit. Glad to see her take her son to this event. She looks happy and really enjoy time with her son. She's a very responsible princess and mom at the very young age. Salute to her!
Old 06-18-2009, 01:52 AM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

I like Paipa Sarah in military uniform. She's always stylish and beatiful. And her son is a cute pie in his little uniform! :) Vanesa.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:39 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Princess Sarah & Cadets give to blood bank

. . . HRH was accompanied by Pengiran Siti Aminah binte Pengiran Haji Othman, an army cadet platoon member.

Pictures:

ImageShack© - Gallery
Old 07-19-2009, 12:45 PM
Commoner

princess Sarah in uniform look very smart
Old 07-30-2009, 06:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think it's nice to see Sarah in her uniform. Good for her for doing what she wants.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:09 AM
Commoner

Pengiran anak Sarah is now using crutches due to her swollen foot.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:42 AM
Commoner

Oh!! what's happen?? I hope she get better soon
Old 09-06-2009, 09:12 PM
Commoner

I know it was posted quite a while ago, but I will try to give a summary of the You Tube video about PAIPA Sarah' s mother.
PART 1
The video starts with information about the country and his ruler. It says that Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah is head of state, finance minister, commander of the military and religious leader. Some words about the Sultan's birthday celebrations and that it is essential for many people to get an invitation. The reporter talks about the rich oil depots of the country and that the fortune of the Sultan is supposed to be around 50 billion USD. The Crown Prince is his heir and here in this country the Swiss are a little bit royal, too.

Then PAIPA Sarah is introduced, that she is 18yrs old and grew up in Brunei. She married the Crown Prince a little more than a year ago, and now the people wait for an heir. He talks about Sarah's new life with Islamic rules, old Malaysian traditions that surround Sarah in her court life and about the strict protocol on how to deal with people and other royals in a family that rules Brunei since 500 yrs; a family that lives not only according to the Koran, but also with old Malaysian customs.
Her mother Suzanne Rahaman is from Kanton Freiburg, Switzerland and lives in Brunei for 25 yrs now, and tells that from the day of the wedding announcement a lot of things changed for them. They received a new house from the Sultan with servants, security and a red carpet, and had to move in only one week. A basketball field was delivered additionally, because Sarah once mentioned that she would eventually like to play there, too.
She says they have gone through quite a social advancement, that she had to give up her job and her husband was sent into early retirement. Compared to her former life they now have a new status with social duties. She admits that she has never sat in the salon of her new house. They use only a few rooms. She expresses polite happiness about the new comfortable amenities. She says one has to get used to everything, and that is was not so easy. She still has to learn many things.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:14 PM
Commoner

Part 2

When things get all too much her father hides himself in a broom cupboard under the roof and enjoys his hobby, being an amateur radio enthusiast. Last year he went into early retirement and he’s now a full-time ‘Crown Princess-father’. Admittedly, as such he doesn’t have much to do.
Her father says that his life changed quite a bit. He can’t go out like he used to do before. He sometimes went with friends –Chinese- and they had a drink, and although he himself never drank alcohol he can’t afford being seen with them. He would damage the image of the Royal House.

The commentator then goes back in time and mentions that Suzanne Aeby was a nurse and took a language course in London 1978 when she met her husband. It took about 6 month and then they married already. She converted to Islam shortly before the wedding.
She said she never had any cultural shock in Brunei, because many things were more similar to living in Switzerland than one would think. She says life in Brunei is calmer and not so hectic than in Switzerland. Very important for her is her family and she likes the Bruneian way where family members treat each other respectfully.

About Sarah she says that she was lively and pretty. She had no difficulty with learning in school; she was interested in sports, music, and school and was an uncomplicated, easy child, a model child and according to her mother with average intelligence. The family visited relatives in Switzerland regularly. Suzanne says that they were a completely happy family living a secure life, also because her husband had found a job with the government.
The reporter doesn’t say much on how the Crown Prince met Sarah, only that she attracted attention at court and that the Crown Prince visited Sarah’s school and fell in love with her right away.
Suzanne thinks Sarah was too young to marry at age 17, but that this is normal in Brunei culture. She says, that Sarah is happy.
When showing the wedding the reporter talks about it and then mentions the threat that lies on every woman in an Islamic country, namely that the Crown Prince can marry a 2nd or 3rd or even 4th wife, as his father has married 3 times, so far.
Asked about what she thinks about the fact that her husband is allowed to marry a second wife, she admits, that the thought is a nightmare but also that one doesn't think or even talk about it, but deal with it when it comes up.

The commentator then continues with a lot of information about Brunei and shows Open Palace day at Ramadan with the RF shaking thousands of hands. Sarah will be the first Queen who’s not from the inner circle of the royal family.
Then Sarah’s mother is asked about the Crown Prince, but she doesn't want to give any information. She just says he's very nice.
The reporter gives more information about the Crown Prince, that propaganda often shows him as scientist and military leader, as father of the people. His true passion is sports, esp. playing billiard, which he is said to master superbly. His intelligence appears ‘unassuming’.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:14 PM
Commoner

Last Part

Then gives additional information about Brunei, the moves back to ‘more’ Islam, (Sorry, not really good translated) that alcohol is forbidden, that the source of income is mainly oil and gas, that it has the most expensive hotel in the world (2,5 billion USD, although with no return of investment) with views of the presidential suite where Bill Clinton once slept. He talks about Prince Jefri who was finance minister, wasted money, had connection to photo models and now lives in exile as persona non grata, because at court nobody talks about him.
He then switches back to Brunei with chances in tourism, promoting the rainforest which is completely intact since there never was over felling, because the money just wasn’t needed, the houses on stilts and that Brunei is really worth a trip.
The video then shows Sarah arriving at her parents’ house. She comes almost every day at 4pm to do homework or visit her pets. She has many cats, some were stray ones collected off the street, and some won prizes. Sarah says she hardly speaks Swiss, but that her French is better.
The reporter is very enthusiastic, because normally the RF doesn’t give interviews but Sarah talks to him a bit.
The video closes with a goodbye comment about Brunei as secure, ideal word where tradition and modernism seem to go hand in hand.

That was it. It turned out to be a little more detailed than intended, but I hope I didn’ t bore you all.
Old 09-07-2009, 05:50 PM
Courtier

Many thanks for you winter.It's very kind to have translated
You didn't bother us at all.I really wanted to understand the documentary.
I love the simplicity of CP Sarah and her mom.
Its also very kind on the royal to let them speak freely to the medias.
I have to confess that when CP Sarah married the CP I felt sorry for her.Because of her young age and the power of royal family,I thought that she will became the shadow of herself ( a second CP Masko),fortunatly,I was wrong.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:46 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks winter... I've seen the video but i just have no idea about what it was... your explanation helpe me a lot to understand. thank you...
Old 11-07-2009, 03:58 AM
Commoner

Thank you so much Winter. :) I really appreciate it. i dont understand the video either but now i do :) thank u so much winter. :)
Old 12-01-2009, 01:25 AM
Gentry

Hello all,

Here are pictures of the Crown Prince, PAIPA Sarah and their family at the wedding of HRH's brother Pg Irwan:

Majlis Bersanding:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2539/...919cbfd8_o.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3529/...e61d8d0d_o.jpg

Majlis Berbedak:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2522/...5e408fee_o.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2473/...995070a1_o.jpg

Majlis Nikah:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2618/...3e5a6e93_o.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2456/...f1897850_o.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3534/...a443bf08_o.jpg

Source: www.putihandlush.com