The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Other Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Brunei

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 09:41 AM

He certainly is one beautiful baby. Its nice to hear the Queen is nice to the Sultan's 2nd wife, otherwise it would be difficult I would imagine. I take my hat off to her because I don't think I could share.

Old 07-20-2006, 03:28 PM
Royal Highness

She is a wonderful lady... some one now when can i find a biografi of her?

Old 07-20-2006, 10:28 PM
Aristocracy

I was told that the royals had no choice but to be there.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:36 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHAmy
Did the Sultan and Princess Asrinaz have a formal wedding? Was it covered by the press?
No. They had a low key gathering for their wedding in Malaysia, the bride's home country. It wasn't covered by either countries' press, only reported afterwards by the Malaysian press and no photos of the wedding became public.

It was incomplete wedding as they didn't even have the "Bersanding" - which is the major showcase part where bride and groom are blessed by family and friends. They only had a "vow" or "Nikah" ceremony.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:16 PM

a great title
Old 07-22-2006, 05:50 PM

The wedding was actually held in Brunei's Palace in Kuala Lumpur, along the Embassy Row in Malaysia .Neither countries press attended because none were invited.Only close friends and relatives of the bride were invited. Infact, it was such a hush hush wedding that nobody knew until it was reported in Malaysia's newpapers the next day.(Most probably leaked by one of the guests) As to why there were no photographs was because all the guests were sworn to secrecy and no cameras nor handphones were allowed in.

A muslim marriage is essentially the "Akad Nikah", the vows, if you will. "Bersanding" is just a custom. One can be married only with the akad nikah even without the Bersanding but one is not married if it was the other way around.

Why the Sultan held a low key wedding is most probably out of respect for Queen Saleha and the rest of the family.After all it is not his first wedding. And since "Bersanding" is akin to "sitting on the throne", im pretty sure the Sultan feels Azrinaz could forego that on her wedding day as she will and is sitting on the throne with him and the Queen until today.
Old 07-22-2006, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zina
I was told that the royals had no choice but to be there.
Zina, i hope you're not suggesting that the Queen is faking it. To me , she is the epitome of a true muslim wife, who carries herself well in public, abide by dressing the muslim way , and accepts her husband's right to have a second wife. After all, Azrinaz is not the first of second wives.

You are probably right when you say the rest of the royals were there not by choice. But neither were they forced, im sure. It is more probably because they want to be in the Sultan's good books. Hence they show their faces.

Morever, it is a normal practice that an entourage of people always follow the Sultan wherever he goes.. and that day was no exception.

From your previous postings that i have read, you seem adamant to put Azrinaz in a bad light
Please do your maths, she married in August 2005 and delivered in the Prince in June.

People may criticise Azrinaz, maybe because some feels she isnt royal enough, classy/pretty/glamorous enough, or 'Bruneian' enough to marry the Sultan.But the Sultan HAS married her. If you think about it, the Sultan neednt even marry her, he can after all afford to keep her as a girlfriend BUT the fact is, he saw her good enough to be his wife, to be the mother of his child..the second woman to sit on his throne. Imagine, of all the beautiful available women out there.., he CHOOSE her. Shouldnt that say something?
Old 07-22-2006, 11:31 PM
Aristocracy

It says a lot, but to write it here would reflect badly on HM, so I won't. I'm not being rude, it's how most people in the country view the 2nd wife, not my own exclusive opinion.

"Faking it" is too strong a word. "Keeping up appearances" is very important in any Royal Family, and Raja Isteri and her children are doing an admirable job.
Old 07-22-2006, 11:39 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelle

Why the Sultan held a low key wedding is most probably out of respect for Queen Saleha and the rest of the family.After all it is not his first wedding. And since "Bersanding" is akin to "sitting on the throne", im pretty sure the Sultan feels Azrinaz could forego that on her wedding day as she will and is sitting on the throne with him and the Queen until today.
I'm sorry but let's stick to facts. If HM had shown the proper respect to his 1st wife, he would have followed Muslim custom and obtained her permission to take a 2nd wife.

Since we know what happened, and without repeating history here, your whole theory of having a low key ceremony so as not to upset his wife goes out the window. Although your colouring up versions of events sounds nicer.
Old 07-24-2006, 05:00 AM
Commoner

In every single single shop in Brunei have to hang the Sultan and the Queen pictures on the wall, few years ago 3 pictures was hanging is Sultan, Queen Saleha, and Hajar Mariam. After the Sultan annouced the bad news divorced with Hj Mariam, her pictures has to take down. Now the Sultan married again i think for sure few month later another picture have to hang up in every shop, office and public. Hang up and take it down...what a shame. I wish the Sultan hurry to pass his throne to Prince Billar, the picture change for hanging in public will be a celebration for the new throne for Prince Billar and Sarah. If hanging for another new wife for Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah i think is weird and such foolish thing to people in Brunei hang up and took down and hang up another one again...woooooo...
Old 07-24-2006, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zina
I'm sorry but let's stick to facts. If HM had shown the proper respect to his 1st wife, he would have followed Muslim custom and obtained her permission to take a 2nd wife.

Since we know what happened, and without repeating history here, your whole theory of having a low key ceremony so as not to upset his wife goes out the window. Although your colouring up versions of events sounds nicer.
My dear Zina,

The fact is, in Islam a man can have up to 4 wives. He neednt get permission from his wife. As long as he treats his wives equally, then in the eyes of Allah , he would not have commited any sin. Only certain Islamic countries make that its land law ie. The needs to get permission from his 1st wife so as to deter men who abuse this right. In other words, marry only when you can afford, who better but the first wife should know if her husband can afford financially or physically his extra wife. In Brunei Sultan’s case, he is the head of state, he knows he can afford both. He need not obtain the Queen’s permission.

As I can safely assume, us here in this forum are merely repeating “hear says”. Meaning we are talking from what we have heard from people who claims to know, who are “close” to the royal family but not the Queen or Sultan themselves. (God forbid if they knew this forum is discussing their private lives!)Hear says can also be distorted. What im trying to get at is, how do we know that the Sultan didn’t tell Queen Saleha of his intended marriage when they were both alone? She may have kept that secret to herself and left it to the Sultan to break the news to his people and country, his way, his time. (Infact it was also possible she could have prayed and hope it wouldn’t happen) Seriously, I am not trying to colour any event nor am i trying to coerce anyone else thinking my way. Since this is a forum, I am merely giving my opinion on its other possiblilities., merely complimenting (balancing) your quite negative views ...

Most Sultans in Malaysia that has 2 wives never marry their second wives in grand weddings. Even normal men don’t. And it is out of RESPECT for the first wife. (By all means marry but don’t flaunt the event). It is just not done.

Im curious did Mariam have a grand wedding with bersanding when she married the Sultan?
Old 07-25-2006, 11:00 AM
Commoner

hi. I'm new to this forum and would like to know how many hours is brunei exactly ahead of turkey, cause when I put on my comp every 1 is off.I know that Aust. is 8 hrs. ahead of turkey.I am also originally from S Africa and just moved 2 Turk about 15 months ago.I would also like 2 say that I was a fan of the Brunei royal fam. since the 80's & would like 2 know alot more about them.I know that the sultan was married 2 an airhostess.would like 2 know what her name was,I forgot.Anybody remember?Thanx

To Pixelle.Read what u explaned 2 Zina about having 2 or more wives in Islam.I would like 2 explain 2 u that u r a little wrong.I am not only an Eng teacher but also an Islamic Madrassah teacher.A man has 2 ask his 1st wife for permission 2 take a 2nd wife.If she refuses he may not take a 2nd.She can also agree but the reason should be a valid 1,ie. either the 1st wife cannot have any kids, she is cripple, blind,etc,physically or mentally unfit 2 carry out the duties of a wife,then he may marry again.He can also marry a woman if he fears that she would commit 2 adultery if she is a widow as the men did in the time of our beloved prophets when their husbands went 2 Islamic battles & left them (the wives) widows.So, even if u r a king or sultan and u r a muslim u have 2 ask yur 1st wife for permission 2 marry again.There is a saying that goes, (by having more than 1 wife is the quickest way 2 hell),cause even if u r the richest person alive on earth, u can never ever treat them equal.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:48 AM
Commoner

Before HM marry with the 2nd wife Hajar Mariam, Brunei is only allow to have one wife, more then one wife is not approved by the muslim in Brunei. At that time HM fight with his father to marry with Hajar Mariam and a title for her. At that moment it was a disaster for Queen saleha (at last they both become very cross to each other). After that, HM legal for every muslim man allow to have 4 wives. This muslim's law is made by Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah to have 4 wives. Azrinaz before she marry to the sultan, she already divorce twice, if follow the Royal brunei law this is not allow, but the sultan has his own way never care Queen saleha's face and bad influence for the people of brunei. But one thing is good Brunei has no tax.... everyone happy and no worry
Old 07-25-2006, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Can we please stick to the topic at hand? ie: Princess Azrinaz's current events. Lets not get into a religious debate or discussions about other members of the Brunei royal family.

Thank You

~*~Humera~*~
Royal Family of Brunei Moderator
Old 07-28-2006, 11:57 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooj
hi. I'm new to this forum and would like to know how many hours is brunei exactly ahead of turkey, cause when I put on my comp every 1 is off.I know that Aust. is 8 hrs. ahead of turkey.
im from brunei, living in australia. so if ozzie is ahead 8 hrs, brunei shud be ahead of turkey 6 hrs because australia (well brisbane), is 2 hrs ahead of brunei. does tht make sense?
Old 07-30-2006, 10:40 AM
Commoner

yes thanx PP it does make sensecause sydney is about 8 hrs from here,cause my sister phs. me often from there. thanx again,now I know brunei's time too

Hİ GUYS just seen the most adorable pics of azrinaz's cute little bundle of joy.He looks soooo sweet on his prayer meeting day.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:26 PM
Courtier

Beautiful pictures of Azrinaz . She looks like a Bride.
http://pg.squids.images.focus.de/img...en_r_385xA.jpg

http://www.mediaindo.co.id/data/aktual/73421.jpg

and with the sultan
http://www.postimees.ee/230805/gfx/1...9e17b3117a.jpg

It was too good to be true...
Old 11-27-2006, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Please note that since Princess Azrinaz does not perform solo royal duties, you will not always find information on her latest public appearances in this thread. Right now the Royal Family of Brunei and the Queen Saleha threads have links to her latest pictures from events she has attended with other members of the royal family.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:37 AM
Majesty

princess azrinaz is certainly lovely. i find her really pretty and discrete. do you think he has a good relation with princess sarah considering they are both around the same age?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 12-18-2006, 11:06 AM

yeah azrinaz..i know her personally...we were college mates and become tv reporters..

Closed Thread