The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Other Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Brunei

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 03:55 AM
Commoner

well..congrats i must say the newborn..

Old 06-14-2006, 03:35 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigheadshirmp
can you kindly scan the pic and post it here? i would love to see that pic!! many thankz!
Here's the pic of the ex-2nd wife, Mariam

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ait-Mariam.jpg

The pic is from the following book:

Title : By God’s Will: a portrait of the Sultan of Brunei / by Lord Chalfont
Author : Chalfont, Arthur Gwynne Jones, Baron, 1919 –
Publisher : London : Weidenfeld & Nicolson, c1989

Old 06-25-2006, 07:34 PM

i just like to say...that i knew azrinaz since high school. and she sat next to me for the whole year in form 3 (equals to year 10 in aussie). we hang out with the same circle of friends. so....gals...i have heaps of things to say to everyone here! u bet i do!
Old 06-27-2006, 12:15 PM
Commoner

I found some pictures of Azrinaz at this Blog. A few of them are her old pictures but I am almost sure that the ones with the pink hijab must be her latest pictures.

http://mckk8286.com/azrinaz
Old 06-27-2006, 04:54 PM

Hi All,

I have been coming to this site on and off to view the photos of The Brunei family. Havent been in here for ages.I am now kinda horrified at reading some of the things that has been said about Azrinaz.

I seriously do not understand how anyone could write such awful lies about her.I mean she is one lucky girl, to have been born fated and destined at birth to marry one of the richest man in the world.Even tho I do not know her personally, I AM HAPPY for her.Sure, the Sultan is old, but he is still a good looking man and certainly very able to have a young wife. And TRUE LOVE does and can exist between a young woman and an older man as long as he can care for her.The only reason for some of the people here to comment things like her "hitting the jackpot" stems only from jealousy!

Worst still, to even say she has had previous marriages, and also a son! She was single before she married the Sultan.And as a young woman, i'm sure she has had her suitors but never husbands.Rumours have said she was romantically linked to Khairy but then it could also be concluded from one date! Don't believe everything you hear..

I am fortunate enough to know Azrinaz 's only older brother.And he is 30 years old. So, be rest assured she is still in her 20s.And for your information this newborn prince is his ONLY nephew.

To me Azrinaz is pretty in her own way, and she does know how to carry herself.She has groomed herself well, probably learnt how to when she was working for the TV station.Arent they (tv presenters)all groomed well for the tv shows?Furthermore, It is possible for her to look better when she is now happily married to the one of the richest Sultan. She glows from within!

It really is sad to hear people passing rumours of her nose job. I seriously doubt a pregnant woman would put herself under a surgeons knives to make herself look better when she is already securedly married to the sultan. Believe that TRUE LOVE can transform one to being beautiful..
Old 06-28-2006, 12:24 AM

pixelle ur right. i know that we lost our contact (me and azrinaz) but i think she has always been the same person like she was 10 years ago. i do not agree that she was married before and had a child with that person. anyway, in subang jaya word spreads.....if she was married, i tell u....we would know alright!! but as far as myself and other ppl in subang knows....she wasnt attached to anyone. just to clarify that. anyhow...what can u do about it if a royalty proposed to u? cant do much can u? furthermore the sultan is good looking....age is only a number. right? and i have relatives in brunei who knows the internal affairs about the sultan...so dont spread gossips....u'll do more sin. but who am i to judge good or bad ay? well.....laterz..
Old 06-28-2006, 06:03 AM
Gentry

I believe YTM Azrinaz was conferred the Pengiran Isteri title already, yea? Hahaha I'm not sure cos I was away from home for 9 months! Just got back yay!
Old 06-30-2006, 12:18 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hani9791
i just like to say...that i knew azrinaz since high school. and she sat next to me for the whole year in form 3 (equals to year 10 in aussie). we hang out with the same circle of friends. so....gals...i have heaps of things to say to everyone here! u bet i do!
cool! at least there's someone now who knows azrinaz personally so that we wouldn't rely on rumors anymore...

how was azrinaz like when you were in form 3. was she the friendly type of person and was she popular back then?
Old 07-04-2006, 10:59 AM

What exactly is this confinement period? is it a tradition after giving birth? how long does it last? Is it compulsory?
Old 07-04-2006, 09:05 PM
Commoner

Normally malay family have this "confinement" period from the day of birth and lasted for abot 40 and to some 44 days. The mother is forbid to a certain food or actions like lifting heavily thing and walking fast (don't ask me why, I myself cannot rationalised this, although old folks believe it's not good for the uterus as it's in "sickly condition") The woman (new mother) also will wrap themselves, sometimes accompanied with certain application of herbs (in addition to oral herbs), wrapping around her abdomen (this is mainly to get back her figure and to tone up abdominal muscle. Confinement often accompanied with traditional massage.

I think a miss a bit more of "confinement period", but this is basically what it means. Hope you get the idea.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:12 AM
Commoner

i think confinement not only applies to muslim women who just gave birth, but to most (if not all) women. tho the rituals may not be the same, all women need to have that confinement period to rest from giving birth and most important of all, spend precious time with the new baby :)
most babies have a "confinement period" as well, because they are very prone to disease so are given a few days to stay at home
Old 07-10-2006, 09:23 PM

cool! at least there's someone now who knows azrinaz personally so that we wouldn't rely on rumors anymore...

how was azrinaz like when you were in form 3. was she the friendly type of person and was she popular back then?

hi issa so sorry i havent replied ur msg. anyway...she was an average person. wasnt that popular at high school but tried seeking the seniors attention. friendly?? hmm she was alright but she always had this snobby look on her face. but she's a nice person though. does that answers ur question?
Old 07-13-2006, 02:32 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

an article from a few days ago...

Istiadat Bersiram at Istana

Thanksgiving prayers for the "Istiadat Bersiram" of Her Royal Highness Pengiran Isteri Azrinaz Mazhar on the occasion of the birth of His Majesty's son, His Royal Highness Pengiran Muda 'Abdul Wakeel, were held yesterday afternoon at the Istana Nurul Iman's Surau.
. . .
It is an event to honour, announce and welcome the newest member of the royal family. Borneo Bulletin
Old 07-18-2006, 08:07 PM
Courtier

Did the Sultan and Princess Asrinaz have a formal wedding? Was it covered by the press?
Old 07-19-2006, 02:19 PM

Cukur Jambol

Greetings..

Got these photos thru mail.Thought i'd share these with this forum.
I think these were taken during a ceremony called "Cukur Jambol" (a malay custom to snip off a little bit of hair)for the latest prince. It is usually held at the end of the confinement period.Normally, this ceremony iincludes reading some religious rites known as barzanji or marhaban, praising of our prophet.

The Prince looks gorgeous, doesnt he?

Photos below are from www.bruneiresources.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pic06366.jpg
Views:	1176
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	255678   Click image for larger version

Name:	pic26068.jpg
Views:	534
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	255679  
Old 07-19-2006, 02:43 PM
Serene Highness

What a precious looking little fellow! I am curious that the Queen takes part in this also -- can anyone comment on the relationship between the wives? Is it expected that the Sultan will have several wives and therefore no jealousy - are they all family and care for one another's children -- do they live in the same complex/different complexes? Does anyone have insights here?
Old 07-19-2006, 03:25 PM

I think the Brunei Royal family is a close knit one.After all, if we look at Queen's Saleha's photos of her smiling at Azrinaz, you see her smile as genuine.I would assume the Queen would look upon Azrinaz as a younger sister.She probably also help guide her .I shouldnt think jealousy exist since the Sultan is fair and treats both wives equally. Moreover the Queen has experienced having the former second wife around for years.

I was told that when Azrinaz was in hospital during delivery, most of the members of the royal family were there. The Sultan and also Queen Saleha was in the delivery room. :-)
Old 07-19-2006, 04:22 PM
Commoner

The Queen is very noble. I applaud her sincerity.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:32 PM
Commoner

I must say, there's no word fit to praise Q Saleha. a woman is a woman, although the husband is equal, but still, sharing him ?/?, The is soo compose, and don't mind taking part in it, love her.
Such a nice picture, never been published. good job
Old 07-20-2006, 03:34 AM
Aristocracy

Great pictures! This baby is obviously surrounded with love and care.