The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Other Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Brunei

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-17-2010, 07:41 AM
Heir Apparent

http://gpdhome.typepad.com/royalblog...f-5-years.html

Old 06-17-2010, 10:40 AM
Commoner

OMG! im shocked, bt more of sad for azrinaz. in cases of divorce, children always become the victims. & im sure the children will stay with HM till they grow up. Maybe becoming a '3rd' person, especially royalties, isnt a fairytale at all. your independence is taken away and u dont get to see ur family as often as well as ur frens. no matter what, all e best of luck to azrinaz! shes still young and i hope she'll be back to the media world soon!

Old 06-17-2010, 01:43 PM

this is not sad news, this is good news for a majority of people in Brunei
Old 06-17-2010, 01:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruchick View Post
I cannot believe you rejoice after the ending of a marriage. For us non-Bruneian can you pls explain why is this such a joyous event?
Old 06-17-2010, 01:48 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Was the Princess not liked in Brunei?
Old 06-17-2010, 02:24 PM

Some maybe like and lots probably don't like her for the first time. But since she was married to the Sultan, all of the Bruneian's accept her as long as HM is happy. But so sad that they only can stand together for a short period of time..
Old 06-17-2010, 02:28 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Again I ask, why is she not liked?
Old 06-17-2010, 02:48 PM
Heir Apparent

this is sad news! i always liked azrinaz. as most here, it also shocked me to see her marrying the sultan and it's shocking to see her divorcing so soon as well. i wonder what the reasons for both were.
i hope we get to see her though, although with all her titles revoked and away from brunei i guess not.
what tiaras did she get?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-17-2010, 06:44 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

I will try to post pictures of the tiaras in the Brunei Jewellery thread once I have the time.
As far as Azrinaz not being liked by some people in Brunei, I guess the main reason would be the fact that Queen Saleha is so very respected and loved by everyone. At the time of the Sultan and Azrinaz's marriage, I remember that many of the Bruneian posters here were concerned about the Queen.
As for the kids, I expect them to spend much of their time with their mother because of their age. I don't expect the Sultan to have sole custody of them at least. His children with his ex-wife the former Princess Mariam spend a lot, if not most, of their time with their mother in London. They've been performing more official duties in Brunei now that they're older.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:45 PM
Courtier

Okay, I ask again, why the divorce. This board is to share information. There are rules to be followed, yes, but for those of us who are not Bruneian, please enlighten us.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:04 AM
Super Moderator

From what I've read, there were rumours circulating of an impending break-up, nothing more specific. I doubt anyone can claim to know the actual reasons behind the divorce. The BRF is very private when it comes to these things.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:14 AM
Gentry

Quote:
If that is true, then I guess I'm not part of that majority then.

I mean here we have a foreigner who had access to our ruler, whom she is now divorced from. That brings about security and confidentiality issues.

Also, we are talking about very young kids who now have to split time between parents in Brunei and Malaysia.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:01 AM
Commoner

I feel very sad for the kids..

Well.. according to other forums and blogs, the reason Azrinaz was divorced lies in her own fault. But then again, who are we to judge what's right and what's wrong.. Rumours are just rumours, even if it has spread throughout the whole country.Unless of course, it came from His Majesty's mouth or Azrinaz herself.

We are but Human, nobody is perfect, are we? I believe we should not be happy at the downfall of others, even if they are the ones who created the trouble. Lets all just pray for both of them, that they will find what they hope to in their life.. and atone to their mistakes if they have made them; because for all the rumours and speculations that are spreading, the only ones who know the truth are His Majesty and Azrinaz herself. Havent we learnt that things that get passed around changes it reliability when it reaches the next person?

Don't worry, Im not taking sides here, just trying to look at the the rational way. For all that has happened, pity the kids who are still young. I hope that they get to be raised by their mum. because after all, the kids need their mum too.. Im not sayin that they dun need their dad, but all Azrinaz has left now are her kids.. isnt it such a pity..

Well.. life is unpredictable.. We just have to accept what's written in our fate...
Old 06-18-2010, 01:06 PM
Nobility

I couldn't agree more. I want to add another point. You said some say it was Azrinaz's fault. Generally when middle aged or elder men get married with much younger woman, they expect them to be too mature and down to earth for their age. They compare them with their previous wives or partners who are around at the same age as themselves. So they feel disappointed at the end. But they have to make a decision between a beautiful vibrant young lady and a mature experienced lady. You can't combine the comforts of two kinds in one person. If you insist on turning a young woman into a fifty year old woman in terms of behavior, they only create a Frankenstein.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:07 PM

i think the main reason why people do not like this marriage is because the fact that the marriage was held in secret, & us Bruneians only knew about the marriage when the news leaked out in Malaysian newspapers. only then the wedding was officially announced.

and when a friend of mine put a comment in his Facebook status about the divorce, there were more than 100 likes for the status. & some of the comments put by others were like: it's about time! and syukur alhamdulillah! and lots of fireworks being played in celebration! etc.

this is just what i've read & heard from others.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:31 PM
Serene Highness

But why did they divorce? I'm not asking why Bruneians are so pleased with it, but the rumoured reason(s) behind it.
Thank you.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster View Post
But why did they divorce? I'm not asking why Bruneians are so pleased with it, but the rumoured reason(s) behind it.
Thank you.
i've sent you a private message :)
Old 06-18-2010, 09:30 PM

Quote:
i've sent you a private message :)
Wat a sad ending!!!

Somebody please ... help me. What the reason behind the divorce?? please.. i dont like rumours and speculation as well...
Old 06-19-2010, 02:15 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsofsky View Post
I couldn't agree more. I want to add another point. You said some say it was Azrinaz's fault. Generally when middle aged or elder men get married with much younger woman, they expect them to be too mature and down to earth for their age. They compare them with their previous wives or partners who are around at the same age as themselves. So they feel disappointed at the end. But they have to make a decision between a beautiful vibrant young lady and a mature experienced lady. You can't combine the comforts of two kinds in one person. If you insist on turning a young woman into a fifty year old woman in terms of behavior, they only create a Frankenstein.

Yes.. I truly agree with you. Maybe in this case one of the main reasons is that Azrinaz is nearly 30 plus years younger that HM. That is a whole huge difference in terms of thinking and maturity.. and Azrinaz is a commoner.. naturally she will be stumped by all these protocols whatsoever..
Old 06-19-2010, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator

Exclamation

Please do not post any further pm requests here. If you'd like to conduct a private conversation with a member, send them a pm.

Humera
Brunei Forum Moderator