The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-16-2008, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
How about Pengiran Isteri Azrinaz???
She lives in Istana Nurul Iman, the Official Palace.

Old 04-07-2010, 03:57 AM
Commoner

The Sultan's private bedroom is just under the Golden Dome? Oh my God! It must totally massive!!! :o Maybe as big as a football field! And maybe bigger than that. Oh my.. I am speechless!

Old 04-20-2010, 07:58 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissluxi View Post
As far as I know, the crown princess and the crown prince are living at Istana Nurul Iman, they do have a 4 or five bedroom appartment in the palace...at least this was told by the mother of the crown princess in a swiss magazine after the wedding.
Actually from a popular commercial area in the capital, you can see the new extension of the palace for the Crown Prince and his wife. I don't think it is a 4 or 5 bedroom apartment, but maybe 4 or 5 floors! Looks more like a lavish hotel.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:16 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenawi View Post

I can say the interior of the Palace is unimaginably majestic! I have personally been invited and have attended a couple of His Majesty's Birthday celebrations on both the morning award & title ceremonies and the evening dinners. Besides that, i have been lucky enough to attend a few of Prince Maleek's birthday parties because I used to go to the same school with him.

The Palace is Massive in size. If i'm not mistaken there is 3 or 4 floors of underground basement parking lots. and another 5 stories above this. His Majesty is really generous in inviting High-end officials and their children (above the age of 13) and also distant relatives of the Royal Bloodline (ie. Pengirans; these are the very distant relatives from great great great grandfathers which they share with the Sultan). So therefore these basement levels are reserved for official dignitaries vehicles (+police escourt vehicles) and other royalty vehicles. So we are assigned to park at the base of the Palace Hill and catch a coach that drives us up to the "Unofficial Entryways" (the back doors; this is far from the OFFICIAL Entryways but closer to the function area).
Yes the parking space for visitors alone is huge. But His Majesty's private garage is MASSIVE. I think the size is about half of the length of the main palace building alone. Seriously, there are at least a thousand cars parked there. There are buggies to take you from one of the garage entrances to where ever your car is. I've got pictures here but sorry, can't post it up.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:47 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by plkong View Post
dear all,

is there a book available on the etiquette and protocol of the palace?
how do we conduct ourselves in the midst of royalty?
how to address each one of them according to their rank?
i think every royal household has different customs...no?
i hope that somebody can help me with this.
Actually there is, a 774-pages book called The Royal Brunei Customs and Protocol, or in Malay "Adat Istiadat DiRaja Brunei". You can buy it at the State Customs and Protocal Department. Tells every single thing you want to know about customs and protocol of Brunei.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
How about Pengiran Isteri Azrinaz???
Quote:
Originally Posted by linakoc View Post
She lives in Istana Nurul Iman, the Official Palace.
At the moment yes. But currently the Sultan is building a $55 million "palace", up the hills right in front of Istana Nurul Iman.