The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-19-2006, 08:21 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Really beatiful pics! I wish I could visit Brunei some day to come...

Vanesa.

Old 09-20-2006, 03:25 AM
Aristocracy

Are the Royal Family all live in same palace? What about Sultan's brothers and sisters?

Old 09-20-2006, 06:22 AM
Commoner

[quote=Quinas]You can find the interior and exterior design of Istana nurul izzah here :

http://archnet.org/library/images/th...cation_id=2166

Wow!!! those are cool pictures! Look at the interior! Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-20-2006, 06:24 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by el-khanz
Are the Royal Family all live in same palace? What about Sultan's brothers and sisters?
All of his brothers and sis have their own 'palaces'.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:42 PM

How about Pengiran Isteri Azrinaz???
Old 10-03-2006, 05:45 PM
Courtier

[quote=mimimalil]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinas
You can find the interior and exterior design of Istana nurul izzah here :

http://archnet.org/library/images/th...cation_id=2166.
So is this like a condo building where the prince and princess have something like a penthouse or do they own the whole thing? Also they will live in the Palace that the Sultan lives in now when they are crowned right? Thanks!
Old 03-10-2007, 02:01 AM
Commoner

i have some picture of Istana NuruL Iman (the interior design) but, how to post them???
Old 03-10-2007, 06:28 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Sara you can post the pictures by simply copying and pasting their links here.
If you took the pictures yourself or you have permission from the copyright holder to post them here, you can attach them directly to the forums by using the "Manage Attachements" feature when posting a reply.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:34 AM
Commoner

i really admire the Queen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoiltbrat99
You know purple princess, some people can act as if they care, but for her, she is genuinely concern and interested in those people she met. You will never see her with a sour face.

Any of your here have been or seen other palace. I have never seen the photos before. Istana Nurul Izzah.
What a lovely Queen.
Old 03-17-2007, 01:57 AM
Nobility

Istana nurul izzah is where Mariam used to live rite?
Old 04-09-2007, 04:41 PM

book on protocol & etiquette of the court

dear all,

is there a book available on the etiquette and protocol of the palace?
how do we conduct ourselves in the midst of royalty?
how to address each one of them according to their rank?
i think every royal household has different customs...no?
i hope that somebody can help me with this.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:06 AM
Aristocracy

I'm sure they have rules about etiqquette and protocol but I'm not sure if the book is published. Maybe, besides the royals themselves, they have it for their staff.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:21 AM

Protocol is set of rules for more official occasions. A form of formalised etiquette with very stiff procedures. While there are many intersting books on the subject, I have never come across any that specialize in a royal court or in royal courts in general. You will find a few rules on how to entertain and be entertained by British royalty in Debrett's Etiquette and Modern Manners. The book PROTOCOL (Mary Jane McCaffree) has many of the standard protocol rules that are applied in official entertainment, but it is an American book and is very specific to the White House protocol.
I sincerely doubt that any royal court would have a book. It is really a set of rules that are more or less passed down from person to person. Sure, they probably have some written lists etc... however in general the protocol is coordinated very much with the ministries of foreign affaires, as it is most visible during state visits and in conjunction with trips. For local events the rules are normally sent by the royal court / royal chamberlain to whomever will do the receiving of the royals. (Theatres, factories, schools, and even individuals). It is also normal procedure to send detailed information to anyone who has an invitation by someone at the royal court. Once you arrive at the palace, there will be designated persons who will assist you with everything such as when and how to bow or curtsie, how to address the royal and so on...
I hope this was helpful....
Old 04-11-2007, 03:57 AM

dear ghroyal,

thank you very much for your reply. very much appreciated!
Old 04-11-2007, 09:41 AM

how about the sultan's sons&daughters? are they living with him or do they have their own 'palaces'?
Old 01-08-2008, 02:46 AM

The Istana Nurul Iman palace is the official residence of the Sultan of Brunei, Hassanal Bolkiah. The palace is located on a leafy, riverside sprawl of hills on the banks of the Brunei River directly south of Brunei's capital, Bandar Seri Begawan, no more than a few miles outside the city center. It is the largest residential palace in the world and the world's largest residence of any type. It was designed by the National Artist of the Philippines for Architecture, Leandro V. Locsin and built by Filipino firm, Ayala International.

Istana Nurul Iman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 02-21-2008, 08:24 PM
Commoner

It's along time that i can get back hare,greeting to all of you ! I spent sometime to work on my Table decoration and print the Royal pics for exposition in my galary, May you have good luck !
Old 03-22-2008, 09:53 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by denmarck View Post
The Istana Nurul Iman palace is the official residence of the Sultan of Brunei, Hassanal Bolkiah. The palace is located on a leafy, riverside sprawl of hills on the banks of the Brunei River directly south of Brunei's capital, Bandar Seri Begawan, no more than a few miles outside the city center. It is the largest residential palace in the world and the world's largest residence of any type. It was designed by the National Artist of the Philippines for Architecture, Leandro V. Locsin and built by Filipino firm, Ayala International.

thanx for that great answer denmarck!
some things are more clear now!
Old 03-22-2008, 10:01 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by plkong View Post
dear all,

is there a book available on the etiquette and protocol of the palace?
how do we conduct ourselves in the midst of royalty?
how to address each one of them according to their rank?
i think every royal household has different customs...no?
i hope that somebody can help me with this.
i don't know if it applies also to royalty, but i found some kind of "behaviour rules"
on second thought, i guess it does, especially in royalty, behaviour is important!

Brunei profile - For Australian exporters - Austrade

ps: it's under "doing business"
Old 03-23-2008, 12:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by denmarck View Post

Thanks for the information! I couldn't find these informations! You are the best!