Vatican City State: The Conclave 12-14 March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My father and I made a bet: Cardinal Scherer will be elected Pope on Friday. He'll be Pope Leo XIV.

Hurrah!! This is so exciting! The atmophere in the square must be incredible!

There's a new Pope.

How long we'll have to wait until the new Pope is announced?

I'm hope it's Cardinal Scherer.

Portuguese television said between 30 to 40 minutes before we know

Approximatively 45 minutes between the white smoke and the habemus papam.

There might be a Pontiff as soon as this evening...!Besides Scola of Milano and Scherer of Sao Paulo,the Cardinal of Quebec apparently has high chances too....That would be a first,a Pope from the Americas.

Four votes today,twice the chimney will tell its story.

:vaticanflag:

HABEMUS PAPAM !

The Pontifex Maximus will be announced and officially presented by HE Cardinal Jean Luc Tauran in about 45 minutes.

His Holiness Pope

Last edited:
Group of very excited Spanish nuns proudly waving Spanish flags in the front row!

3rd time lucky! I knew it would be tonight!

I see some brazilian flags. I bet those people are dying to see Cardinal Scherer appearing in the window in some minutes

I see some brazilian flags. I bet those people are dying to see Cardinal Scherer appearing in the window in some minutes

I saw those and a lot of Spanish,French,Mexican,Polish,Italian and Czech flags too in the vast crowds!

I'm dying to see Scherer there.

And I'm not even Catholic.

:vaticanflag:

HABEMUS PAPAM !

The Pontifex Maximus will be announced and officially presented by HE Cardinal Re in about 45 minutes.

I'm so excited. I've heard on CNN that it will be HE Cardinal Jean-Louis Tauran who will present the pope.

I'm not Catholic either but I'm a bit excited too. A native portuguese-speaking Pope would be amazing

EDIT: I heard about Jean-Louis Tauran too

I would LOVE to be there right now!

They chosen faster than in 2005.

IMO, this means that one of the very favorites was chosen. Scherer or Scola.

The Pontifical Band is arriving as well as the Swiss Guards.

Pope will be annouced by Protodeacon Jean Louis Tauran,

Last edited:
Scherer is backed by many Vatican high officers, and from many European Cardinals. Also, I suppose the Latin America Cardinals also voted on him.

I bet we are going to see the first Pope from the Americas.

They chosen faster than in 2005.

IMO, this means that one of the very favorites was chosen. Scherer or Scola.

They choosed during the 5:th voting round now. In 2005 they choosed during the 4:th round.

I'm guessing it is one of Cardinal Scola, Scherer or Schönborn

They choosed during the 5:th voting round now. In 2005 they choosed during the 4:th round.

I'm guessing it is one of Cardinal Scola, Scherer or Schönborn

So, the newscaster from the news I'm watching was wrong.

In that case each ballot does not get the "smoke treatment"? Because we've had three appearances of smoke, but 5 ballotts?

OMG I am soo excited!!! And I am catholic. Scherer or Scola I think. Schönborn would be a dream come through though it does not matter where the pope is from. The right man is important!

In that case each ballot does not get the "smoke treatment"? Because we've had three appearances of smoke, but 5 ballotts?

Two votes in the morning,two in the afternoon..Both sets of votes are burned in one go...hence..plus one late yesterday afternoon,makes 5

Maybe they confused it with the conclave in 1978 when John Paul II were choosed during the 8:th voting round

BBC reported the same thing, saying this was done after the 3rd ballot, and 2008 was 4th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom