Vatican City State: The Conclave 12-14 March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so excited. I've heard on CNN that it will be HE Cardinal Jean-Louis Tauran who will present the pope.

True,it is french Cardinal Jean Luc Tauran who will announce and present the new Pontifex Maximus!:flowers:

Habemus Papam

Glaudium Magnum Cardinalem:..

Deo Gratias!

Last edited:
Vatican TV are in control of the BBC pictures and they were focusing on the balcony.

BBC reported the same thing, saying this was done after the 3rd ballot, and 2008 was 4th.

Strange. Had they choosed during the 3:rd ballot we would have seen white smoke earlier today instead of black

One thing is for sure: we have a new Monarch in the World, guys.

By the way, here's how it will be announced:
"Annuntio vobis gaudium magnum: Habemus Papam!
Eminentissimum ac Reverendissimum Dominum [Christian name], Sanctae Romanae Ecclesiae Cardinalem [surname], qui sibi nomen imposuit [official papal name]”

I've got an essay to finish but I daren't concentrate on it and miss the announcement!

Over an hour, come on guys! Put you shoes on ;)

Argentine Bergoglio!

His Holiness Pope Francis I,Pontifex Maximus

Last edited:
It is really exciting and we are all witnesses of a historical event.

Indeed it is Lucien,I don't think I've googled as many Cardinals names before :D

Ha! Latin American.

Maybe Cardinal Scherer is the next one.

Wow that's a surprise but he was already a strong opponent of Joseph Ratzinger in 2005. Good decision!

First Latin American Pope, First Pope from outside Europe in 1000 years, first Pope to choose a "new" name Francis.

Pope Francis is 76.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom