Vatican City State: Pope Francis accession/Inauguration & Current Events:March 2013-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: "If I would have known you would bring this, I would have give you the one fron San Lorenzo...":ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
He´s kind of funny, the Pope :D

he's lovely. seems so down to earth.

i thought i'd clarify that San Lorenzo is a football team in argentina (and presumably the one the pope supports) :)

In that BBC article on the reform group, it noted only one of the 8 team members is of the Curia. They won't meet until October. Still - the team composition does seem to send a message.

Someone noted earlier in this Forum that most Curia jobs stay intact as papacies change. Does anyone know the reason for that?

I know the Pope will be naming a new Secretary of State soon and that will bring some change. But given the number and scope of scandals related to the Vatican in recent years, I have wondered why the Church seems to not see other key personnel changes (in the US we often call it cleaning house) as a way to bring some accountability back into the Curia.

This article discusses some of the cardinals rumored to be in the running for the SOS ob.
Looking out for No. 2: Who will be Vatican secretary of state? : The Catholic Sun – News from Phoenix and the World

His Holiness Pope Francis conveyed his best wishes and congratulations to the,( soon to be-) new Royal Couple of The Netherlands,Willem-Alexander and Máxima in a personal message.The Pontiff also said he will feel connected with all those in attendance at the special Coronation Mass at the Basilica of St.Nicolas,Amsterdam this sunday.

The Mass will be celebrated by Mgr.Punt and HM The Queen will be represented by HE the Grandmistress of the Court,Mrs.Martine van Loon Labouchère while other members of the Court will also be in attendance.

The Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI will return to the Vatican on may 1st and take up residence in the appartment at the monastery.

His Holiness Pope Francis conveyed his best wishes and congratulations to the,( soon to be-) new Royal Couple of The Netherlands,Willem-Alexander and Máxima in a personal message.The Pontiff also said he will feel connected with all those in attendance at the special Coronation Mass at the Basilica of St.Nicolas,Amsterdam this sunday.

The Mass will be celebrated by Mgr.Punt and HM The Queen will be represented by HE the Grandmistress of the Court,Mrs.Martine van Loon Labouchère while other members of the Court will also be in attendance.

lucien there is going to be a Catholic Coronation Mass for the new King and Queen...did I understand you correctly? This must be a first for the modern day Netherlands. How do the people feel about it? I understand that the official relationship between the Netherlands and the Holy See is a complicated one.

lucien there is going to be a Catholic Coronation Mass for the new King and Queen...did I understand you correctly? This must be a first for the modern day Netherlands. How do the people feel about it? I understand that the official relationship between the Netherlands and the Holy See is a complicated one.

There's a Coronation Mass being said in their honour in Amsterdam's Basilica of St. Nicholas today but its nothing to do with Tuesday's enthronemet ceremony which is a secular ceremony at the Nieuwe Kerk in Dam Square.St Nicholas's RC Basilica is perhaps Amsterdams most iconic Roman Catholic church.

Nicolaasparochie Amsterdam

Vatican Museum Visitors will also be allowed to visit Square Garden

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQtJmLZtimA

Many years ago, my dear Uncle who had many high ranking Papal Knighthoods took me on a private tour of the Vatican's art collection which is not available to the public. It was a rare treat and one of the great highlights of the trip. He never married, so I was lucky enough to benefit. Now if only I could see Queen Elizabeth's collection, the experience would be complete!

There's a Coronation Mass being said in their honour in Amsterdam's Basilica of St. Nicholas today but its nothing to do with Tuesday's enthronemet ceremony which is a secular ceremony at the Nieuwe Kerk in Dam Square.St Nicholas's RC Basilica is perhaps Amsterdams most iconic Roman Catholic church.

Nicolaasparochie Amsterdam

It was a Mass in Honour of Queen Beatrix and to wish the new Royal Couple strength.It was a beautifull Holy Mass with the Bishop,Mgr.Punt of Haarlem,celebrating.HM Queen Beatrix was thanked in all various degrees and the best of wishes to the New Royal Couple were the same.A message from His Holiness Pope Francis was read out in which he conveyed his best wishes for Willem-Alexander and Máxima.

HM Queen Beatrix was represented by Her Grandmistress of the Court,Her Excellency Mrs.Martine van Loon Labouchère,the Grandmaster of HM Court,Mr.Cosijn,was also in attendance as were many other Members of the Court,Parliament,Government and top brass.The church was packed...but no,not a Coronation Mass..allthough in many churches around the country the Coronation Mass,or parts of it,were sung yes.Every church throughout the country payed attention yesterday to the upcoming change on the Throne.The times of denominational disputes are long gone and over and no-one really gives a rats +++,it's medieval.Straint as relations might have been in the past,yes,well,we have a new Pope with a way less frumpy attittude then any of his predecessors and that will set the tune for years to come,thank goodness.

I was quite surprised today to manage to watch the Papal Audience live from Rome. If you have Sky or cable, you'll most likely have access to the EWTN Channel and they broadcast the Wednesday morning audiences. There's no translation but the Vatican has interpreters present who give a summary and parts of the blessing in various languages (Spanish, English, French and German).

I am argentina and I have to saythis , we are SO pround of our pope!!!! jorge beroglio know like francisco I is a great man, very simple and loverly.I see him in person two times and I was in an mass of him in buenos aires.
He is so so humilde man, he was every day to his workhere in subway. WE Love OUR Francisco I.

we have a lot of hope in him! I sure he will do a great work as pope

If he did, then that's a good thing. There's powers in this world we may never fully understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom