Vatican City State: Pope Francis accession/Inauguration & Current Events:March 2013-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The jesuit who was allegedly betrayed by his then principal to the Argentine junta, who lives now in Germany, spoke out to German media to declare that he wasn't betrayed by now pope Francis. Already members of his family had published correspondence they recieved by Jorge Bergoglio in which he told them about all the steps he had taken to try and save "his brothers".

Even though it is very difficult to evaluate evidence from times of a terror regime, especially after one person became the spiritual leader of those giving evidence, I personally go with our laws and give the benefit of the doubt plus additional positive feeling to the new pope.

No Pictures of the Princess of Liechtenstein born Princess of Bavaria and a lot of pictures of Princess Charlène born W.

^^^^
Since Sophie Liechtenstein was standing next to Albert de Monaco and Charlene de Monaco there are pictures of Sophie if you look.

The fact that Sophie was born into a deposed family has no bearing on if her picture is taken or not. It is that the Grimaldis are more well known than the Liechtensteins that makes it more likely they will be photographed. Sophie was lucky not to be listed as "unidentifed woman standing next to Prince of Monaco".

Last edited:
It fits the overall picture of this Pope...after driving to his hotel to personally pay the bill..The human scale..:)

In the same article about the call to the news kiosk, what got me was the fact that he had the paper delivered 6 out of 7 days a week. On Sundays, he would get the paper in person and once a month return the 30 rubber bands that were around them.

Pope Francis is going to be very much a Pope of the people and the people are going to be very important to him. Forget the airs and graces and splendor of his position and being venerated. This is a man who would rather serve than to be served. It also may be a security nightmare.

Pope's personal touch with crowds a 'nightmare' for security, expert says - World News

One of the pope's (any pope) titles is servant of the servants.

LaRae

The title "pope" is derived from papa-father- and another title is "pontifex maximus"-Latin for great bridge-maker (pons=bridge ,facere=to make/build, maximus=big-biggest)!
So his job is to build bridges (networking!) and nowadays he is also responsible to create understanding between different religions,countries &cultures and unite the Catholic church!
But other than that I agree with your statement &Osipi´s post that the current Pope is a pope of the people!

To back up my claim I looked up Wikipedia:The Pope (from Latin: papa; from Greek: πάππας pappas,a child's word for father) is the Bishop of Rome and the leader of the worldwide Catholic Church.In the Catholic Church, the Pope is regarded as the successor of Saint Peter, the Apostle. The current pope is Francis, who was elected on 13 March 2013, succeeding Benedict XVI.

Last edited:
Wasn't it pope Francis that requested the meeting? If that is the case then it's not likely pope Benedict was going to refuse.

LaRae

Pope Frances has my big ups!

The camera motors (have these people not gone to digital cameras?) and the bishop/cardinal behind them sending in signals was interesting. The Pope Emeritus seems very frail and it is easier to understand his choice, given these photos. Pope Frances seems to be making his own choices and these seem lovely and full of the grace of the Holy Spirit.

The Pope Emeritus was wearing a down jacket for warmth? I hope C. Gandolfo has decent heat. It is sad to see him in this state - I had not considered how he would appear the next time we saw him. I hope his faith is a great strength to him as he moves through this phase of his life.

I think it was brave and bold of former Pope Benedict to acknowledge the frailty of the human condition and the needs of the Church for vibrant leadership. Let us all wish B and F both well.

The two of them looked so old and frail - I couldn't tell the difference - two very old men struggling to walk and kneel - so sad that the cardinals voted for another short term pope (in all likelihood given his clear age and fragility already before he has even begun).

When you look back to Benedict in 2005 he was far more sprightly and fit and with it than this new one who has aged about 10 years in his first week in office.

Pope Frances has my big ups!

The camera motors (have these people not gone to digital cameras?) and the bishop/cardinal behind them sending in signals was interesting. The Pope Emeritus seems very frail and it is easier to understand his choice, given these photos. Pope Frances seems to be making his own choices and these seem lovely and full of the grace of the Holy Spirit.

The Pope Emeritus was wearing a down jacket for warmth? I hope C. Gandolfo has decent heat. It is sad to see him in this state - I had not considered how he would appear the next time we saw him. I hope his faith is a great strength to him as he moves through this phase of his life.

I think it was brave and bold of former Pope Benedict to acknowledge the frailty of the human condition and the needs of the Church for vibrant leadership. Let us all wish B and F both well.

I have a 35mm digital camera and it makes the same noises you hear in this video.

I thought Ratzinger was retiring to a completely private life, to avoid exactly this type of 2 popes at once scenario?

Noone claimed that from any official side. These rumours came from the announcement that he would retire to a monastery on the grounds of the Vatican - which meant that the building he will move in was formerly used as a monastery, so that lead to wrong conclusions.

As it is, he promised absolute obeyisance to the new pope, but apart from that he is still the second highest ranking member of the church. It's a bit like in an monk order - the Primas retires and another takes over control, but still the former Primas is highly regardedand searched out for advice if his successor needs it.

And who is better able to give the new pope advice about the Roman curia than Benedikt who most of his life lived in Rome serving the church? I guess we'll get used to seeing these two together, but surely never at an official function of the Vatican, like scheduled papal mass etc. where there can only be one pope and that's Francis.

And who is better able to give the new pope advice about the Roman curia than Benedikt who most of his life lived in Rome serving the church? I guess we'll get used to seeing these two together, but surely never at an official function of the Vatican, like scheduled papal mass etc. where there can only be one pope and that's Francis.

I think as time passes, the one person that would be concerned that Benedict is doing ok and even pop in for a visit from time to time would be Francis. Francis seems to be the kind of guy that always has the welfare of those he knows on his mind and will act on it. How many high ranking church officials would bother to save 30 rubber bands to return each month to the local kiosk to be used again? The meeting these two men had and with them praying together side by side as brothers, it gives a warm feeling that there aren't "sides" nor are there airs and graces but two men that honor and respect each other and serve the same Master.

I have a feeling that with Francis we are going to see a bit of a difference in how the Pope does things. He's already turned down the papal throne for a white chair, will be celebrating Holy Thursday Mass at a juvenile delinquent facility and washing the feet of 12 inmates and loves making a bee line to the people gathered hoping to catch a glimpse of him.

There was a lot about the Roman Catholic Church which I didn't agree with and to be honest, things about it that disgusted me which is why I left. I am finding it so odd that I am really drawn to Pope Francis but there is just something about that man that shines through.

BBC News - Pope Francis shuns grand apartment for two rooms

Francis has apparently decided to continue to live in a small 2 room suite in an apartment building next to St Peters. The other occupants are Vatican staff and clergy with whom he will eat in the communal dining room. Makes sense, he is a bachelor so doesn't need much space and I doubt the other residents throw too many wild parties so it is probably quiet. The former Pope will apparently be living in more spacious and grander accomodations.

BBC News - Pope Francis shuns grand apartment for two rooms

Francis has apparently decided to continue to live in a small 2 room suite in an apartment building next to St Peters. The other occupants are Vatican staff and clergy with whom he will eat in the communal dining room. Makes sense, he is a bachelor so doesn't need much space and I doubt the other residents throw too many wild parties so it is probably quiet. The former Pope will apparently be living in more spacious and grander accomodations.

This doesn't surprise me one bit. He probably really enjoys the communal meal. Next I expect to see pictures every so often of Francis walking to "work" as a daily routine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom