Vatican City State: Pope Francis accession/Inauguration & Current Events:March 2013-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want one of those umbrellas!

Charlene of Monaco is in black,now I'm confused :lol:

Pope descends Popemobile to bless disabled man before Inaugural Mass

I can´t tell you how excited and happy I am for the new pope,he is one of the best things that happened to the Catholic church in many years and hopefully he will have a long,healthy life!
He has the power,charisma and special gift to have a positive impact on the world and improve the understanding of different countries and people from different backgrounds :flowers:

Charlene is wearing black, why not white today?

Spotted US Vice President Joe Biden and the President of Ireland!

Italian PM Mario Monti and his wife,followed by Albert II and Queen Paola,and the Prince and Princess of Monaco are meeting Pope Francis.

Just saw the President and First lady of Ireland greeting the Pope.

Last edited by a moderator:
I´ve seen F&L and W&M greeting the Pope. He´s talked a lot with both Felipe and Maxima... the language, of course ;)

Princess Maxima appears to be wipping her eyes in one of the Belga photo's it must have been an emotional ceremony for her.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always understood the Privilege du Blanc, but when Charlene wore white when she met the Pope last time, it caused some controversy and confusion, now she opts for black, maybe she did wrong last time and switched to black this time?

I've always understood the Privilege du Blanc, but when Charlene wore white when she met the Pope last time, it caused some controversy and confusion, now she opts for black, maybe she did wrong last time and switched to black this time?

Yes I think we're all confused over this!

Princess Maxima and Princess Letizia look so lovely and poised.I love their mantillas.I bet they talk in spanish to the Holy Pope :)

Maria-Therese looks lovely.

Maxima and Letizia look wonderful, as well. Charlene never looks happy to me.

beautiful ceremony.
Princess Charlene looks wonderful she was the most beautiful princess with the princess of Lichenstein at this ceremony.

Are you saying Albert of Monaco, although "just a prince" is not regnant?

I think Ari is referring to Catholic reigning monarch..like InfantaLeonor when she becomes thé Queen.

I bet they talk in spanish to the Holy Pope :)
I couldn´t hear Maxima well, but Felipe and Letizia taked in Spanish to him, I could hear the Pope saying "muchas gracias" when they were leaving :)

I couldn´t hear Maxima well, but Felipe and Letizia taked in Spanish to him, I could hear the Pope saying "muchas gracias" when they were leaving :)

Aww,that was sweet.Princess Máxima must be do proud that a fellow Argentinian is thé new Pope.Next month will be PM's turn to recieve congratulations.

Aww,that was sweet.Princess Máxima must be do proud that a fellow Argentinian is thé new Pope.Next month will be PM's turn to recieve congratulations.

Yes, now the Argentinians have a "holy" trinity-Pope Francis I,CP Maxima and football-deity Lionel Messi:D
They can be truly proud of them!

Are you saying Albert of Monaco, although "just a prince" is not regnant?

Albert II of Monaco is a Roman Catholic Sovereign,his consort wore white to a recent Papal audience with Pope BXVI but wore black to today's ceremony.It was announced at the time that she had been granted the Privilège du blanc.

The Princess consort of Liechtenstein also RC currently does not have this traditional privilege.

So what I'm saying is that is not accorded to the wives of all Reigning Monarchs/Princes,only to some Roman Catholic one's.

I can't find The Gloucesters' pictures :(

You can see the Duke on picture 49 of the Zimbio gallery.

I wonder whether Princess Charlene wore black because of the solemnity of the occassion / because it was a Mass and chooses White for an official visit or meeting with the Pope?

I wonder whether Princess Charlene wore black because of the solemnity of the occassion / because it was a Mass and chooses White for an official visit or meeting with the Pope?

That's a possibility,maybe she'll only wear white at official Papal audiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom