Vatican City State: Pope Francis accession/Inauguration & Current Events:March 2013-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read that last night,that's such a major step between the Eastern Church and Rome!

Last edited by a moderator:
There are some talks, here in Brazil, that someone from the Imperial Family will attend.

As Prince Luiz, the Head of the Imperial House, isn't very well, he'll, probably, send his brother and heir, Prince Bertrand, the Prince Imperial, or maybe Prince Antônio and Princess Christine.

Or, maybe, the Lignes will attend, representing the Imperial Family.

Last edited:
Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe, banned from traveling most places, apparently has a pass to attend tomorrow.

The title of this thread is 'Pope Francis accession, inauguration: March 2013' and not personal opinions on the Catholic Church or the Pope.

So far we have

T.M.The King and Queen of Belgium
TRH The Grand Duke and Duchess of Luxembourg
TRH The Prince and Princess of Asturias
TRH The Prince of Orange and Crown Princess Maxima
TRH The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester
TSH The Prince and Princess of Monaco

I wonder if Liechtenstein,Sweden,Norway or Denmark will send anyone?

Of the non reigning houses,we might see some Italian,Portuguese,French,German and Austrian royals.

The duke of Parma will also attend the ceremony.

An Ard Ri, could you be more specific regarding "personal opinions about the Pope"? Can observations and references be made about him or is it restricted to the technical aspects of the papal accession and inauguration?
Thanks

An Ard Ri, could you be more specific regarding "personal opinions about the Pope"? Can observations and references be made about him or is it restricted to the technical aspects of the papal accession and inauguration?
Thanks

Further to this question, is there a thread where these aspects can be discussed, or is the preference not to get into a serious religious debate - and the potential issues that can bring?

EDIT: (sorry hit button too soon). My view is this site is not for religious discussion etc. This is a Royal website and should stay as such.

Thanks

If ever in doubt the Forum rules should act as your guide for posting,remember this is not a religious forum and really this thread should be about the current Pope's current events.So long as posts don't go off topic and don't turn into a religious debate as they can turn nasty.This forum is not the place for such discussions.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/misc.php?do=sknetwork&page=rules

Posting
Threads should remain on topic. If you wish to conduct a private conversation with another poster, please do so via the private message system or the chat room. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.
Insulting comments about other posters and royals are not permitted. Criticism is acceptable; insults and flames are not. We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
Whenever possible, opinions should be based on factual information obtained from reputable sources and should be backed up by references to those sources. The moderators reserve the right to delete posts containing the more fanciful types of gossip and speculation, whether they originate in gossip magazines and websites or are simply fabricated.
Posts where members claim to be related to a royal or noble family may be deleted at the discretion of the moderators since we are unable to substantiate such claims.
Threads and posts containing information already posted will be deleted, edited, or merged at the discretion of the moderators; empty posts containing irrelevant short exclamations or comments will be deleted.
Discussion of other forums and websites should be limited to royal-related content. We do not allow criticism of other forums or continuation of disagreements that started elsewhere.
Political and religious content is permitted only in association with the royal-related topics of the threads.
Threads and posts that violate the rules will be deleted or edited. However, the real-time nature of the board means that moderators may not see the offending posts immediately. We reserve the right to delete or edit posts without notice at any time after they are posted.

Seems that Princess Amélia will be representing the Brazilian Imperial Family tomorrow.

Thanks An Ard Ri, much appreciated.

An article about the Pope's sister
Pope's sister prayed he wouldn't be picked - CNN.com

Buenos Aires (CNN) -- Maria Elena Bergoglio was in her home west of Buenos Aires last week when she heard the shocking news: Jorge Mario Bergoglio -- her brother -- was the new pope.
In the past, she had prayed that the cardinals wouldn't pick him.
"During the previous conclave, I was praying for him not to be elected ... because I didn't want my brother to leave," she told CNN en Español on Monday. "It's a position that was a little selfish."
But this time around, Bergoglio said she changed her tone.

A picture of Máxima, Willem-Alexander, Letizia and Felipe:

http://www.nrc.nl/inbeeld/files/2013/03/1903webapp10-913x735.jpg

No idea why WA is not wearing a uniform. It seems that Máxima is wearing the oval shaped open diamond brooch that we have thus far only seen on Queen Beatrix, also worn when HM announced her abdication.

President Fernández de Kirchner and Princess Máxima: http://www.hola.com/imagenes/actual...francisco/0-230-853/misa-cristina-fdez7-a.jpg

WA, Máxima and prime minister Rutte: http://www.telegraaf.nl/jsp/foto_wi...enland&arttit=Paus Franciscus I geïnstalleerd

King Albert and Queen Paola: http://1.standaardcdn.be/Assets/Images_Upload/2013/03/19/571370-01-06.jpg.h600.jpg

The Grand Duke & Grand Duchess of Luxembourg: http://www.wort.lu/img/89f7201e5df8.../5704d0725945606e2f02bd57eab774651b8a0406.jpg

On this picture I can also recognise Sophie, Alois and Nikolaus of Liechtenstein and prince Felix of Luxembourg: http://www.wort.lu/img/590c68f87223.../0d7bccccf0c2c82d7ad4dd0f2b9d0dfa92eb271b.jpg

Last edited:
I think Willem-Alexander is wearing the official dress for his position when he becomes King - this is what he will wear at his inauguration. He will no longer be allowed to wear armed forces uniform.

I have read that the Pope wished Everyone "a happy day and good appetite" at the end of his Angelus-I thought that was a funny way of ending the prayer :)
Usually it is "urbi et orbi" -at least that´s what the last pope said when I was in Rome...

from Wikipedia:
Urbi et Orbi ("to the City [of Rome] and to the World"; literally, "[to (the)] City and to [the] World") denotes a papal address and Apostolic Blessing that is given to the City of Rome and to the entire world, on certain occasions. It was a standard opening of Ancient Roman proclamations.

It is interesting to see that the Duchesse of Lux.& Paola chose white and Maxima & Letizia decided to take the safe option of black.The ladies look very dignified and elegant,I enjoy seeing the beautiful lace on their head-does it have a special name? Q Sofia liked the mantilla, a special head gear for Spanish ladies.
Are there any royals from Austria or Germany going?Austrian politicians are highly enthusiastic about the new pope and many ministers are going to attend.

We did have a discussion about the Privilege du blanc in this thread already and some ppl wondered if Maxima and Letizia would wear white!
Letizia is from the Spanish Catholic RF-is she banned from wearing white because of her divorce?

How do the lace scarfs stay in place, with hairpins?
All the ladies looked very elegant and the gentlemen very handsome. :)

We did have a discussion about the Privilege du blanc in this thread already and some ppl wondered if Maxima and Letizia would wear white!
Letizia is from the Spanish Catholic RF-is she banned from wearing white because of her divorce?

Perhaps only queens/grand-duchesses are allowed, not the princesses.

How do the lace scarfs stay in place, with hairpins?
All the ladies looked very elegant and the gentlemen very handsome. :)

Yes, they are fixed with hairpins,I am sure!
I agree with you-the ladies & gents were looking polished,elegant and also seemed to enjoy the festive occasion a lot.

Letizia is not Queen of Spain,Queen Sofia is the only Spanish royal who has the Privilege du blanc.

:previous:Exactly. Only Catholic QUEENS are allowed to wear white. Every other Catholic royal and everybody else has to wear black.

:previous:Exactly. Only Catholic QUEENS are allowed to wear white. Every other Catholic royal and everybody else has to wear black.

Thanks for clearing up and sharing your knowledge,Annie S. & An Ard Ri :flowers:
So if Letizia becomes Queen one day she will be entitled to wear white?

Here´s some bit from Wikipedia:
Privilège du blanc ("privilege of the white") is a traditional privilege extended to female monarchs entitled to the hereditary style of Catholic Majesty, and wives of such Catholic Monarchs, whereby they are allowed to wear white in an audience with the Pope.

By the way, I loved Pope Francis mass a lot-especially that he has asked everyone to respect the environment and help disadvantaged people!Well done,I am happy for the new pope :)

Last edited:
Nearly 200 political and religious delegations expected for Inauguration Mass at St. Peter's Square

Nearly 200 political and religious delegations expected for Inauguration Mass at St. Peter's Square - YouTube

Thanks for clearing up and sharing your knowledge,Annie S. & An Ard Ri :flowers:
So if Letizia becomes Queen one day she will be entitled to wear white?

Yes when Letizia becomes Queen consort of Spain she will be entitled to the Privilège du blanc.

Pope descends Popemobile to bless disabled man before Inaugural Mass

Pope descends Popemobile to bless disabled man before Inaugural Mass - YouTube

Pope prays at Tomb of St. Peter before Inaugural Mass at Square

Pope prays at Tomb of St. Peter before Inaugural Mass at Square - YouTube

Faithful pack St. Peter's Square for Pope's Inauguration Mass

Faithful pack St. Peter's Square for Pope's Inauguration Mass - YouTube

I'm watching the ceremony but do they ever speak any English in the ceremonies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom