Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-16-2014, 12:20 PM
Courtier

Pope Francis beatified 124 Koreans

Pope Beatifies 124 Korean Martyrs

Old 08-19-2014, 04:11 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Pope hints at early retirement, too bad he didnt get elected 8 years earlier.
Pope Francis speaks about his own death as he hints at 'nerve problems' | Mail Online

Tragedy strikes Popes' family
Pope Francis's great-nephews and their mother killed in car crash in Argentina | Mail Online

Old 08-19-2014, 04:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post

I'm very saddened about the death of his relatives.... I'll pray for him
Old 08-19-2014, 04:29 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Pope hints at early retirement, too bad he didnt get elected 8 years earlier.
Pope Francis speaks about his own death as he hints at 'nerve problems' | Mail Online
It is all difference in perception and in charisma. In church policy, in teachings, in administration, the pontificates of Benedictus XVI and Franciscus are 99% alike.

Even the so called "humbliness" of the Pope is in essence nothing different from the then Cardinal Ratzinger who went every day, by feet, from his modest appartment (the only luxury was his family's piano) in Trastevere to his office in the Vatican. When he was elected Pope he just moved in the papal apartments without any change or renovation. Also Pope Franciscus sits on a throne, has expensive liturgical wear, but in the public perception he his a humble man while Pope Benedicus, a shy, careful formulating, soft speaking man was framed as a Church Prince.

All perception. In essence Franciscus and Benedictus have the same mindset but different cultures. That is all.

Old 08-19-2014, 04:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
It is all difference in perception and in charisma. In church policy, in teachings, in administration, the pontificates of Benedictus XVI and Franciscus are 99% alike.

Even the so called "humbliness" of the Pope is in essence nothing different from the then Cardinal Ratzinger who went every day, by feet, from his modest appartment (the only luxury was his family's piano) in Trastevere to his office in the Vatican. When he was elected Pope he just moved in the papal apartments without any change or renovation. Also Pope Franciscus sits on a throne, has expensive liturgical wear, but in the public perception he his a humble man while Pope Benedicus, a shy, careful formulating, soft speaking man was framed as a Church Prince.

All perception. In essence Franciscus and Benedictus have the same mindset but different cultures. That is all.

You are soo right! Ratzinger had only a shy character and was more an intellectual than a orator IMO
Old 08-19-2014, 04:34 PM
Nobility

Quote:
too bad he didnt get elected 8 years earlier.
I'm glad he wasn't! As much as I love pope Francis, I loved pope Benedict very much too. I will be very sad when they'll die ...

Quote:
This must be horrible Praying for his family!

Queen Mathilde
Old 08-19-2014, 04:35 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

But perception is important to reach the people. Francis is a 'people person', Benedict was not. I don't want to put him down, but I found him too dogmatic for his role.
I diagree on the mindset by the way, you would not have Benedict even discuss urgent topics like homosexuality, abortion etc. Benedict was the first to tackle child abuse etc, I think both Popes were eleceted too late in terms of age, I root for a younger pope to be able to get in there at least for 10-15 years.
Old 08-19-2014, 04:36 PM
Nobility

Quote:

I think "Amen" is very appropriate in this situation

Queen Mathilde
Old 08-19-2014, 07:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:

I agree with you Duc_et_Pair
Old 08-19-2014, 08:03 PM
Nobility

Quote:

And "amen" from me, also.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

I completely agree.Pope Benedict got a bad rap for many reasons that I won't go into, but he was actually an exceedingly self-effacing man. I remember during his visit to Ground Zero in NYC when he was meeting with people who had lost relatives there. A man with a bad limp approached him and attempted to kneel, but Benedict pulled him to his feet and would not permit it.

He was underrated in many other ways. I for one miss him.

I am also terribly sad to read about the tragedy in Pope Francis's family...awful!
Old 08-21-2014, 07:11 PM
Courtier

Pope Francis called parents of James Foley, American journalist murdered by the ISIS

Pope Francis Calls Parents of James Foley | ZENIT - The World Seen From Rome
Old 08-31-2014, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Papal Audiences

PPE

http://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?z...08-2014%20Paus
Old 09-05-2014, 06:19 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Pope Francis met with Argentinian soccer legend, Maradona

Old 09-05-2014, 06:22 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

H.H.The Pope meets with Former Israeli President, Shimon Peres, in the Vatican

TRH Prince El Hassan bin Talal and his wife, Princess Sarvath El Hassan, visited the Pope in the Vatican

Old 09-06-2014, 04:47 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Papal Audiences

PPE

PPE Agency

PPE Agency
Old 09-06-2014, 01:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Pope Francis met with Argentinian soccer legend, Maradona

Pope Francis really likes soccer
Old 09-09-2014, 06:46 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Pope sends his condolences to the families of 3 Italian nuns murdered in Burundi.

Old 09-09-2014, 06:47 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Pope welcomes two new ambassadors: One from Germany, the other from Georgia

Old 09-14-2014, 09:40 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Pope Francis to travel to Turkey at the end of November

Tags
cardinal jorge mario bergoglio, francis i, pope francis, vatican city state

« Kingdom of Lesotho | - »