The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Other Reigning Houses

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-13-2014, 09:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Vatican Television releases never-before-seen footage of Pope Francis\' election

Wow - that's a first ever?

“The two important things I did learn were that you are as powerful and strong as you allow yourself to be, and that the most difficult part of any endeavor is taking the first step, making the first decision"Robyn Davidson
Old 03-14-2014, 06:55 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

First Anniversary of Pope Francis pontificate: A look back at his first words

Old 03-16-2014, 06:09 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

What's in a Papal Shield? A look into the art of designing a 'Coat of Arms'

Old 03-16-2014, 06:10 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Pope boards a bus to make his way back to Rome, after spiritual retreat

Old 03-17-2014, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Pope Francis given sculpture of famous Spanish architect Antonio Gaudi

Old 03-17-2014, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Pope prays for passengers of missing Malaysian plane

Old 03-21-2014, 06:50 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Pope meets with President of Montenegro, Filip Vujanović

Old 03-24-2014, 07:04 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Russell Crowe meets the Holy Father in Rome

Third time's a charm: Russell Crowe finally gets his meeting with Pope Francis...and the Vatican's blessing for Biblical epic Noah | Mail Online
Old 03-24-2014, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Pope Francis to meet President Obama on Thursday.

Pope, Obama have much in common: Column

Meetings between Popes and U.S. Presidents date back nearly a century

Old 03-24-2014, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

H.H.Pope Francis meets with president of Vietnam\'s parliament, Nguyen Sing Hung

Old 03-27-2014, 08:43 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

His Holiness Pope Francis meets with President Obama at the Vatican.

Old 03-29-2014, 06:44 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

H.H.Pope Francis meets with Greek President, Karolos Papoulias

Old 03-31-2014, 02:23 PM

Papal infallibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
In MY opinion it's the wrong views, to ME it's wrong that my gay brother isn't allowed to marry his boyfriend like I'm able to marry a future husband, to ME it's wrong in every way that because someone's homosexual they're not allowed to have the same human rights as someone heterosexual. I could go on, but this is a discussion for another thread, I think You may be butthurt all you want because someone don't agree with you and some point of views in Catholicism (mind you, that I'm still a member of the Catholic Church, and I'm perfectly content being a "liberal" Catholic), because to ME it's not being offensive to disagree.

I'm not being all over you or any other religious person, saying "Stop it! I think this is wrong and therefore you MUST think it's wrong too". What I am saying is that I think that that part of Catholicism is wrong, people don't have to agree with me, but I use my freedom of speech to say on a public forum that as sweet and kind as this new Pope probably is, I think he's completely wrong on subjects such as abortion and gay peoples right to marry etc., but I also know that he's not "allowed" to publicly say anything else than that he's against it.

In other words, I'm not forcing anyone to share my opinions, however I do use my liberty to state aforementioned opinion, and I still don't see what's the offense in saying that I think that some of his opinions are wrong.
Actually the pope, unlike a reigning monarch doesn't have to toe the line and say what is expected of him. Thanks to papal infallibility he can say whatever he wants and it is considered right and divinely inspired allowing him to change any church law he sees fit. I think you rushed to judge Pope Francis based on the views of his predecessor Benedict just as Benedict went against the views of pope JPII in his views in gays. JPII declared that being gay want a sin, it was natural but the act if sex outside of marriage was a sin, but he took no stance on gay marriage publicly. Benedict overturned that almost instantly. Now Francis with the meek words "as long as they are good people who am I to judge" turned a who new church view on the situation. H is taking a "do good Abdul good things happen approach" which being gay myself means a lot to hear someone saying that as opposed to the "evil, worst thing to happen to the world" remarks that Benedict lived to say.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

I apologise for asking a little out of topic question.

Actually I know enough things about Catholicism, even being Eastern Orthodox. First of all, in my family there are Catholics, though they are practically non-practicing.

Watching Vatican Holy messes so far, I've observed different ways of taking communion (Eucharist). There was once when I saw members receiving at Holy Communion wine and host, but mostly only host.

On Wiki it is said that both variants are possible. But mostly I observed that Catholics take at Holy Communion only the host.

When I was In France I visited a church, where people received the host and wine at Communion.

Does it depend of preasts or do different Catholic national churches have their own "rules" of taking Eucharist?

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-31-2014, 05:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by theway2004 View Post
Actually the pope, unlike a reigning monarch doesn't have to toe the line and say what is expected of him. Thanks to papal infallibility he can say whatever he wants and it is considered right and divinely inspired allowing him to change any church law he sees fit. I think you rushed to judge Pope Francis based on the views of his predecessor Benedict just as Benedict went against the views of pope JPII in his views in gays. JPII declared that being gay want a sin, it was natural but the act if sex outside of marriage was a sin, but he took no stance on gay marriage publicly. Benedict overturned that almost instantly. Now Francis with the meek words "as long as they are good people who am I to judge" turned a who new church view on the situation. H is taking a "do good Abdul good things happen approach" which being gay myself means a lot to hear someone saying that as opposed to the "evil, worst thing to happen to the world" remarks that Benedict lived to say.

Don't know where you got your info about papal infallibility and how things work in changing things within the Church but it's in error.

Your understanding of pope Francis's position on homosexual actions may be in error as well....not sure what you actually think he said. Pope Benedict ...I would like to see a link to those remarks because I am pretty sure you are not quoting him accurately.

None of the popes you mentioned have said homosexual acts are natural...not sure where you heard that one either.

LaRae
Old 03-31-2014, 05:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
I apologise for asking a little out of topic question.

Actually I know enough things about Catholicism, even being Eastern Orthodox. First of all, in my family there are Catholics, though they are practically non-practicing.

Watching Vatican Holy messes so far, I've observed different ways of taking communion (Eucharist). There was once when I saw members receiving at Holy Communion wine and host, but mostly only host.

On Wiki it is said that both variants are possible. But mostly I observed that Catholics take at Holy Communion only the host.

When I was In France I visited a church, where people received the host and wine at Communion.

Does it depend of preasts or do different Catholic national churches have their own "rules" of taking Eucharist?

Thanks in advance.

The bishop of a dioceses can make some changes but whatever he changes can't be a contradiction to what is allowed by the Church itself.

As far as the Church is concerned....you may receive either species, the Body and the Blood both or you can just receive one. You may receive in the hand or on the tongue.

There are not any 'national' Catholic Churches. There are different rites such as the Eastern rite where I believe they actually use the method of intinction when they receive the Body and Blood.

LaRae
Old 04-01-2014, 07:37 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

H.H.The Pope meets with blind and deaf people at the Vatican

Old 04-03-2014, 05:47 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Papal Audience at the Vatican

PPE Agency
Old 04-03-2014, 07:24 PM
Courtier

Pope, Britain's Queen Elizabeth have informal meeting at Vatican

Queen Elizabeth met the pope today (April 3rd). Short clip of the meeting at the link.

LaRae
Old 04-04-2014, 06:22 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

H.H.Pope Francis meets with bishops of Tanzania during their visit to the Vatican

Tags
cardinal jorge mario bergoglio, francis i, pope francis, vatican city state

« Kingdom of Tonga | - »