Vatican City State: Pope Francis accession/Inauguration & Current Events:March 2013-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pope hints at early retirement, too bad he didnt get elected 8 years earlier.
Pope Francis speaks about his own death as he hints at 'nerve problems' | Mail Online

It is all difference in perception and in charisma. In church policy, in teachings, in administration, the pontificates of Benedictus XVI and Franciscus are 99% alike.

Even the so called "humbliness" of the Pope is in essence nothing different from the then Cardinal Ratzinger who went every day, by feet, from his modest appartment (the only luxury was his family's piano) in Trastevere to his office in the Vatican. When he was elected Pope he just moved in the papal apartments without any change or renovation. Also Pope Franciscus sits on a throne, has expensive liturgical wear, but in the public perception he his a humble man while Pope Benedicus, a shy, careful formulating, soft speaking man was framed as a Church Prince.

All perception. In essence Franciscus and Benedictus have the same mindset but different cultures. That is all.

:flowers:

It is all difference in perception and in charisma. In church policy, in teachings, in administration, the pontificates of Benedictus XVI and Franciscus are 99% alike.

Even the so called "humbliness" of the Pope is in essence nothing different from the then Cardinal Ratzinger who went every day, by feet, from his modest appartment (the only luxury was his family's piano) in Trastevere to his office in the Vatican. When he was elected Pope he just moved in the papal apartments without any change or renovation. Also Pope Franciscus sits on a throne, has expensive liturgical wear, but in the public perception he his a humble man while Pope Benedicus, a shy, careful formulating, soft speaking man was framed as a Church Prince.

All perception. In essence Franciscus and Benedictus have the same mindset but different cultures. That is all.

You are soo right! Ratzinger had only a shy character and was more an intellectual than a orator IMO

But perception is important to reach the people. Francis is a 'people person', Benedict was not. I don't want to put him down, but I found him too dogmatic for his role.
I diagree on the mindset by the way, you would not have Benedict even discuss urgent topics like homosexuality, abortion etc. Benedict was the first to tackle child abuse etc, I think both Popes were eleceted too late in terms of age, I root for a younger pope to be able to get in there at least for 10-15 years.

I think "Amen" is very appropriate in this situation :)

I agree with you Duc_et_Pair :flowers:

And "amen" from me, also.

I completely agree.Pope Benedict got a bad rap for many reasons that I won't go into, but he was actually an exceedingly self-effacing man. I remember during his visit to Ground Zero in NYC when he was meeting with people who had lost relatives there. A man with a bad limp approached him and attempted to kneel, but Benedict pulled him to his feet and would not permit it.

He was underrated in many other ways. I for one miss him.

I am also terribly sad to read about the tragedy in Pope Francis's family...awful:sad:!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom