Next U.S Ambassador to the Holy See: Ken Hackett

Old 08-14-2013, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Rome ready for soccer friendly in honor of Pope Francis

Old 08-30-2013, 05:42 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

T.M. King Abdallah II and Queen Rania meet with H.H.Pope Francis .

Old 09-03-2013, 10:11 AM
Majesty

I think it safe to say Pope Francis,in his short Pontificate,already has done more,said more,and inspired more then any of his acclaimed predecessors!The most remarkeble man in one of the most vulnerable posts on earth solely caused a u-turn in to how the world views The Vatican and lives the Gospel,not just preaching it.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
I think it safe to say Pope Francis,in his short Pontificate,already has done more,said more,and inspired more then any of his acclaimed predecessors!The most remarkeble man in one of the most vulnerable posts on earth solely caused a u-turn in to how the world views The Vatican and lives the Gospel,not just preaching it.
I totally agree with you on this. The most amazing part is that the changes and views changed were not by major acts of reform or grand elaborate councils and symposiums or synods but with him being simply himself and actually living the Prayer of St Francis of Assisi.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:52 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I totally agree with you on this. The most amazing part is that the changes and views changed were not by major acts of reform or grand elaborate councils and symposiums or synods but with him being simply himself and actually living the Prayer of St Francis of Assisi.
Indeed Osipi!!! It all started with the most simple;"Buona sera"...that set the tone and style then and there and the world was moved and in awe,and still is.

His Holiness this morning at Mass at Santa Martha's.
Last sunday Pope Francis called for a worldwide day of prayer and fasting for Syria this coming sunday
Old 09-03-2013, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Yes I'd agree with you there,he seems to be making changes and taking small step towards reforming the Vatican,which is long overdue.He may well be the People's Pope!
Old 09-03-2013, 11:09 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Yes I'd agree with you there,he seems to be making changes and taking small step towards reforming the Vatican,which is long overdue.He may well be the People's Pope!
He is everybodies Pope,indeed,appointed a new secretary of State,numero due in The Vatican last week who will have a fresh and thorough wind blowing through the halls and corridors of the Vatican.He already appointed commissions chaired by his most thrustfull to reform the whole caboodle,including the Curia and the Vatican Bank.Yes,but I wouldn't call that "small" steps Ann...They're huge for an ancient institution as the Holy See,but this Pope has no message to pompous and irrelevant ado....and uses a broom of the sort never seen before within the premises...Great!
Old 09-03-2013, 12:17 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Vatican prepares for first general audience after summer recess

Old 09-03-2013, 11:49 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Never mind if anything is long overdue,we can't turn back time.What matters is he is at it now.And how!

BBC News - Pope Francis names Pietro Parolin as secretary of state

BBC News - Pope Francis starts key reshuffle in top Church ranks
Old 09-04-2013, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

European Church leaders hand Pope Francis collection of children artwork and messages.

Old 09-07-2013, 06:39 AM
Majesty

You can tune in here for the Vigil with Pope Francis this evening in Rome at 19.00PM local time,GMT+1 untill midnight.

Old 09-07-2013, 02:42 PM
Majesty

Vigil for Peace,LIVE STREAM fromSt.Peter Square

Quote:
You can tune in here for the Vigil with Pope Francis this evening in Rome at 19.00PM local time,GMT+1 untill midnight.

It is soo impressive!!If it only would help.
Old 09-12-2013, 01:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
A new ride for Pope Francis

In keeping with who he is and what he believes in and stands for, Pope Francis has accepted a new car from a fellow priest. Amazing man.

Pope Francis Gets A New Car
Old 09-12-2013, 08:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
In keeping with who he is and what he believes in and stands for, Pope Francis has accepted a new car from a fellow priest. Amazing man.

Pope Francis Gets A New Car
It's 20 years old - but new to him. Does anyone know if Vatican residents get Vatican Driving licenses? Italian ones? I was wondering what the lines are like at at his DMV? And do they take bad photos like we do here in the US?

"They are pretty, they are shiny, and they are more fun to look at than the shame that lives inside us all". John Stewart, The Daily Show
Old 09-19-2013, 01:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Pope Francis: Catholic Church could fall like a 'house of cards' - Telegraph
The more this Pope talks the more I like him. I don't always agree with him but I do like his frankness.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
New archeological finds shed new light on St Paul's Basilica

I find this sort of thing fascinating...thanks An Ard Ri!
Old 09-20-2013, 07:52 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/20/wo...20130919&_r=1&

Quote:
Six months into his papacy, Pope Francis sent shock waves through the Roman Catholic church on Thursday with the publication of his remarks that the church had grown “obsessed” with abortion, gay marriage and contraception, and that he had chosen not to talk about those issues despite recriminations from critics.

is surprising comments came in a lengthy interview in which he criticized the church for putting dogma before love, and for prioritizing moral doctrines over serving the poor and marginalized. He articulated his vision of an inclusive church, a “home for all” — which is a striking contrast with his predecessor, Pope Benedict XVI, the doctrinal defender who envisioned a smaller, purer church.
I have to say that he seems to be understanding very clearly what has been the problem for many Western European Catholics for years now. I certainly do not agree with him on everything, but like NGalitzine I do admire him more and more. Though it is too soon to judge it seems that he is exactly what the church needs at this point.

Tags
cardinal jorge mario bergoglio, francis i, pope francis, vatican city state

« Kingdom of Lesotho | - »