The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Other Reigning Houses

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-16-2013, 07:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
"If I would have known you would bring this, I would have give you the one fron San Lorenzo..."
He´s kind of funny, the Pope
he's lovely. seems so down to earth.

i thought i'd clarify that San Lorenzo is a football team in argentina (and presumably the one the pope supports) :)

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 04-16-2013, 01:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

In that BBC article on the reform group, it noted only one of the 8 team members is of the Curia. They won't meet until October. Still - the team composition does seem to send a message.

Someone noted earlier in this Forum that most Curia jobs stay intact as papacies change. Does anyone know the reason for that?

I know the Pope will be naming a new Secretary of State soon and that will bring some change. But given the number and scope of scandals related to the Vatican in recent years, I have wondered why the Church seems to not see other key personnel changes (in the US we often call it cleaning house) as a way to bring some accountability back into the Curia.

This article discusses some of the cardinals rumored to be in the running for the SOS ob.
Looking out for No. 2: Who will be Vatican secretary of state? : The Catholic Sun – News from Phoenix and the World

Old 04-17-2013, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Princess Hussa Al-Sabah, of Kuwait, attended the Pope's weekly general audience.

Saudi King sends message for Pope Francis through ambassador

Old 04-17-2013, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Pope prays for earthquake victims in Iran and Pakistan

Leo Messi sends Pope Francis a soccer jersey

Old 04-19-2013, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

H.H.The Pope meets with the President of Ecuador

Pope Francis welcomes new Portuguese ambassador to the Holy See

Old 04-23-2013, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Vatican Museum Visitors will also be allowed to visit Square Garden

Old 04-26-2013, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Pope Francis welcomes Argentina's Grandmothers of Plaza de Mayo

Vatican says Pope unlikely to visit any other countries in 2013

Old 04-26-2013, 11:36 PM
Majesty

His Holiness Pope Francis conveyed his best wishes and congratulations to the,( soon to be-) new Royal Couple of The Netherlands,Willem-Alexander and Máxima in a personal message.The Pontiff also said he will feel connected with all those in attendance at the special Coronation Mass at the Basilica of St.Nicolas,Amsterdam this sunday.

The Mass will be celebrated by Mgr.Punt and HM The Queen will be represented by HE the Grandmistress of the Court,Mrs.Martine van Loon Labouchère while other members of the Court will also be in attendance.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:22 AM
Majesty

The Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI will return to the Vatican on may 1st and take up residence in the appartment at the monastery.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
His Holiness Pope Francis conveyed his best wishes and congratulations to the,( soon to be-) new Royal Couple of The Netherlands,Willem-Alexander and Máxima in a personal message.The Pontiff also said he will feel connected with all those in attendance at the special Coronation Mass at the Basilica of St.Nicolas,Amsterdam this sunday.

The Mass will be celebrated by Mgr.Punt and HM The Queen will be represented by HE the Grandmistress of the Court,Mrs.Martine van Loon Labouchère while other members of the Court will also be in attendance.
lucien there is going to be a Catholic Coronation Mass for the new King and Queen...did I understand you correctly? This must be a first for the modern day Netherlands. How do the people feel about it? I understand that the official relationship between the Netherlands and the Holy See is a complicated one.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
lucien there is going to be a Catholic Coronation Mass for the new King and Queen...did I understand you correctly? This must be a first for the modern day Netherlands. How do the people feel about it? I understand that the official relationship between the Netherlands and the Holy See is a complicated one.
There's a Coronation Mass being said in their honour in Amsterdam's Basilica of St. Nicholas today but its nothing to do with Tuesday's enthronemet ceremony which is a secular ceremony at the Nieuwe Kerk in Dam Square.St Nicholas's RC Basilica is perhaps Amsterdams most iconic Roman Catholic church.

Nicolaasparochie Amsterdam
Old 04-28-2013, 05:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Vatican Museum Visitors will also be allowed to visit Square Garden

Many years ago, my dear Uncle who had many high ranking Papal Knighthoods took me on a private tour of the Vatican's art collection which is not available to the public. It was a rare treat and one of the great highlights of the trip. He never married, so I was lucky enough to benefit. Now if only I could see Queen Elizabeth's collection, the experience would be complete!
Old 04-28-2013, 10:25 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
There's a Coronation Mass being said in their honour in Amsterdam's Basilica of St. Nicholas today but its nothing to do with Tuesday's enthronemet ceremony which is a secular ceremony at the Nieuwe Kerk in Dam Square.St Nicholas's RC Basilica is perhaps Amsterdams most iconic Roman Catholic church.

Nicolaasparochie Amsterdam
It was a Mass in Honour of Queen Beatrix and to wish the new Royal Couple strength.It was a beautifull Holy Mass with the Bishop,Mgr.Punt of Haarlem,celebrating.HM Queen Beatrix was thanked in all various degrees and the best of wishes to the New Royal Couple were the same.A message from His Holiness Pope Francis was read out in which he conveyed his best wishes for Willem-Alexander and Máxima.

HM Queen Beatrix was represented by Her Grandmistress of the Court,Her Excellency Mrs.Martine van Loon Labouchère,the Grandmaster of HM Court,Mr.Cosijn,was also in attendance as were many other Members of the Court,Parliament,Government and top brass.The church was packed...but no,not a Coronation Mass..allthough in many churches around the country the Coronation Mass,or parts of it,were sung yes.Every church throughout the country payed attention yesterday to the upcoming change on the Throne.The times of denominational disputes are long gone and over and no-one really gives a rats +++,it's medieval.Straint as relations might have been in the past,yes,well,we have a new Pope with a way less frumpy attittude then any of his predecessors and that will set the tune for years to come,thank goodness.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Shimon Peres gives Pope personal invitation to visit Jerusalem

Spokesman: Benedict XVI will likely return to Vatican on May 2

Old 05-01-2013, 09:37 AM

I was quite surprised today to manage to watch the Papal Audience live from Rome. If you have Sky or cable, you'll most likely have access to the EWTN Channel and they broadcast the Wednesday morning audiences. There's no translation but the Vatican has interpreters present who give a summary and parts of the blessing in various languages (Spanish, English, French and German).
Old 05-02-2013, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

H.H.Pope Francis weekly audience at St Peters Square

PPE Agency

Old 05-06-2013, 05:36 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Pope Francis welcomes Lebanese president, Syria and Middle East security on the agenda

Swiss Guard: renewal of the world's smallest army

Old 05-06-2013, 05:39 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Beatification of Maria Cristina of Savoy,Queen of the Two Sicilies

Old 05-08-2013, 09:11 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

New Swiss Guard recruits sworn in at the Vatican

Pope's Brazil schedule released, as Rio gets ready for World Youth Day

Old 05-08-2013, 03:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am argentina and I have to saythis , we are SO pround of our pope!!!! jorge beroglio know like francisco I is a great man, very simple and loverly.I see him in person two times and I was in an mass of him in buenos aires.
He is so so humilde man, he was every day to his workhere in subway. WE Love OUR Francisco I.

Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-

Tags
cardinal jorge mario bergoglio, francis i, pope francis, vatican city state

« Kingdom of Tonga | - »