The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Other Reigning Houses

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-13-2013, 04:37 PM
Heir Apparent

I was wondering about a visit from the Dutch royals myself. That should be such a wonderful occasion.

Old 03-13-2013, 04:38 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Pope on the Falklands issue 30 years ago - Harry's Place » The Pope on the Falklands

Old 03-13-2013, 04:39 PM
Courtier

Yes I can definitely see Maxima and WA visiting the new pope. Pity that she doesn't have "privilège du blanc" though. :-)
Old 03-13-2013, 04:53 PM
Serene Highness

Congratulations to the new Pope and all Christians worldwide. May Pope Francis, the first, be a good leader of Christendom and use his position always for the benefit of people. May God give him a long, successful life.

Old 03-13-2013, 04:56 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

New Pope: Argentinian Jorge Mario Bergoglio, 76, is the new Pope - hellomagazine.com

Cerca - Getty Images IT: VAT: The Conclave Of Cardinals Have Elected A New Pope To Lead The World's Catholics

I really like the new Pope and the name he chose!
Old 03-13-2013, 05:00 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Who is Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio?

Old 03-13-2013, 05:23 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit View Post
Yes I can definitely see Maxima and WA visiting the new pope. Pity that she doesn't have "privilège du blanc" though. :-)
She will be a Catholic Queen as well but I don't suppose it will count as she'll be the wife of a non-catholic King.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:30 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Inauguration Mass for Pope Francis I is scheduled for the feast day of St. Joseph Tuesday, March 19th at 9.30am.

Old 03-13-2013, 05:35 PM
Aristocracy

Surely he is simply Pope Francis, not Pope Francis I? There is no need for an ordinal until such time as there may be a second Pope Francis. Or am I wrong?
Old 03-13-2013, 05:35 PM
Heir Apparent

^^^^
I assume that means his first mass as Pope and not his formal inauguration ceremony.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frideswide View Post
Surely he is simply Pope Francis, not Pope Francis I? There is no need for an ordinal until such time as there may be a second Pope Francis. Or am I wrong?
Seems to depend on personal choice of the new pontiff. I believe JP1st used the ordinal number, but on the Vatican website Francis does not have one and was not announced as Fransis 1st either.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Just saw some very happy people in Buenos Aires on the news!
Old 03-13-2013, 06:10 PM
Courtier

It has just been officially announced by Lombardi that it is just Pope Franciscus and not Pope Franciscus I.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:19 PM
Majesty

He sounded tired and looks old already - I wonder how long he will last? Electing a man in his mid-70s who doesn't look that much younger than the man he has replaced and who has taken on the cares of one of the most corrupt organisations in the world and one that is on the nose in large parts of the world due to the criminal actions of some of its members will only age him faster.

It is sad that the cardinals want to put a man of his age into this position instead of a younger man.

I do think that the rule should be that the elected pope has to be under 70 at election although cardinals can still vote up to 80.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:23 PM
Courtier

I wonder which and how many royals we will see at the inaugural mass of Pope Francis? Luxembourg, Liechtenstein for sure, Spain - Queen Sofia, The PRince & Princess of Asturias, the Belgian Royal Family. Lots of royals i imagine
Old 03-13-2013, 06:30 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
He sounded tired and looks old already - I wonder how long he will last? Electing a man in his mid-70s who doesn't look that much younger than the man he has replaced and who has taken on the cares of one of the most corrupt organisations in the world and one that is on the nose in large parts of the world due to the criminal actions of some of its members.
I totally agree with you. I was expecting Cardinal Scherer to be elect, he's just 63.

We'll see another Conclave within the next 10 years, either by death or resignation.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:31 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Seems to depend on personal choice of the new pontiff. I believe JP1st used the ordinal number
Are you sure? I'm not; but he was only around for a very short time.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:34 PM
Courtier

Profile: New pope, Jesuit Bergoglio, was runner-up in 2005 conclave | National Catholic Reporter

Article with background info on pope Francis.

The Latin Americans are going crazy!
Old 03-13-2013, 07:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire View Post
I totally agree with you. I was expecting Cardinal Scherer to be elect, he's just 63.

We'll see another Conclave within the next 10 years, either by death or resignation.
Given his age and reports that he only has one functioning lung, and the huge problems he will have to start to deal with, I also expect this will be a relatively short papacy. Perhaps VCS should consider opening a home for retired popes.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Given his age and reports that he only has one functioning lung, and the huge problems he will have to start to deal with, I also expect this will be a relatively short papacy. Perhaps VCS should consider opening a home for retired popes.
Maybe Cardinal Scherer still having a chance. This Papacy will be as short as the one of Benedict XVI.

I thought the Cardinals had learnt something.

Tags
cardinal jorge mario bergoglio, francis i, pope francis, vatican city state

« Kingdom of Tonga | - »