Vatican City State: Pope Francis accession/Inauguration & Current Events:March 2013-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He does seem to be more concerned with the Christ, rather than the doctrine of the church. It's quite a breath of fresh air!

This is the kind of positivity that will turn people back to Christianity. Not the hatred stuff.

He does seem to be more concerned with the Christ, rather than the doctrine of the church. It's quite a breath of fresh air!

He darn well is yes indeed!What a man!!More the sheperd and awe inspiring then any of his predecessors since John XXIII.

Vatican: the Holy See

The Pope is to scrap the Vatican Constitution and have a new one written. The plan calls for giving more direct power to local dioceses to make decisions on their own without needing Rome's approval. The Pope will also no longer appoint the head of the Italian Conference of Bishops, thus removing himself and The Vatican from direct involvement in Italian politics.

An extraordinary man,a real sheperd in the Vineyard.Yesterday after Mass at Santa Martha Pope Francis met with the newly appointed Council of (8) Cardinals who will oversee and implement the reforms to be made.

1381416_675439452467662_1929189478_n.jpg

Courtesy Vatican Radio,English Section.

An extraordinary man,a real sheperd in the Vineyard.Yesterday after Mass at Santa Martha Pope Francis met with the newly appointed Council of (8) Cardinals who will oversee and implement the reforms to be made.

Just curious... it states a council of 8 but in the picture there are 9 besides the Pope. Who is the extra man?

All 8 are Cardinals and include Giuseppe Bertello, governor of Vatican City; Francisco Javier Errazuriz Ossa of Santiago, Chile; Oswald Gracias of Mumbai, India; Reinhard Marx of Munich, Germany; Laurent Monsengwo Pasinya of Kinshasa, Congo; O'Malley of Boston, U.S.; George Pell of Sydney, Australia; and Oscar Andres Rodriquez Maradiaga of Tegucigalpa, Honduras.
Archbishop Marcello Semeraro is acting as secretary

All 8 are Cardinals and include Giuseppe Bertello, governor of Vatican City; Francisco Javier Errazuriz Ossa of Santiago, Chile; Oswald Gracias of Mumbai, India; Reinhard Marx of Munich, Germany; Laurent Monsengwo Pasinya of Kinshasa, Congo; O'Malley of Boston, U.S.; George Pell of Sydney, Australia; and Oscar Andres Rodriquez Maradiaga of Tegucigalpa, Honduras.
Archbishop Marcello Semeraro is acting as secretary

Thanks much for the information. :flowers:

Love the sinner, hate the sin. Christianity doesn't teach anything other than that.

LaRae

I am not a Christian, leave alone a Catholic.. Just as an occasional observer, I fing Pope Francis is a bit too leftist.. I guess many Conservatives are not going to appreciate his going out of the way.. JMO..

I'm Jewish, but my paternal grandmother is a staunch and very conservative Catholic, and she's not amused by The Pope's actions.

But I think His Holiness is too much progressive.

I am not a Christian, leave alone a Catholic.. Just as an occasional observer, I fing Pope Francis is a bit too leftist.. I guess many Conservatives are not going to appreciate his going out of the way.. JMO..

Pope Francis is not "leftist", he's a Jesuit, and they're the academic backbone of the Catholic Church- the educated and the educators.

His reforms are also badly needed and are going a long way towards safeguarding the church and protecting it after its reputation was badly damaged.

There is a reason the Jesuit order was suppressed way back when. Most orthodox Catholics are a bit wary of HH Pope Francis...but I think some of the things he says have been taken out of context.

He's already excommunicated at least one Australian priest for his support of things contrary to Church teaching.

Hermione, what I know of it is this, that you are correct that the Pope is not leftist, but is of the academic backbone of the Church, and not wishy washy like some "progressives".
His thought is very "learned" and thus is open to misinterpretation by those who are not themselves learned.
I have had some dealings with Jesuits since college days. My town was heavily Jesuit in staffing the inner city churches. I know their negative side. The Pope, I think, personifies their positive side. I can easily support him. I am no longer an active Catholic (saw too much bad in my earlier life) but I have great sympathy for a man who combines deep learning with humility and the joy of Christ. He has an enormous job and will be opposed. God bless him. He is probably a saint. Some Protestants think he is the "False Prophet" because of his so-called leftist views, but these have been misinterpreted. Huckabee tonight (on his Fox talk show) expressed this perfectly. (Huckabee is a Baptist, and his views are like those of Pope Francis. I supported Huckabee for our President but "money" won the nomination for someone else.)

Last edited:
I didn't mean to imply that leftists are uninformed- on the contrary, most of the leftists I know are passionately involved in civic affairs and quite informed. I just meant that the pope is not a leftist, and he hadn't made any major shifts to church theology, just simple shifts in where the church is focused. If you're paying attention, you'll note he hasn't actually changed any of the church's teachings, he's just suggested that caring for the poor and ministering to the sick is more important than trying to force church orthodoxy on everyone.

I didn't mean to imply that leftists are uninformed- on the contrary, most of the leftists I know are passionately involved in civic affairs and quite informed. I just meant that the pope is not a leftist, and he hadn't made any major shifts to church theology, just simple shifts in where the church is focused. If you're paying attention, you'll note he hasn't actually changed any of the church's teachings, he's just suggested that caring for the poor and ministering to the sick is more important than trying to force church orthodoxy on everyone.

That is what I find so refreshing and admirable about this Pope as opposed to his 2 immediate predecessors who seemed more concerned about peoples private lives than the lives of those in need in the world. Francis talks in more positive terms about people while JPII and Benedict XVI spoke more about negatives.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-24391800

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/rel...ys-Church-must-rid-itself-of-worldliness.html

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2013/...ying-of-contentious-social-issues/?hpt=hp_bn1

I wonder how far he will be allowed to go in his reforms in order to achieve a poor church for poor people.

Last edited:
That is what I find so refreshing and admirable about this Pope as opposed to his 2 immediate predecessors who seemed more concerned about peoples private lives than the lives of those in need in the world. Francis talks in more positive terms about people while JPII and Benedict XVI spoke more about negatives.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-24391800

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/the-pope/10357688/Pope-Francis-says-Church-must-rid-itself-of-worldliness.html

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2013/10/04/american-catholics-back-popes-downplaying-of-contentious-social-issues/?hpt=hp_bn1

I wonder how far he will be allowed to go in his reforms in order to achieve a poor church for poor people.
I agree totally and feel he will be one of the greatest popes of our time.

1379330_606970002700354_43361069_n.jpg

" The secret of Christian living is love"...Pope Francis.

Our man at it again this morning!What a total breath of fresh air he is!!:flowers:

" The secret of Christian living is love"...Pope Francis.

Our man at it again this morning!What a total breath of fresh air he is!!:flowers:

Indeed what a tremendous improvement over the last two popes. Now if we could get him on the page of ordaining women as priests he would be perfect!

Indeed what a tremendous improvement over the last two popes. Now if we could get him on the page of ordaining women as priests he would be perfect!

Honestly I see the RCC permitting married men to become parish priests (Like the Orthodox churches) before ordaining women.

IMVHO John Paul II and Benedict had very different focuses during their respective Papacies. JPII was obviously influenced by his life under Nazi and Communist rule and understood how the people's lives were affected when living under dictatorships. He played a pivotal role in ending Communist control in Eastern Europe during his decades long reign. Benedict always seemed to be the "caretaker" who understood that his reign would be short.

I'm happy to see Pope Francis taking on the challenges facing the currently facing the RCC and the world as he sees it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom