Vatican City State: Pope Francis accession/Inauguration & Current Events:March 2013-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree Pranter. It's disgusting. Indulgences aren't "offered" as if they were aperitifs at some cocktail party. Instead of taking the time to educate themselves the Guardian would rather publish information in a manner that promotes misunderstanding.

Last edited:
I think it safe to say Pope Francis,in his short Pontificate,already has done more,said more,and inspired more then any of his acclaimed predecessors!The most remarkeble man in one of the most vulnerable posts on earth solely caused a u-turn in to how the world views The Vatican and lives the Gospel,not just preaching it.

I think it safe to say Pope Francis,in his short Pontificate,already has done more,said more,and inspired more then any of his acclaimed predecessors!The most remarkeble man in one of the most vulnerable posts on earth solely caused a u-turn in to how the world views The Vatican and lives the Gospel,not just preaching it.

I totally agree with you on this. The most amazing part is that the changes and views changed were not by major acts of reform or grand elaborate councils and symposiums or synods but with him being simply himself and actually living the Prayer of St Francis of Assisi.

I totally agree with you on this. The most amazing part is that the changes and views changed were not by major acts of reform or grand elaborate councils and symposiums or synods but with him being simply himself and actually living the Prayer of St Francis of Assisi.

Indeed Osipi!!! It all started with the most simple;"Buona sera"...that set the tone and style then and there and the world was moved and in awe,and still is.

His Holiness this morning at Mass at Santa Martha's.
Last sunday Pope Francis called for a worldwide day of prayer and fasting for Syria this coming sunday

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes I'd agree with you there,he seems to be making changes and taking small step towards reforming the Vatican,which is long overdue.He may well be the People's Pope!

Yes I'd agree with you there,he seems to be making changes and taking small step towards reforming the Vatican,which is long overdue.He may well be the People's Pope!

He is everybodies Pope,indeed,appointed a new secretary of State,numero due in The Vatican last week who will have a fresh and thorough wind blowing through the halls and corridors of the Vatican.He already appointed commissions chaired by his most thrustfull to reform the whole caboodle,including the Curia and the Vatican Bank.Yes,but I wouldn't call that "small" steps Ann...They're huge for an ancient institution as the Holy See,but this Pope has no message to pompous and irrelevant ado....and uses a broom of the sort never seen before within the premises...Great!

Last edited by a moderator:
A new ride for Pope Francis

In keeping with who he is and what he believes in and stands for, Pope Francis has accepted a new car from a fellow priest. Amazing man.

Pope Francis Gets A New Car

In keeping with who he is and what he believes in and stands for, Pope Francis has accepted a new car from a fellow priest. Amazing man.

Pope Francis Gets A New Car

It's 20 years old - but new to him. Does anyone know if Vatican residents get Vatican Driving licenses? Italian ones? I was wondering what the lines are like at at his DMV? And do they take bad photos like we do here in the US? ;)

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/20/w...-and-abortion.html?emc=edit_na_20130919&_r=1&

Six months into his papacy, Pope Francis sent shock waves through the Roman Catholic church on Thursday with the publication of his remarks that the church had grown “obsessed” with abortion, gay marriage and contraception, and that he had chosen not to talk about those issues despite recriminations from critics.

is surprising comments came in a lengthy interview in which he criticized the church for putting dogma before love, and for prioritizing moral doctrines over serving the poor and marginalized. He articulated his vision of an inclusive church, a “home for all” — which is a striking contrast with his predecessor, Pope Benedict XVI, the doctrinal defender who envisioned a smaller, purer church.

I have to say that he seems to be understanding very clearly what has been the problem for many Western European Catholics for years now. I certainly do not agree with him on everything, but like NGalitzine I do admire him more and more. Though it is too soon to judge it seems that he is exactly what the church needs at this point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom