The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Other Reigning Houses

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-17-2013, 10:26 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Can you post any official statements by (then Cardinal) pope Francis where he says he has no problem with civil unions between homosexuals or homosexuals adopting children?
Everything I've been able to find so far indicates the opposite.
First, thank you all for your kind words.
I think I wasn't clear enough due to my bad English, I'm sorry. He was in favour of civil unions back in 2002, when the civil union project was approved by the City of Buenos Aires.
At the same time, he is against homosexuals adopting children because he thinks it is a form of discrimination agains't the children since they won't be allowed to grow up having both a father and a mother (which is, thankfully, a position that most of the argentinians think is idiotic and outdated).
As far as official statements go, you won't find any. He didn't like to give interviews (you'll find 5 or 7 at the most since he was appointed archbishop of Buenos Aires) and, while in favour of civil unions, he didn't make any official statements since he knew the official position of the church in that aspect.
What I did find were some statements (only in Spanish, sorry) made by the people that talked with him about the subject when the civil union project was about to be approved by the parliament of the City of Buenos Aires.

“Bergoglio es de una gran apertura dentro de la Iglesia” | Internacional | EL PAÍS

Las polticas que buscaban consejo en el Papa Francisco - ABC.es

http://www.infonews.com/2013/03/14/p...no-en-roma.php

Old 03-17-2013, 10:43 PM
Courtier

Not a problem I have a SIL from South America, she can translate for me.

I thought as much though, nothing directly from pope Francis that I can find anywhere...at this point I'm not willing to accept that is his position based on second hand info. We've seen stuff like this before from/about Church officials and their positions and they turn out to not be exactly accurate.

I'll wait and see what he does and says now....but thanks for the reply!

Old 03-17-2013, 11:12 PM
Commoner

No problem :)

Since you have someone that can translate Spanish for you, you might like to peruse this: Clarín | Suplemento Especial - El Papa del fin del mundo
It's a special supplement made by an argentinian newspaper about the pope. It pretty much puts into paper what we argentinians already know about our archbishop of Buenos Aires (well..ex-archbishop now I guess :P) plus a few new things about his early history, but I guess it can be a good source of information for the rest of the world about the pope.

By the way, sure, it's second hand info. But, in my opinion, it's the truth. Back in 2002, as I remember, his silence spoke volumes. More so when in 2010 he opposed the civil marriage law, since many of us realised that, had he been against civil unions, he would not have hesitated to say so 8 years before.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:49 AM
Majesty

This man captures everyone by his simplicity,openness,humour and off the cuff remarks..."Hey,I'm not promoting the books of my Cardinals hey.."...LOL... The man is like a breath of fresh air at a place where that was needed most!!!

Here in The Netherlands tuesdays Inauguration of HH Pope Francis will be aired starting at 09.00AM local time till 13.00PM on Ned2, GMT+1. Germany's ZDF has very much the same times.

St.Peter Square and the Via della Conciliazione yesterday,packed with an estimate 150.000

http://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=1462975

courtesy anp
Old 03-18-2013, 02:17 AM
Royal Highness

Pope Francis is almost as joyfully and universally accepted as Barack Obama was when he came into office-hopefully he will have better luck than the US president and take the right steps to lead the church into the 21st century and give it a human attitude.
I thoroughly enjoyed his speech,he has a refreshing,candid way of talking that I find very good to listen to.
. Helen Keller
Old 03-18-2013, 10:38 AM
Royal Highness

According the princely palace of monaco, the prince Albert of monaco and the princess Charlene of Monaco will be present to morrow

http://www.facebook.com/palaismonaco
Old 03-18-2013, 11:18 AM
Royal Highness

Some more details of Royals attending the inauguration

Hello magazine
Old 03-18-2013, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

So far we have

T.M.The King and Queen of Belgium
TRH The Grand Duke and Duchess of Luxembourg
TRH The Prince and Princess of Asturias
TRH The Prince of Orange and Crown Princess Maxima
TRH The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester
TSH The Prince and Princess of Monaco

I wonder if Liechtenstein,Sweden,Norway or Denmark will send anyone?

Of the non reigning houses,we might see some Italian,Portuguese,French,German and Austrian royals.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:37 PM
Majesty

The Patriarch Bartholomew,leader of the Eastern-Orthodox Church will attend the Popes Inauguration tomorrow.It will be the first time since the Eastern Schism in 1154 that a Patriarch will attend this ceremony.

An indication the present Pontiff wishes to further improve relations between other denominations.Greek Orthodox hymns will be sung during tomorrows ceremony.Also representatives of the Jewish-,Islam-,Buddhism-,Sikh- and Jain communities will be in attendance.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:52 PM
Royal Highness

I read he in his own understanding of being the "bishop of Rome" already contacted the Jewish and Muslim communities of Rome in order to introduce himself as the new Catholic "collegue". And of course mentioning Cardinal Walter Kaspar in his first Angelus-speech was an important point because it is known that he is close friends with Kasper who was the Catholic head of mission for for the wording of the ocumenical creed.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:52 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I read that last night,that's such a major step between the Eastern Church and Rome!
Old 03-18-2013, 01:16 PM
Serene Highness

There are some talks, here in Brazil, that someone from the Imperial Family will attend.

As Prince Luiz, the Head of the Imperial House, isn't very well, he'll, probably, send his brother and heir, Prince Bertrand, the Prince Imperial, or maybe Prince Antônio and Princess Christine.

Or, maybe, the Lignes will attend, representing the Imperial Family.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe, banned from traveling most places, apparently has a pass to attend tomorrow.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

H.H.The Pope gives Argentine president book about Church Social Doctrine

Laughs and good mood for meeting between Pope and Argentine president

Old 03-18-2013, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The title of this thread is 'Pope Francis accession, inauguration: March 2013' and not personal opinions on the Catholic Church or the Pope.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:10 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
So far we have

T.M.The King and Queen of Belgium
TRH The Grand Duke and Duchess of Luxembourg
TRH The Prince and Princess of Asturias
TRH The Prince of Orange and Crown Princess Maxima
TRH The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester
TSH The Prince and Princess of Monaco

I wonder if Liechtenstein,Sweden,Norway or Denmark will send anyone?

Of the non reigning houses,we might see some Italian,Portuguese,French,German and Austrian royals.
The duke of Parma will also attend the ceremony.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:11 PM
Royal Highness

An Ard Ri, could you be more specific regarding "personal opinions about the Pope"? Can observations and references be made about him or is it restricted to the technical aspects of the papal accession and inauguration?
Thanks
Old 03-18-2013, 06:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
An Ard Ri, could you be more specific regarding "personal opinions about the Pope"? Can observations and references be made about him or is it restricted to the technical aspects of the papal accession and inauguration?
Thanks
Further to this question, is there a thread where these aspects can be discussed, or is the preference not to get into a serious religious debate - and the potential issues that can bring?

EDIT: (sorry hit button too soon). My view is this site is not for religious discussion etc. This is a Royal website and should stay as such.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-18-2013, 06:45 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
Thanks
If ever in doubt the Forum rules should act as your guide for posting,remember this is not a religious forum and really this thread should be about the current Pope's current events.So long as posts don't go off topic and don't turn into a religious debate as they can turn nasty.This forum is not the place for such discussions.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ork&page=rules

Posting
Threads should remain on topic. If you wish to conduct a private conversation with another poster, please do so via the private message system or the chat room. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.
Insulting comments about other posters and royals are not permitted. Criticism is acceptable; insults and flames are not. We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
Whenever possible, opinions should be based on factual information obtained from reputable sources and should be backed up by references to those sources. The moderators reserve the right to delete posts containing the more fanciful types of gossip and speculation, whether they originate in gossip magazines and websites or are simply fabricated.
Posts where members claim to be related to a royal or noble family may be deleted at the discretion of the moderators since we are unable to substantiate such claims.
Threads and posts containing information already posted will be deleted, edited, or merged at the discretion of the moderators; empty posts containing irrelevant short exclamations or comments will be deleted.
Discussion of other forums and websites should be limited to royal-related content. We do not allow criticism of other forums or continuation of disagreements that started elsewhere.
Political and religious content is permitted only in association with the royal-related topics of the threads.
Threads and posts that violate the rules will be deleted or edited. However, the real-time nature of the board means that moderators may not see the offending posts immediately. We reserve the right to delete or edit posts without notice at any time after they are posted.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:51 PM
Serene Highness

Seems that Princess Amélia will be representing the Brazilian Imperial Family tomorrow.

Tags
cardinal jorge mario bergoglio, francis i, pope francis, vatican city state