The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Other Reigning Houses

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 03:17 AM
Commoner

La grande-duchesse Maria Vladimirovna de Russie et son fils le grand-duc Georges ont effectu un voyage dans les Pouilles en Italie. Ils ont ensuite t reus par le Pape Benot XVI au Vatican lors d’une audience prive.

La grande-duchesse Maria de Russie reue par le Pape | Noblesse & Royauts

Записки легитимиста - Паломничество Главы *оссийского Императорского Дома в Бари и встреча с Папой *имским

Old 12-22-2010, 12:11 PM
Courtier

The pope seems really tired

Old 01-14-2011, 08:08 AM
Majesty

The Vatican announced today that His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI decreed that his predecessor,
the late Pope John Paul II,will be Beatified in a ceremony at the Saint Peter Basilica on sunday may 1st.

BBC News - Pope paves way to beatification of John Paul II
Old 02-06-2011, 01:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Vatican has confirmed that Pope Benedict XVI is no longer an organ donor because his body, along with his soul, belongs to the church. - UPI

The Catholic News Agency, CNA, Sunday said the confirmation came from Archbishop Zygmunt Zimowski, who is considered the Vatican's health minister, who told Italy's La Repubblica the pope's body must remain intact because it "belongs to and for the church."
CNA said a Feb. 5 letter from Benedict's secretary to a German doctor explained that while the pontiff had indeed held an organ donor card since the 1970s, his donor status expired when he became pope.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

HH the Pope Benedict XVI has granted Russia's President Dmitry Medvedev and first lady Svetlana Medvedeva a private audience at the Vatican February 17, 2011.
Medvedev is on a two-day visit to Italy.
Reuters gallery via daylife
Old 04-16-2011, 05:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Happy Birthday to His Holiness, Pope Benedict XVI!
Old 04-16-2011, 06:39 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Happy Birthday to The Holy Father.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Pope John Paul II blessed in Rome on 01 May 2011

In our newspaper I read to-day that the King and the Queen of the Belgians will to to Rome for Pope John Paul Ii and Philippe and Mathilde to London for the wedding.
Prince Charles and Camilla's wedding was on friday 8 April and was reported the day after because of Pope John Paul II 's funerals in Rome .
I suppose that the Catholic Monarchs such as The King and the Queen of Spain,
Grand Duke Henri and his wife , Prince Albert II of Monaco and his fiancee and the Princes of Liechtenstein will do the same
Old 04-18-2011, 07:36 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
In our newspaper I read to-day that the King and the Queen of the Belgians will to to Rome for Pope John Paul Ii and Philippe and Mathilde to London for the wedding.
Prince Charles and Camilla's wedding was on friday 8 April and was reported the day after because of Pope John Paul II 's funerals in Rome .
I suppose that the Catholic Monarchs such as The King and the Queen of Spain,
Grand Duke Henri and his wife , Prince Albert II of Monaco and his fiancee and the Princes of Liechtenstein will do the same
The Prince & Princess of Asturias will represent Spain at the beatification of the late Pope John Paul II .

Prince and Princess of Asturias will attend the beatification of John Paul II
Old 04-18-2011, 07:48 AM
Courtier

I'm a little bit late, but Happy birthday to the Holy Father. May God bless him.

Old 04-18-2011, 08:01 AM
Heir Apparent

The beatification will take place on 1 May, not 29 April.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

A mistake of our newspaper
Could someone of the moderator team correct the title of the thread ?
Sorry about that - Maria-Olvia
Old 04-18-2011, 09:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
The Prince & Princess of Asturias will represent Spain at the beatification of the late Pope John Paul II .

Prince and Princess of Asturias will attend the beatification of John Paul II
This promises to be a beautiful and moving ceremony and I can't wait to see it.

Letizia looks absolutely STUNNING in that link you provided...she wears traditional Spanish headress/mantilla like few other women...just gorgeous!
Old 04-20-2011, 07:51 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Apparently some in Belgium think that the royals and the prime minister should stay away all together due to the lack of response of the Vatican towards the confessions of former bisshop Vangheluwe that he sexually abused two of his nephews and thought nothing wrong of it (and still does not). Today it is reported that another supposed victim of Vangheluwe commited suicide later in his life.
The bishoprics in Belgium reportedly can not cope with the number of people who want to end their membership of the church. And a clear signal of the Vatican has not been sent yet, though prime minister Leterme expects one very soon.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Marengo ,
The King and the Queen of the Belgians are going as Catholic Monarchs on May 1st .
This has nothing to do with the sad Van G. affair.

Do you know that for the "droit canon" it is impossible to dismiss a Bisschop. They are waiting which solution Rome will find and only at that time Monseigneur Leonard will speak to the press.
The King of the Belgians is not Head of the Church
What difficult days for Belgium...
Old 04-20-2011, 10:41 AM
Heir Apparent

The King and Queen are both devout Catholics, who met and admired the late John Paul II.

The situation with the Church in Belgium is appalling and tragic, but I disagree that the correct response is to snub the beatification ceremonies for the late pontiff who was loved and admired by many for his saintly and heroic life.

On a personal level, I think any cleric guilty of this type of abuse should be treated like any common criminal and prosecuted to the strictest extent of the law. This Vangheluwe should be defrocked pronto and maybe even sent to prison...I have read about him and he sickens me.

And I say this as a committed Catholic myself.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Moonmaiden , I think in Rome they need your help !
What about snubbing the beatification as our Monarchs will be in the assistance and I presume our Queen in white ?
Old 04-20-2011, 12:43 PM
Courtier

I agree with you, Moonmaiden.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Moonmaiden , I think in Rome they need your help !
What about snubbing the beatification as our Monarchs will be in the assistance and I presume our Queen in white ?
I don't think Their Majesties should interfere in the situation publically at all. I DO think the other Belgian bishops should urgently press the Holy See to deal with this crisis as soon as possible...before the Church becomes even more weakened and demoralized than it is already.

I think the Pope wants to wait until after the beatification to keep the focus on some much needed positive news for a change...hopefully he will address the matter of the disgusting pedophile bishop immediately after.

What a sad, sordid mess..my sympathies and prayers to all of Belgium.
Old 04-24-2011, 01:29 AM
Majesty

The Pontiff lead the Holy Easter Vigil at St.Peter's Basilica,Rome last night.

ANP Beeldbank

The Pontiff Blessed the City of Rome and the World,Urbi et Orbi:

ANP Beeldbank

Christ has Risen!Christos Anesti!

The Resurrection,the very essence and inspiration of our Faith.

A Happy and Peacefull Easter to all!

Tags
catholic church, catholicism, pope, pope benedict xvi, vatican