Vatican City State: Pope Benedict XVI, January 2006 - February 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill Maher doesn't say that because he's a "secular humanist," he says it because he's Bill Maher.

Here's a page - scanned from CHI mag - of the Pope celebrating his 81th birthday in NYC

CHI

Pope Benedict XVI was the guest of the French Republic today. His holiness will stay in France for 4 days and will attend the Lourdes celebrations.

Welcome ceremony At the Orly Airport with The President and Madame Bruni Sarkozy

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Arrival at the Elysee palace

Exchange of gifts

Departure

Mass at the Notre Dame Cathedral

Why aren't the excommunications being reinstated? This kind of dents the infalability issue doesn't it?

Why aren't the excommunications being reinstated? This kind of dents the infalability issue doesn't it?

For Catholics, the Pope is infallible only when he speaks ex cathedra (very rarely).

Lucien, I read the aticle again and I still dont see where it explains why the excommunications are not being reinstated. Perhaps you could highlight it for me? It says that in the future the vatican will be more thorough.

Lucien, I read the aticle again and I still dont see where it explains why the excommunications are not being reinstated. Perhaps you could highlight it for me? It says that in the future the vatican will be more thorough.

The ex-communications were lifted to prevent the ultra-conservative Pius X group to further drift away from "Rome",now,they are under close scrutiny of The Vatican.

Meanwhile in Cameroon:

ANP Beeldbank

courtesy Royalimages.

It seems to me that the Pope should be disassociating the Church from that group, not bringing it closer. Welcoming back a vocal Holocaust denier, dents the Mainstream Church's image.

This Pope is a bright fellow, but somehow has let doctrine overshadow the true problems in Africa with AIDS, condeming condoms and opening the door to these reprehensible history deniers. They might as well go back to the earth is the center of the universe. Denying the Holocaust is denying history, that is factual and sustainable to men who believe in myths and lies.

Especially ridiculous was the denier saying he refused to visit Auschwitz or any of the other Concentration Camps that he denys existed. I mean really....

Especially ridiculous was the denier saying he refused to visit Auschwitz or any of the other Concentration Camps that he denys existed. I mean really....

True.How can one possibly deny this:

ANP Beeldbank

Tomorrow,april 11th,it will be 64 years since the concentration camp Buchenwald was liberated by the americans.

Mind you,I do not consider these images graphic at all,they are not graphic enough as no lesson´s have been learned since.

Watch them,to never let that happen again.

Yes, indeed Lucien. I completely agree. One would hope that 'mankind' would have learned it's lesson, but sadly not, as genocide continues all over the world right up to this second.

His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI celebrates his 82nd birthday today.

Happy Birthday to His Holiness!

His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI sets off for his middle-east trip today.First stop is Amman,Jordan
where the Pontiff will hold talks with King Abdullah before he visits places linked to the life of Christ.

HH will also visit Palestine,Bethlehem ao.

On monday he is expected in Jerusalum.

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Pope begins Mid-East pilgrimage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom