Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Other Reigning Houses

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 04:38 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdarlene
Is the Pope left hand? Because his handwriting it's seems to be from a lef hand person
Interesting question, tdarlene! Unfortunatly I don't know if the Pope is left hand or not, but maybe some member expert in graphology can tell us, I'm interested to know it! :)

Old 05-31-2006, 05:13 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm not graphology expert. You can write with this or that hand and it could look that you're f.ex. left hand when you really are right hand. It depend of that how you hold your pen during writing. But good expert can recognize that.

About the Pope he is right hand. Photos #71071212, 71071203
http://editorial.gettyimages.com/sou...%7c0&p=1&tag=1

or photos #71064982, 71064941
http://editorial.gettyimages.com/sou...%7c0&p=1&tag=1

Old 06-26-2006, 11:21 PM
Aristocracy

Philippine President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo had an audience with Pope Benedict XVI at the Vatican ,26 June 2006.

From Profimedia

Old 06-26-2006, 11:28 PM
Aristocracy

Philippine President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo had an audience with Pope Benedict XVI at the Vatican ,26 June 2006.

From Getty

Old 07-11-2006, 09:32 AM
Heir Apparent

LES COMBES, ITALY - JULY 11: Pope Benedict XVI touches a child upon his arrival at his summer retreat in the Italian Alps where he will spend his summer holiday on July 11, 2006 in Les Combes, Italy. The pontiff will remain in Les Combes until July 28

from getty

Old 07-14-2006, 06:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Pope Benedict XVI Spend His Holidays in Val D'Aosta

from getty

Old 07-28-2006, 03:58 PM
Heir Apparent

New images of Pope Benedict XVI from the holidays in Val D'Aosta
getty

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 08-13-2006, 05:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Pope Benedict XVI holds his Sunday Angelus-prayer, from a window of the Pontiff's summer residence in Castelgandolfo 13 August 2006. The Pontiff said that the "holiday weather should not make us forget the serious conflict in the Middle East."

source - getty
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 09-04-2006, 02:06 AM
Aristocracy

The Pope of Rome isn't royalty,as the Popedom of Rome is an elective monarchy.The current Pope of Rome is an extremely controversial figure because of his membership of the Hitler Youth,& not popular with a lot of people,especially the Protestants of Northern Ireland & members of the Anglican & Lutheran Churches,as he gave a speech back in 2000 in which he described Protestants,especially Anglicans & Lutherans as 'deficient'.

Aidan.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Pope to take stroll down memory lane in Germany

Pope Benedict takes a trip down memory lane this weekend, going home to his roots in Germany's Catholic heartland of Bavaria to visit the places that influenced him as a young man.

The Sept 9-14 trip, his second to Germany in little more than a year, also gives him a chance to launch a European-wide appeal for the continent to rediscover a traditional faith that he feels is increasingly threatened by secularisation

http://asia.news.yahoo.com/060907/3/2pjsg.html
Old 09-07-2006, 08:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalist0007
The Pope of Rome isn't royalty,as the Popedom of Rome is an elective monarchy.The current Pope of Rome is an extremely controversial figure because of his membership of the Hitler Youth,& not popular with a lot of people,especially the Protestants of Northern Ireland & members of the Anglican & Lutheran Churches,as he gave a speech back in 2000 in which he described Protestants,especially Anglicans & Lutherans as 'deficient'.
Where did it say that the Pope was Royalty? No one has said that. I think the fact that he is the head of the Vatican gives him as much right to be on this forum as anyone else, whether you like him or not!

Secondly, in regard to you brining up his Hitler Youth (HJ) membership. In the March of 1939 a law was passed effectively conscripting all eligible youth into the Hitler youth organisations. The Pope was one of the 4 million who managed to evade joining the organisation up until that point, and was forced to join along with many others. What parent is going to risk having their children taken away and put in orphanages (or worse) by disobeying? I don't know why people always bring up him being in HJ. It doesn't mean he was a Nazi. Everyone had to join whether they liked it or not. If he really was a Nazi and his parents were too, don't you think they would have placed the Pope in the Deutsches Jungvolk (for younger boys from 10-14)?

Thirdly, you can’t just make comments without supporting your claims with evidence. Do you have a link for this ‘deficient’ comment? It’s not enough just to say he said it, but you need to know the context in which it was written. It may have a completely different meaning. And, the majority of Protestants in Northern Ireland do not like the Catholics anyway, not just for religious regions, but for their politics (the Catholics are predominately Nationalists and the Protestants are mainly Unionists). So of course the Pope isn’t going to popular with the Protestants in Northern Ireland.

Old 09-09-2006, 12:17 AM
Aristocracy

Danielle,here's a link; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theolog...e_Benedict_XVI .

I hope that will answer some of your questions.

Aidan.
Old 09-09-2006, 06:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Visit to Bavaria, Germany, Day 1

1.- Pope Benedict XVI greets as he arrives at the Munich airport 09 September 2006 welcomed by German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Bavarian state Premier Edmund Steuber.

2.- Pope Benedict XVI acknowledges to the believers 09 September 2006 in Munich

3.- Pope Benedict XVI meets German President Horst Koehler 09 September 2006 at the State Residence in Munich

4.- Pope Benedict XVI and German Chancellor Angela Merkel pose 09 September 2006 in Munich

5.- Pope Benedict XVI arrives in his Popemobile at the archbishop palace for his pastoral visit to his native Bavaria on September 9, 2006 in Munich, Germany

From getty

More images

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/sou...%7c0&p=7&tag=1
Old 09-10-2006, 06:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Day 2

1.- Munich, GERMANY: Believers attend a mass led by Pope Benedict XVI 10 September 2006 in Munich. The Pope warned that the modern world was becoming "deaf" to God's message as he spoke to up to 250,000 people

2.- MUNICH, GERMANY - SEPTEMBER 10: Pope Benedict XVI waves from the balcony of the archiepiscopal palace Munich. (4)

3.- MUNICH, GERMANY - SEPTEMBER 10: Pope Benedict XVI greets believers who are waiting for his departure in front of the Cathedral Church of Our Lady (Frauenkirche) on September 10, 2006 in Munich, Germany

From getty

Old 09-11-2006, 06:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Day 3
The third day of the pope's visit to Bavaria takes him to Germany's holiest shrines in Altoetting, the village of Marktl am Inn, where he was born as Joseph Ratzinger, and in the evening to Regensburg, where he once taught theology.

1.- Pope Benedict XVI prays at the Gnadenkapelle 11 September 2006 in Altoetting
2.- ALTOETTING, GERMANY-SEPTEMBER 11: Pope Benedict XVI leads an open-air mass in the historic pilgrimage destination of Altoetting on the third day of his six day visit in Bavaria September 11, 2006 in Altoetting, Germany
3.-Pope Benedict XVI carries the Monstrance after finishing the holy mass during his pastoral visit to his native Bavaria on the chapel square on September 11, 2006 in Altoetting, Germany.
4.-MARKTL AM INN, Germany: Pope Benedict XVI inspects the so-called Benedict Column in front of his birth house in Marktl am Inn 11 September 2006
5.-Marktl am Inn, Germany: Pope Benedict XVI talks to his elder brother Georg Ratzinger (R) in Marktl's St Oswald Church 11 September 2006

From getty

Old 09-13-2006, 12:53 PM
Heir Apparent

REGENSBURG, EUROPA - SEPTEMBER 13: Pope Benedict XVI (R) and his brother Georg Ratzinger pray at the grave of their parents on September 13, 2006 in Regensburg, Germany. Aside from the official program, this day has been marked private and scheduled above all as a day for the Pope to meet his brother, Apostolic Protonotary Georg Ratzinger, who lives in Regensburg. Apart from only one official appointment, the blessing of a new organ in the Old Chapel in Regensburg, Pope Benedict XVI visited the cemetery and the adjacent St. Josef church near Pentling where he once lived and where his parents and his sister Maria are buried in the cemetery

from getty

Old 10-16-2006, 09:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Pope confirms Turkey trip

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/60A7920D-97D4-46F8-BF7E-88F30FE6BBD4.htm
Old 04-05-2007, 03:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Pope Benedict XVI washes the feet of a faithful at the start of the Paschal Triduum Mass of the Last Supper at the St. John in Lateran Basilica, Rome, Thursday, 05 April 2007. The Pontiff washed and dried the feet of 12 men at the traditional Holy Thursday service.

The Pope
The Pope 2
Gallery of pictures from Isifa
Old 06-07-2007, 11:37 PM
Aristocracy

Pope Benedict gave an audience to President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo
of the Philippines 04Jun 2007

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/7439...A26ABD7CA2F82D

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/7439...3C5273B133D07C

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/7439...B6123D570F95A6

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/7439...FEE5AE3B12703F
Old 11-06-2007, 11:06 AM
Heir Apparent

King Abdullah Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (R) with Pope Benedict XVI (R) during their meeting in Vatican, 06 November 2007. Saudi Arabia

http://www.isifa.com/photo/preview/15762225.jpg

Gallery

Fotobanka isifa image service

Tags
catholic church, catholicism, pope, pope benedict xvi, vatican