The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Other Reigning Houses

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 11:57 PM
Royal Highness

In any event, I have read that he will not only be known as Pope Emeritus, he will remain at the Vatican, wear papal robes and share the same secretary as the new pope. What could possibly go wrong?

Old 03-03-2013, 12:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
In any event, I have read that he will not only be known as Pope Emeritus, he will remain at the Vatican, wear papal robes and share the same secretary as the new pope. What could possibly go wrong?
Yes, he will still wear white but he will not be wearing the red shoes of the Pope. I read also that his secretary is going with him but its supposed that the newly elected Pope will appoint his own secretary.

I really think though that remaining in the Vatican is his own personal choice. He wants to live in relative seclusion and focus on his books and such and it really doesn't have too much to do with the question of being arrested. He wants a quiet life with those close to him around him such as his brother. This makes sense to me as there will be many among the people that will still see him and look to him as if he was still Pope. I really don't believe that staying within the Vatican has anything to do with anything other than his own personal wishes.

Then again, I may be wrong.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:35 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Yes, he will still wear white but he will not be wearing the red shoes of the Pope. I read also that his secretary is going with him but its supposed that the newly elected Pope will appoint his own secretary.

I really think though that remaining in the Vatican is his own personal choice. He wants to live in relative seclusion and focus on his books and such and it really doesn't have too much to do with the question of being arrested. He wants a quiet life with those close to him around him such as his brother. This makes sense to me as there will be many among the people that will still see him and look to him as if he was still Pope. I really don't believe that staying within the Vatican has anything to do with anything other than his own personal wishes.

Then again, I may be wrong.

Of course 'his own personal wishes' could include not having to face criminal or civil suit elsewhere - I doubt that anyone would 'personally wish' to be arrested.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:35 AM
Heir Apparent

For such an "unpopular" and "unloved" Pope as I keep reading Benedict XVI is (in the secular media at least) that was an astonishingly huge and emotional throng at St. Peter's on Wednesday. And quite a few in the crowd looked very young.

His final address at the general audience was graceful, moving and deeply spiritual, particularly when he described himself as simply a pilgrim who is nearing the end of his life's journey.

And even though Roger Cardinal Mahoney did indeed fall under a cloud in the Archdiocese of Los Angeles because of his response-or lack of- to the sex abuse allegations against some priests, he was not "forced out" at all. He reached the obligatory age(75 I think) that reguires all bishops to submit their resignations to the Pope and Benedict XVI accepted it. Just as he has done in the cases of bishops who have not been tainted by scandal.

The BBC needs to get it's facts straight.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:03 AM
Courtier

IF and it is really a big IF any authorities require informations by Benedikt he will give it to them. There is no need that he is arrested. And why he should be arrested for deeds done by others who are still living happily as ever somebody has yet to explain to me. This is all just poor speculation on part of certain medias and not serious journalism based on facts. We also have cases of pedophilia commited by priests here in Austria but nobody helds Ratzinger responsible. Every court deals with the real culprits if they are still alive.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:20 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit View Post
IF and it is really a big IF any authorities require informations by Benedikt he will give it to them. There is no need that he is arrested. And why he should be arrested for deeds done by others who are still living happily as ever somebody has yet to explain to me. This is all just poor speculation on part of certain medias and not serious journalism based on facts. We also have cases of pedophilia commited by priests here in Austria but nobody helds Ratzinger responsible. Every court deals with the real culprits if they are still alive.
He is not in a position any longer to give any info on anything other then his works as an author.This arest nonsense is quiet enough now and only shows the specific posters don't really have a clue on facts.Never mind that,one can always learn by reading and listening,provided one does.

The certain media's mentioned,including the once great BBC and the always hideous FOX...,are reduced to the rags they are and nothing else
Old 03-03-2013, 10:33 AM
Courtier

I agree with you Lucien. :-) Some people should inform themselves about Benedikt's biography and the RC church before they make accusations.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:17 AM
Courtier

He's not living at the Vatican. He's living on the grounds in a private residence. It is unlikely that he will ever leave the residence until his death. As I understand it he plans to remain spend alot of time in prayer....not sure if he will continue to write or not, that remains to be seen.

Those of you here with an axe to grind that are making all sorts of unfounded claims....I pray that you are shown more benefit of the doubt than you are showing others.

Perhaps in your glee to see a holy man (and the Church) tarnished you might find a minute to do what the Bible says...pray for your enemies.

LaRae
Old 03-03-2013, 02:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
He's not living at the Vatican. He's living on the grounds in a private residence. It is unlikely that he will ever leave the residence until his death. As I understand it he plans to remain spend alot of time in prayer....not sure if he will continue to write or not, that remains to be seen.

Those of you here with an axe to grind that are making all sorts of unfounded claims....I pray that you are shown more benefit of the doubt than you are showing others.

Perhaps in your glee to see a holy man (and the Church) tarnished you might find a minute to do what the Bible says...pray for your enemies.

LaRae
The pope is at the moment living at the Popes' country home but once his new quarters at the monastery (cloister) is complete he will definitively live within the Vatikan walls.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:17 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Mourning without Morning: The Church left without Pope, now thinking about successor.

Old 03-03-2013, 02:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I guess he and Gorgeous Georg will not be spending any "us time" together in Mykonos or Ibiza or Capri now that he has retired. Oh well at least they will still get to live together.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:35 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
I guess he and Gorgeous Georg will not be spending any "us time" together in Mykonos or Ibiza or Capri not that he has retired. Oh well at least they will still get to live together.
Grin..Oh...Bello Giorgio....How he absolutely hates that when people call him that..LOL!...Poor guy,...he stopped all kind of things,like running along the beach,...At Ostia that is,not Mykonos,... and he gave up playing tennis in public as his bare legs found themselves on the covers of Roman rags and it wasn't his backhand that drew all the attention...grin..
Old 03-03-2013, 07:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
Grin..Oh...Bello Giorgio....How he absolutely hates that when people call him that..LOL!...Poor guy,...he stopped all kind of things,like running along the beach,...At Ostia that is,not Mykonos,... and he gave up playing tennis in public as his bare legs found themselves on the covers of Roman rags and it wasn't his backhand that drew all the attention...grin..
LOL, I remember the tennis pics in Chi I think. He did have good form.
I wonder does VCS have its own tennis courts or pool? Giorgio does seem like man who likes to stay in shape
Old 03-03-2013, 07:39 PM
Royal Highness

Gasp!

I am so glad my Irish Catholic grandmother is no longer around to read such posts, and frankly, you two should be too.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Giraffes have Irish Catholic mothers???? I have heard of Black Irish and Lace Curtain Irish but never Giraffe Irish,
Old 03-03-2013, 08:04 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Giraffes have Irish Catholic mothers???? I have heard of Black Irish and Lace Curtain Irish but never Giraffe Irish,
Legend has it that a beautiful young Irish lass with an unpronounceable name fell in love with a giraffe, and the rest is history. I am hoping for a giraffe pope named Geoffrey to explain to the Catholics everywhere that American evangelicalism is not something to aspire to.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Legend has it that a beautiful young Irish lass with an unpronounceable name fell in love with a giraffe, and the rest is history. I am hoping for a giraffe pope named Geoffrey to explain to the Catholics everywhere that American evangelicalism is not something to aspire to.

HA! From your lips to God's ear.

LaRae
Old 03-03-2013, 08:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Maybe the new pontiff will call for a Vatican III.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:20 PM
Courtier

Maybe those who want the Church to be more progressive need to find a new Church. I'm sure the Episcopalians will take them.

LaRae
Old 03-03-2013, 08:32 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Maybe those who want the Church to be more progressive need to find a new Church. I'm sure the Episcopalians will take them.

LaRae
Something tells me you're preaching to the choir on that one.

Tags
catholic church, catholicism, pope, pope benedict xvi, vatican