Pope Francis Current Events Part 3

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those criticising the Pope seems to forget that he's only a human being finding himself in a situation where he's the focus of hundreds of thousands of people every time he walks out the door. One of his forebearers was shot and we have no idea about what security issues he lives with every day.
Theres also the fact that if people noticed that it would get his attention to pull on him everyone would soon be doing so.
The lady in question was in the wrong here, not the Pope. As I've witnessed myself from only a few meters distance he goes out of his way to spend only a few seconds with those who've come to see him.

:previous: That this man wants to spend time among the people and meet them and greet them is one of the reasons why I so admire this man. His simplicity, his humility and his rejection of some of the grand trappings of the papacy is what endears him to his people. There are far more reports of heart warming little things that this man has shown than reacting to what, to me, was a tangible threat to his self.

This has made the news basically because its this kind of thing that feeds a public that thrives on shock and awe reports of something bad a person has done. We don't hear of the millions of stories people have of meeting this man if only for a few seconds.

Is the outrage due to an elderly man slapping a woman’s hands after being grabbed and pulled or because he is the Pope and should be above any such human reaction? I wonder what the reaction would be had a man grabbed the Queen’s arm and yanked it towards him and she slapped his hand. Would the reaction be outrage towards the man who dared to grab and pull at an elderly woman or towards the Queen for reacting by slapping his hand. After all, she is the Queen and should be above such reaction, although I think most people would side with her and find it somewhat comical.

Whether you are man or a woman, having anyone grab at you and pull you towards them is a frightening experience and you are going to react. He slapped her hands to get her to release him, and yes he was upset at being grabbed and pulled. The fault isn’t with the Pope, it’s with the woman who grabbed and pulled him IMO.

Last edited:
The Pope is 84 this year and seems to enjoy robust health so far ,2020 will no doubt be another busy year for the Holy Father.

Pope asks for prayers for Australian Wild Fires and for Australia.

The Pope and a group of very excited nuns!

Last edited:
Pope Francis received the diplomats accredited to the Holy See for the traditional exchange of New Year greetings in the Sala Regia state hall today:

** rex gallery **

The Pope meets with the Paraguayan Ambassador at the Vatican.

Pope Francis attended his weekly General Audience at the Vatican today.

Pope Francis presided over his Wednesday General Audience at the Vatican.

Pope Francis met US Vice President Mike Pence for a private audience today, January 24:

** rex gallery **

His Holiness ,Pope Francis presided over his Wednesday General Audience at the Vatican.

The Pope presided over The Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith

Pope Francis received Argentina's President Alberto Fernandez and his partner today, January 31:

** rex gallery **

Pope Francis received Crown Prince Salman bin Hamad bin Isa al-Khalifa for an audience at the Vatican today, February 3:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** rex gallery **

His Holiness ,Pope Francis presided over his Wednesday General Audience at the Paul VI hall at the Vatican.

His Holiness ,Pope Francis presided over his Wednesday General Audience at the Paul VI hall at the Vatican,the Holy Father offered prayers for China and the coronavirus outbreaks.

Pope Francis met the President of Mali, Ibrahim Boubacar Keita, today, February 13:

** rex gallery **

The Pope received an envoy from the Patriarch of Moscow today at the Vatican.

:previous:

Here's a video of their meeting:

Also today Pope Francis received thePresident of European Jewish Congress Viatcheslav Moshe Kantor:

The Pope met with the Prime Minister of Iraqi Kurdistan at the Vatican.

Azerbaijan President Ilham Aliyev with wife and daughter had a private audience with Pope Francis at the Vatican today, February 22:

** rex gallery **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom