Pope Francis Current Events Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

An Ard Ri

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
An Iarmhí
Country
Ireland
Vatican State : H.H.Pope Francis Current Events Part 2

Coat of Arms of the Holy See

214px-Coat_of_arms_Holy_See.svg.png

Coat of Arms of H.H.Pope Francis
171px-Insigne_Francisci.svg.png

Welcome to the Current Events thread of H.H.Pope Francis Part 2,please note this is a current events thread and any off topic posts will be removed without warning.

You can view the previous thread here

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f70/vatican-city-state-pope-francis-accession-inauguration-and-current-events-march-2013-a-34813.html

Last edited:
Incredible that the outdoor Mass was able to continue under those weather conditions.

:previous: The Pope has made small but touching gestures towards the clochards and homeless over these past weeks: like giving them umbrella to cover from the rain (items forgotten by the visitors of the vatican) or to offer them hot showers...:flowers:

Last edited:
:previous:

It's a controversial subject, but I tend to agree with Bishop Eidsvig on the matter.

On a different matter, here is article from the BBC I saw today - not the greatest piece of journalism, but quite interesting nonetheless:

BBC News - How much will Pope Francis change the Church?

Last edited:
:previous:

It's a controversial subject, but I tend to agree with Bishop Eidsvig on the matter.

On a different matter, here is article from the BBC I saw today - not the greatest piece of journalism, but quite interesting nonetheless:

BBC News - How much will Pope Francis change the Church?

Answer: Not in any way that the BBC would like to see.

He will be coming here to the U.S. to address congress...will be interesting.

LaRae

Pope Francis says it is OK to smack children if their ‘dignity is maintained’ | World news | The Guardian

This has also created strong reactions in Norway.

The Ombudsman for children sent a letter monday to Bernt Eidsvig, the catholic bishop of Oslo / Norway. In the letter, she requested a clarification of Eidsvig stance to violence against children. In a statement to NRK the bishop said ''one should not hit children'' and that he supports Norwegian law.

I agree with the Pope. Children need discipline. Otherwise they can do what they want, right or wrong, and know they can get away with it. Even Dr. Spock apologized after he realized he was responsible for the first of many generations of brats after mothers used his guide to raising children. He frankly admitted he was wrong.

I agree with the Pope. Children need discipline. Otherwise they can do what they want, right or wrong, and know they can get away with it. Even Dr. Spock apologized after he realized he was responsible for the first of many generations of brats after mothers used his guide to raising children. He frankly admitted he was wrong.

You are right, children do need discipline, but there are tons of ways to discipline a child without ever resorting to hitting. It’s odd how we call it abuse when people hit their partner but when parents hit their children, who can’t defend themselves, it’s perfectly fine.

I think the most important thing in raising a child is sticking to your guns and don’t do what far too many people do; not following up on what they say will happen. If you promise a child an ice-cream, give it. If you say a certain type of behavior leads whatever punishment, do it.

Hitting someone in anger is not the same thing as discipline. Spanking is not beating.

There is a difference.

LaRae

I do think children should be punished when they've done something wrong, as if they're not, they will become spoilt, and also if they've always had their own way, when they're older they might not know how to handle a situation that doesn't go their way, as they've never been in that position before. But, I think punishments should be handled in a gentler way than hitting or smacking.

The most common punishment for children over here (or at least amongst the parents I know) seems to be to take one of their favourite toys or other favourite possession until they can learn that what they did or said was wrong.

Yeah An Ard Ri I have seen it said he is for sure coming but nothing on dates yet. Not sure when the vatican releases that info.

LaRae

Yes, children needs discipline, but you shall never smack / hit them. You shall never smack / hit anyone. I lose more and more respect for this Pope.

It's good to see the King and Queen of Tonga as we don't often hear about them. I am intrigued about the Medallion that the Pope has given to them - does anyone know anything about these? Last week, the Pope gave a Patron Saint Medallion to the President of the Republic of Kiribati.

They seem to be his standard gift to visiting heads of state,I think its a medallion with an Angel of Peace on it.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel visits Pope Francis at the Vatican

PPE Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom