Pope Francis Current Events Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pope Emeritus doesn't have a separate thread, so I post it here.

Benedict XVI celebrated his 88th birthday - april 16, 2015.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BJj7SYQ6rk&index=13&list=PLy2kHuiZVempVHrq9BObNsBDA1JiACf9v
This is what he said in his speech:
Dear friends
It's wonderful for me that you're here, that Bavaria is here. The beauty of our traditional costumes and the Lord also joins the party with this beautiful weather. Seeing you all here really warms the heart, in your Bavarian costumes that are so beautiful, and hearing the music, I'm very happy about it. I don't know how many more years the Good Lord will grant me, I hope it's not too many more, because it's not all that much fun to crawl around as an old man. But in any case we're grateful for each day He's with us, especially if we can celebrate like today, with so many friends by our side. Also seeing how Bavaria stays true to herself in these confused times, the way she moves forward and yet stays true to her historical path which faith has shown us. Bavaria and faith belong together, Bavaria and joy belong together, and there is thankfulness inside me. I am always with you and you with me - Vergelt's Gott (thankyou and God bless you) and enjoy the celebration!

Last edited:
I have been wondering about Benedict XVI. It's good to see him again.

Nope. Evidently he was very late to the meeting too (Putin)...quite rude.

LaRae

After the meeting, Pope Francis gave Putin a medal with the image of an angel-peacemaker. Presenting a gift to the Russian President, the pontiff said: "This medal, which was created by the artist of the last century, depicts an angel who brings peace and justice, and solidarity, and protects. As well as this text, in which there is a reflection on the fact that the gospel brings us light and joy, and there are geopolitical thoughts about us and about our life", — TASS quoted the words of the Pope.

In turn, Vladimir Putin presented Pope Francis with a canvas of the temple of Christ the Savior, as well as several volumes of the Orthodox Encyclopedia.

The Pope presented Putin with an angel-peacemaker medal - Fort Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom