The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-28-2015, 07:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Pope held sick baby, what happened next is amazing

Old 09-29-2015, 08:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Pope Francis on Americans: “They Were So Friendly, It Was Beautiful” | Aleteia.org

Old 09-29-2015, 12:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Wow! That's amazing! Of course, considering the heart of who we are talking about here- maybe not so amazing!
Old 09-29-2015, 12:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you pranter, for those two posts
Old 09-30-2015, 11:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Kentucky Anti-Gay Marriage Clerk Met Pope
Quote:
Kim Davis says the pontiff told her to "stay strong" during their encounter, which the Vatican has confirmed.
Old 09-30-2015, 11:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Actually the vatican has come out today and refused to confirm or deny the meeting.

However the Church does oppose gay 'marriage' so it's not hard to believe IF they did meet he did say something like that.

LaRae
Old 09-30-2015, 03:06 PM
Majesty

Well, I don't know why this would b news. The Pope in the USA has used stronger words and spoke up clearly against gay marriages. Actually, could a catholic pope be pro gay marriages? Let's be real.
Old 09-30-2015, 04:22 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
It is also very possible that Pope Francis' words to "stay strong" were meant solely in the connotation of staying steadfast in one's religious beliefs and wasn't a statement for or against the gay marriage issue. It was a personal conversation between HH and Kim Davis.
Old 09-30-2015, 04:28 PM
Heir Apparent

The Church is pretty clear about the duty of Catholics to oppose gay 'marriage'. The pope has made it clear (at other times) he supports that view.

If he said anything to her about it ..I think it would of been in the context of religious freedom and being true to your conscience.

LaRae
Old 09-30-2015, 04:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Kim has put herself in a very sticky situation. There's nothing wrong with standing up to your strong spiritual and religious beliefs, but she's in a job that requires her to not put her own belief on to someone else. She have to do her job and I think the Pope was just encouraging her to stay strong.

She's enjoying the attention though.

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-30-2015, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Speculation about a 2018 Papal visit to Ireland,the first since Pope John Paul II in 1979.

Pope Francis may visit Ireland for world meeting in Dublin
Old 09-30-2015, 05:12 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
She's enjoying the attention though.
I do believe this is all part of it for Kim.

With the United States advocating religious freedoms and the separation of church and state, Davis was/is in a position where she is obligated under law to issue the gay marriage licenses. The right move to make if she wanted to really uphold her religious beliefs would have been to step down from a job she no longer felt she was able to do in good conscience.

All part of render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's.

JMO of course.
Old 09-30-2015, 05:16 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Speculation about a 2018 Papal visit to Ireland,the first since Pope John Paul II in 1979.

Pope Francis may visit Ireland for world meeting in Dublin
What caught my eye with this speculation of a visit to Ireland is the words "world meeting in Dublin". HH is proving to be very adept at using the world stage to get his message across and listened to. I hope it happens.
Old 09-30-2015, 05:22 PM
Heir Apparent

When she was elected to the job there was no issue, the job changed mid-term. From what I have read when it looked liked it might be passing (months earlier) she contact the gov's office to see about getting her name removed from the licenses but that didn't work, the gov was not inclined call the session back in to deal with it.

The gay couple drove (with media in tow) from another state (IL I believe) to her little rural county to get a marriage license...of course they knew she was not issuing any (not even to straight couples) so it was just to make a deal about it. There are other states with counties who have stated they will not issue the licenses. Why aren't they being hounded?

What about the mayor of San Fran and his refusal to carry out federal immigration laws? He's not stepping down, nor has he gone to jail. The feds are just ignoring his infractions of federal law.

I'd like to see some consistency.

LaRae
Old 09-30-2015, 05:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
What caught my eye with this speculation of a visit to Ireland is the words "world meeting in Dublin". HH is proving to be very adept at using the world stage to get his message across and listened to. I hope it happens.
Oh that would be so cool if he goes to Ireland!

LaRae
Old 09-30-2015, 07:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
When she was elected to the job there was no issue, the job changed mid-term. From what I have read when it looked liked it might be passing (months earlier) she contact the gov's office to see about getting her name removed from the licenses but that didn't work, the gov was not inclined call the session back in to deal with it.

The gay couple drove (with media in tow) from another state (IL I believe) to her little rural county to get a marriage license...of course they knew she was not issuing any (not even to straight couples) so it was just to make a deal about it. There are other states with counties who have stated they will not issue the licenses. Why aren't they being hounded?

What about the mayor of San Fran and his refusal to carry out federal immigration laws? He's not stepping down, nor has he gone to jail. The feds are just ignoring his infractions of federal law.

I'd like to see some consistency.

LaRae
They gave her a choice. They told her not to interfere, that she could let others do it. She didn't allow that. She is not in a position to make her own law. She should resign. She said she follow God's law. We are a secular nation. We do ot follow God's laws. The Pope spoke about conscientious objection. When we had a draft those who objected with real religious convictions were deferred. So, if you can't do the job, leave it. The mayor is not personally denying anyone their rights under the 14th Amendment. And the immigration law is not set n stone.
Old 09-30-2015, 10:14 PM
Heir Apparent

She said if they took her name off the license she would be ok with it. They refused to remove her name.

You may not follow God's laws, however other's do. We are not a secular nation. Our whole country was founded on the Natural Laws of God.

Those who objected in the draft were very often assigned non-combat jobs, not kicked out.

Immigration law is as set in stone as any other Federal Law. The mayor refuses to follow it (not to mention the 2nd Amendment issues there and he is denying those rights) by not following federal law when it comes to immigration. He should not be exempt from jail and be held to the same standard as Kim Davis is being held. The fact that people aren't calling for him to step down or be jailed just shows what hypocrites they are to ignore him and what he is doing.

LaRae
Old 10-08-2015, 03:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Pope doesn't have a general news thread so I post it here.

I am in Norway again, and there's speculation / rumors here (as it was last year) that the Pope may be awarded the Nobel Peace Price.

I don't think he deserves it / will get it because of his views on homosexuality and contraception etc, but it had been fun with a papal visit to Norway. Pope John Paul II visited Norway in 1989, but I don't remember it because I was only a year old.
Old 10-08-2015, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
The Pope doesn't have a general news thread so I post it here.

I am in Norway again, and there's speculation / rumors here (as it was last year) that the Pope may be awarded the Nobel Peace Price.

I don't think he deserves it / will get it because of his views on homosexuality and contraception etc, but it had been fun with a papal visit to Norway. Pope John Paul II visited Norway in 1989, but I don't remember it because I was only a year old.
From Pope Francis to Angela Merkel: the top contenders for the 2015 Nobel ​peace ​prize

From Pope Francis to Angela Merkel: the top contenders for the 2015 Nobel ​peace ​prize | World news | The Guardian
Old 10-08-2015, 04:22 PM
Heir Apparent

That's rather sad that because the pope actually believes what his Church teaches and it goes against what other's think that he would be barred from receiving the award. So to get the award you must be a left leaning progressive type of person?

The award is worth nothing on that basis.

LaRae