Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Weekly Audience at the Vatican

PPE

PPE Agency

Old 09-10-2015, 04:58 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Pope Francis to Meet Privately with the Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, John Boehner.

Pope Francis to Meet Privately With John Boehner

The Pope's USA Visit Schedule

http://www.popefrancisvisit.com/sche...-d-c-schedule/

Old 09-10-2015, 07:50 AM
Majesty

That's a good thing. Can't wait for the pope to get to the USA.
Old 09-12-2015, 07:30 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Pope's trip to Cuba: What to expect?

Old 09-18-2015, 06:13 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

This Priest Made a LEGO Model of the Vatican for the Pope’s Upcoming Visit

LEGO Vatican and Pope in Philadelphia at Franklin Institute
Old 09-19-2015, 07:20 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Pope begins Visit to Cuba

Pope Francis plans to meet Fidel Castro on first visit to Cuba - Telegraph
Old 09-20-2015, 11:55 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
This Priest Made a LEGO Model of the Vatican for the Pope’s Upcoming Visit

LEGO Vatican and Pope in Philadelphia at Franklin Institute
Didn't he have better things to do one wonders??Like looking after the flock,oh dear.

But great HH is wel received in Cuba,he did a lot of silent diplomacy,i.e. secret,between Cuba and the US and apparently that was fruitfull as diplomatic relations were restored.He is in Cuba to put a dot on the details,and will convey the latter to the US President no doubt this tuesday.The go-between in a global diplomacy process.He made himself quite usefull I think.Good job!
Old 09-20-2015, 12:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Priest do have time off you know...they need down time just like everyone else does.

LaRae
Old 09-21-2015, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Pope Francis in Cuba

Mass for 100,000 in Holguín’s Revolutionary Square

Pope Francis holds mass for 100,000 people in HolguÃ*n, Cuba – video | World news | The Guardian

Pope Francis meets Fidel Castro after Havana Mass

Old 09-22-2015, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Pope Francis arrives in U.S. for historic visit

Pope Francis arrives in U.S. for historic visit - CNNPolitics.com
Old 09-22-2015, 05:34 PM
Gentry

Old 09-22-2015, 07:24 PM
Heir Apparent

The US press, and my house, are going quite mad with the Pope's visit. We keep hearing on the TV that the Pope and our President are "very close." I don't know that that's true, but if the stories about the Pope challenging The President on the continuing effectiveness of the Cuba isolation/embargo are to believed, bravo! Sometimes it helps to be told to look at things afresh, IMHO.
In fashion news, Pope Francis' pellegrina flew up in the wind as he stepped off his plane in Washington DC. The very humble Pope HIMSELF is said to be sewing additional drapery weights into the garment to avoid future oops moments. Just kidding.
Seriously, I'm very excited and can't wait for the substance of this visit.

Old 09-22-2015, 09:25 PM
Heir Apparent

AdmirerUS do you have EWTN channel? They will be covering, live, all the pope's visit to the U.S. every day.

LaRae
Old 09-23-2015, 06:55 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Pope begins US Tour which will take him to Washington DC,New York and Philadelphia.

Pope Francis begins tour of the US - BBC News

Welcoming Ceremony by President Obama,First Lady and daughters at Andrews Air Force Base in Washington D.C

Pope is welcomed to the U.S by President Obama
Old 09-24-2015, 05:52 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Holy Father in Washington DC

Pope Francis gets political in Washington debut - CNNPolitics.com

Old 09-24-2015, 09:31 AM
Heir Apparent

People here are going quite happy-crazy for the Pope. I work from the home so I am able to listen to the visit in the background as I work. It's been interesting to see what out Press is focusing on.
They are quite besotted by that little Fiat he drives around in. I hear about it at least once every 30 minutes. There is a fair amount of coverage about the nuance of his message - both left and right and both in statements and in gestures. He does seem to be a sincerely happy soul and to be able to bring that out in others.
We will see how our often beastly-behaving Congress treats him. My guess is that they have read the media tea leaves and will pretend to be besotted as well.
I am sure he finds our Americanisms odd. We seem determined to give him the Pop Star Treatment. Our nation of immigrants is easily attracted to Pop Stars.
I'm so happy he is visiting!

Old 09-24-2015, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Pope Francis Celebrates Mass and creates a New Saint at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington DC.

Old 09-25-2015, 09:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Pope Emeritus doesn't have a thread, so I post it here.

Matthews Slams Coldness of Pope Benedict XVI; Williams Gushes over Matthews Patriotism
Quote:
The other thing that struck me is the physicality of this Pope. Compare him to Benedict XVI. You couldn't imagine touching Benedict XVI. You couldn’t imagine going near him with his Prada slippers. He was so fragile and removed, remote even and this guy, so Italian. I mean, grabbing the crowd. Reminded me of a Father's Knights of Columbus buddies. Just grabbing the crowd, being physical with the people.

Cardinal Wuerl of Washington who you know told me about three months ago that they made a point, the college of cardinals, to find a pastoral pope, someone who was going to be out there, not theologian but someone who was going to go out and touch the people and they got one and I think that's the ability of the church to adapt to what it needs to do. They saw the weakness of Benedict, the coldness of the fellow after John Paul II[.]
These media attacks on Benedict XVI is starting to make me angry, and this Chris Matthews guy must be a very ignorant man.

I consider myself liberal in many important questions and I disagree with Benedict XVI (and Pope Francis who is also very conservative) in both homosexuality and contraception, but Benedict was a good pope.

Benedict was the pope who changed the church and sorted out the mess after John Paul II (who was a amazing pope who did so much good for this world, but who lost his grip over the church during the last 10 years of his pontificate because of his illness / parkinson's disease).

Benedict was also the first pope to do somthing with the problem of pedophily in the church, something he tried to do even before he became pope, but was opposed by others in the curia.

Benedict XVI was shy and very intellectual, but he was not cold. He was in fact known for his kindness and gentleness. He kissed children, the sick and the disabled until he was too frail to do so. He visited hospitals, homes for the elderly and sick children and was equally concerned with poverty and peace as Pope Francis is.

The problem was that he become very frail in the last three years of his pontificate, he was isolated and depressed and surrounded by bad people, they even tried to persuade him to remain as pope.

Old 09-25-2015, 11:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Pope Benedict was wonderful....a shame that so few recognize or remember all he did thank you for the reminder Royal Norway.

Chris Matthews is a media hack, he's important only in his own mind...and a liberal (unorthodox) Catholic who for obvious reasons did not like BXVI.

LaRae
Old 09-26-2015, 12:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

America has been truly blessed by the presence of Pope Francis. His words of inspiration, hope, joy, peace and faith has really touched me and countless others. I hope Congress and the UN listened to what he had to say and do the work on behalf of the people. Also, I hope the people of this great Country has been filled with the Holy Ghost and will help others who need it.

A.W. TOZER

« Kingdom of Bhutan | - »