King Jigme, Queen Jetsun Pema and the Royal Family of Bhutan 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is " The Gyalsey" ???
Sorry, this is the first time i follow Bhutan royals.

I don't now what it means, but when you read the article I think they mean the royal baby... Maybe they give the unborn baby these title...

If anyone now more....

Maybe it means "heir" in Tibetan?

I believe Gyalpo means king, as in Druk Gyalpo - Dragon King - so I imagine Gyalsey means prince.

Druk Gyalpo is Dragon King (King Jigme Khesar)
Druk Gyaltsuen is Dragon Queen (Queen Jetsun Pema)
Gyalsey means Prince

Druk Gyalpo is Dragon King (King Jigme Khesar)
Druk Gyaltsuen is Dragon Queen (Queen Jetsun Pema)
Gyalsey means Prince
ٍThat`s sound logical ..
I believe the queen is due to give birth early this year . Dose the prayers mean she about to deliver or in labor??
Both the king & queen shared the same link on their Facebook accounts.

The Queen gave birth to a son today!

Our happiness knows no bounds, as we announce the Royal Birth of His Royal Highness The Gyalsey on 5th February 2016.
Our Prince, the first Royal Child of His Majesty King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck and Her Majesty Queen Jetsun Pema, was delivered safely at the Lingkana Palace, Thimphu. His Majesty was at Her Majesty's side during the time of the delivery. Following the Royal Birth, His Royal Highness was first presented to His Majesty the Fourth Druk Gyalpo.
Her Majesty The Gyaltsuen and His Royal Highness are both in perfect health.
All sacred Bhutanese traditions were observed for the auspicious occasion, with His Holiness the Je Khenpo presiding over the religious ceremonies.
Their Majesties and members of the Royal family are filled with profound joy on the birth of His Royal Highness.
Their Majesties expressed appreciation to the Bhutanese medical team for their service.
Their Majesties also expressed heartfelt gratitude to the Zhung Dratshang, Rabdeys, and other religious organizations who performed prayer ceremonies in all the Dzongs and Lhakhangs across the country for the wellbeing of His Royal Highness, Their Majesties, and the people of Bhutan.
We join the people of Bhutan in our heartfelt prayers for the wellbeing of Her Majesty and His Royal Highness, and in the expression of our joy on this momentous occasion.

From the King's Facebook

Congratulations to the couple!!!

Congratulations! Welcome to the World, little Prince!:bhutanflag::king::crown::baby::bunny::duckie::rose2::heartflower::fireworks:
He was born in the Palace, not in hospital?
The King was present at birth? I was sure the family birth is not practiced in that culture, only in so called "Western World"

Congrats to the proud parents!!!! and to the people of Bhutan:flowers: First major royal birth of 2016. So exciting.

I don't know enough about the Bhutan royals to even take a royal leap at what name they will give him.

Congratulations! Welcome to the World, little Prince!:bhutanflag::king::crown::baby::bunny::duckie::rose2::heartflower::fireworks:
He was born in the Palace, not in hospital?
The King was present at birth? I was sure the family birth is not practiced in that culture, only in so called "Western World"

Yes he was born at the palace in the presence of the King

Congratulations to the couple :twohearts::fireworks:

When are they going to announce the baby`s name??

This is such lovely news; a healthy baby boy for The King, The Queen and the people of Bhutan. What a joyful announcement that was! Now, I hope that when William and Catherine visit, that we will have many pictures of this most interesting Country and their charming King and Queen and maybe even the baby prince.

It would be nice, but I doubt the king and queen will bring their month old son out for a royal visit. It would be like Kate and Will bringing Charlotte or even George to the Spain visit when it happens,and they are older.

Hopefully perhaps the couple will release a picture with the name:flowers:

It would be nice, but I doubt the king and queen will bring their month old son out for a royal visit. It would be like Kate and Will bringing Charlotte or even George to the Spain visit when it happens,and they are older.

Hopefully perhaps the couple will release a picture with the name:flowers:

well, the king and queen of buthan are king and queen, and william and kate are 2nd in line to the throne and wife, so we wouldn't be comparing two things that are alike. but yes, i doubt that we will see the little prince, unfortunately, during the british visit, who will just be too young for a huge amount of media presence...

well, the king and queen of buthan are king and queen, and william and kate are 2nd in line to the throne and wife, so we wouldn't be comparing two things that are alike. but yes, i doubt that we will see the little prince, unfortunately, during the british visit, who will just be too young for a huge amount of media presence...

Actually we can compare. It's not about their status, ie. king, heir, 2nd in line. Its about the age of the child. How many official state visits have we seen a newborn at? What would be the point? Not just the media, but what would you do with an one month old during the official events? Is the queen going to bring a nanny and hand it off when the baby needs a diaper change or be fed? Maybe in private they may see the new prince, but it makes little sense to have a tiny infant at an official state event.

Actually we can compare. It's not about their status, ie. king, heir, 2nd in line. Its about the age of the child. How many official state visits have we seen a newborn at? What would be the point? Not just the media, but what would you do with an one month old during the official events? Is the queen going to bring a nanny and hand it off when the baby needs a diaper change or be fed? Maybe in private they may see the new prince, but it makes little sense to have a tiny infant at an official state event.

And this is Bhutan we're talking about here, a Country many know very, very little about and who knows!?! We may just see the new little Prince or we may not during the Cambridge visit, but the point is none of us know enough about the Country or Culture to be able say if it will or will not happen. Let's just wait and see, shall we?

So happy to hear everything went well and both Her Majesty and Little Prince are both healthy and doing well!!

Welcome to the World Little One!!

Now, does anyone know if there will be a formal naming ceremony that takes place or will the King make an Announcement?

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I really hope there will be some pix of him... with such beautiful parents he should be very handsome !

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
Congratulations to Their Majesties The King and Queen of Bhutan on the birth of their healthy baby boy

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
The Duke and Duchess are very much looking forward to congratulating Their Majesties in person when they visit Bhutan this spring.

Congratulations to the happy parents! That is very happy knew indeed. I hope that the parents will release a picture of their little prince soon. Also I'm curious when they will announce the name of the little one.

I suppose they'll continue the "Jigme" legacy? Maybe Jigme and a second name, then family name Wangchuck.

Great news! Congrats to the happy new parents! :flowers:

Congrats to the King & Queen!!!

6 February 2016
We have the privilege of assuring the people of Bhutan and all other well wishers that Her Majesty The Gyaltsuen and His Royal Highness The Gyalsey are in perfect health, under the devoted care of our professional medical team.
Today, His Majesty The King offered prayers at the Tashichhodzong, Dechenphu Lhakhang, Pangrizampa Lhakhang, and the Gesar Lhakang.
Hundreds of well-wishers gathered at these nyes (sacred sites) and other Dzongs and Lhakhangs across the country to offer prayers of gratitude on the joyous occasion of the Royal Birth. People offered Karmi Kom (butter lamps), hoisted Prayer Flags at all sacred sites. The Bhutanese diaspora overseas has also been offering prayers and celebrating the auspicious occasion.
https://www.facebook.com/KingJigmeKhesar/posts/10153786100568260:0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom