King Jigme, Queen Jetsun Pema and the Royal Family of Bhutan 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations!

And according to the King they will have a baby boy.

Last edited:
Congratulations to the happy parents-to-be!

So they already know that it will be a boy? In that case the pregnancy must be already pretty advanced.

Good news. Congratulations to the Kings of Bhutan.

Wonderful news! Congrats to them!:bhutanflag::baby::duckie::hug::heartflower::bunny::rose2::rose2::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks:
But the article says "esperan a un hijo" (child), not "hijo varon" (boy), so a sex is not precised; they don't know themselves or don't want to share.
If the birth is expected for the first trimester of 2016, the Queen has to be in fifth month at least.

Wonderful ! So happy for that lovely, handsome and likeable couple !!!!

Where did you see the mention about the baby beeing a boy?

It seems it was the King that during his speech said a "son"... comments on his official fb page are also mentioning "prince"...

https://twitter.com/KuenselOnline/status/664292882254180352?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Even a nationa newspaper is reporting this...

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, amazing news! Congrats to the King and Queen of Buthan!
:fireworks::fireworks::fireworks:

Such happy news. Dutch media also speak of a son.

^ Yes I know but at the time I was asking it was all only pretty feeble hear and say. Now of course we have more than FB comments and everything is clear. :)

What wonderful news and how lovely for their son to be born on the Tibetan New Year - I wonder if he will have a name associated with the celebrations.

It's quite unusual for royals to announce the sex of their children during before the birth, is this common in the Bhutanese RF? Or given the fact both the King and Queen have Facebook, perhaps they just wanted to share it with everyone (Princess Isabella Orsini de Ligne also announced the sex and name of her daughters before their births and she is active on Instagram).

What wonderful news and how lovely for their son to be born on the Tibetan New Year - I wonder if he will have a name associated with the celebrations.

It's quite unusual for royals to announce the sex of their children during before the birth, is this common in the Bhutanese RF? Or given the fact both the King and Queen have Facebook, perhaps they just wanted to share it with everyone (Princess Isabella Orsini de Ligne also announced the sex and name of her daughters before their births and she is active on Instagram).

Felipe and Letizia announced Sofia was a girl before her birth. It likely had to do with the succession debate at the time.

That is a beautiful photo of the couple and the landscape in the background is stunning. I wish I could go to Bhutan, but it's too expensive for me, as I feel that it's the sort of place I'd have to spend at least two weeks at because it's far away, but I couldn't simply afford to spend $250 a day there :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom