King Jigme, Queen Jetsun Pema and the Royal Family of Bhutan 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2 January 2015: A group of children from schools in Thimphu recited lolay to mark Nyilo, (Winter Solistice in the lunar calendar) before His Majesty The King and Her Majesty The Gyaltsuen at the Lingkana Palace.
Nyilo (marking the return of longer days according to the lunar calendar) is traditionally observed as the new year, coinciding with the annual harvest in parts of Western Bhutan. Lolay is the recitation of a traditional song with wishes for a happy and bountiful new year. Children are believed to be harbingers of good fortune, and their recitation of lolay consists of wishes specific to every component of a traditional Bhutanese home from the ground to the tip.
The children go from house to house, singing wishes to usher in a prosperous new year, and are granted gifts.
For the past few years, children in Thimphu have celebrated Nyilo every year with a lolay recitation before Their Majesties at the Lingkana Palace.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd...._=1430311094_f2cb990af69efb00ce4101a86824f027

https://www.facebook.com/QueenJetsu...2742265107143/782985928416104/?type=1&theater

I'm sorry if there was already this question here but I wonder what will happen when Jetsun Pema will get pregnant?
I mean, does the Palace announce the preganancy of the queen? And if so, after what time? Does Bhutan has any rules about that? :ermm:

It's very possible they go the same way than the Prince and Princess of Prussia just did : an announcement days before or right after a birth ;)

The same question about pregnancy announcement?) The readers of our Royals Magazine in social networks keep asking if it is true and if it is offcial?

I am delighted for this lovely and handsome couple !!!!:flowers:

I don't think we should already take these "rumours" seriously as we don't have an official announcement and actually I haven't seen any reference about Jetsun being pregnant at all :unsure:

Maybe it's just a matter of the outfit's material which placed so unfortunately that it looks like a baby bump. Who knows? :whistling:

I think she is pregnant, perhaps there was an official announcement and the medias did not care bacause , the royalty of Bouthan is not as famious as the other monarchies.

I wish their all the best , I like this couple who is so discret.

I think the Bhutanese court doesn't announce pregnancies, like Jordanian one, which is much more famous (we saw Princess Iman's pregnancy from pictures).

:previous:

It's the May Desktop Calendar of the King and Queen.

In HQ:
ImageBam

Source: bhutan.org.bt

Has there been a statement of any kind by Their Majesties regarding the Earthquake in Nepal? My Geography knowledge of the area isn't very good, but I thought Bhutan is a neighbour of Nepal, so just wondering...

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Happy 25th Birthday to HM the Queen!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was looking on YouTube for documentaries about the King and Queen of Bhutan, and came across a video (see link below) where Queen Jetsun Pema talks in English about protecting the ozone layer. I thought it might interest people to see the queen speak - she starts 1 minute into the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxcRsxRIbAc

:previous: You're welcome. I didn't actually get the photo from Facebook myself though, I found it on a French site who themselves had got it from Facebook. I don't have an account. :flowers:

I agree, the King and Queen seem to be an interesting couple and Bhutan seems to be an equally interesting place. I would love to go there, but it seems a bit restricted, I once heard that visitors have to pay each day to stay there. And I'd like to spend at least two weeks in a place like that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom