The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-29-2011, 08:45 PM
Aristocracy

Location: Somewhere in a hole in the wall town in Wisconsin, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasumi"

TM King & Queen of Bhutan visit Mehrangarh Fort in Jodhpur on October 29, 2011.

**[URL="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/822/x610vfr.jpg/
Pic[/URL]** - Getty
Are those Elvis glasses?

Old 10-31-2011, 07:12 AM
Heir Apparent

beautiful pictures and video. it's nice to hear the kind speaking. i hope we see more of the lovely jetsun pema soon.
is this the first time that we see the queen dressed in occidental clothes?
i wonder if she is still attending courses in london or if she has finished her degree.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-31-2011, 01:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

'Photographer' king reveals love for Bhutan, wife in new book - World - DNA

kuenselonline » Blog Archive »
HM the Queen, Jetsun Pema Wangchuck, will launch a book, ‘Bhutan: Through the lens of the King’ in New Delhi this evening, culminating Their Majesties’ nine-day state visit to India. Published by Roli publications based in New Delhi, the coffee-table book has 176 pages of pictures of Bhutan’s crystal clear lakes, ancient monuments, wildlife, flora and fauna, and everyday life, including rural Bhutan.
Most of the photographs in the book were taken by His Majesty the King.
The first section contains photographs of monarchs, from the first to the fourth Druk Gyalpo, and ends with a picture of Her Majesty Ashi Jetsun Pema.

Cover page of the book
Old 11-01-2011, 02:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Royal couple private visit to Singapore

The King of Bhutan, Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck, and the Queen Ashi Jetsun Pema Wangchuck are in Singapore on a four-day private visit.
The royal couple met President Tony Tan Keng Yam and Mrs Mary Tan, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and former Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew on Tuesday.

**Pic** - credits AsiaOne
Old 11-05-2011, 05:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

The royal touch
King of Bhutan Jigme Khesar Namgyal Wangchuck and his Queen Jetsun were in Delhi on their honeymoon last month, captivating Delhi’s chattering classes. At the Rashtrapati Bhavan, in his banquet speech, the King spoke of the close ties between India and Bhutan.
And then, he turned to the subject of marriage. “As I have been married for ten whole days, I feel I am sufficiently experienced to speak on the subject,” he said solemnly, as the entire table smiled widely.
But the real story is the one that never got told. In Punakha, the administrative capital of Bhutan, the King and the Queen were on a walk-about in a huge archery stadium. From one end of the stadium, the King called out to the crowd, “What do you think? Shall I kiss my bride?”
“Yes,” roared the crowd. So, he kissed the new Queen on one cheek. “Are you satisfied,” he asked. “No,” roared the crowd.
So, he kissed her on the other cheek. “Are you satisfied now?” he asked. “Yes,” answered the crowd.
“But I’m not satisfied,” said the King and kissed his wife on the lips in public. The crowd went mad.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Assistant Secretary of State for South and Central Asian Affairs Robert Blake, the Fourth King of Bhutan Jigme Singye Wangchuk, and three of his wives pose for a photo in front of Dechencholing Palace, in Thimphu, Bhutan, on April 29, 2010.

Colourful photo - State Department Photo/Public Domain
Old 11-11-2011, 04:55 PM
Royal Highness

"but im not satisfied", loved that part from the King!!!!!!!!!!! he was cool and quite manly^^
Old 11-12-2011, 10:57 PM
Courtier

Got to talk to some civil servants from Bhutan. They just love their King. Coming from a democracy myself, it was wonderful hearing intelligent, critical people express utmost confidence and belief in a leader. It's amazing. They said that when the King was in his teens, he first met the Queen and told her they'd meet again when they were older and that they would get married if both of them were still single at the time.

Old 11-14-2011, 01:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

TM the King & the Queen's state visit to Japan - November 15-19, 2011

TM the King and Queen of Bhutan will be visiting Japan from November 15-19 on the invitation of the Japanese emperor.
It will be first state visit of Bhutanese monarch to Japan ever.

Programm of the visit:

1. HM the King will address to DIET
on November 17th;
2. HM the King will meet the Crown Prince and the PM (the Emperor will not be able to attend - Source);
HM the King will reaffirm the goodwill and friendship of the Bhutanese people towards the people of Japan, and express solidarity with the victims of the earthquake of March 11th, 2011.
4.The Keio University will confer on HM the King an honorary doctorate in economics, where HM will deliver an acceptance lecture to the students and faculty.
5. The state banquet will be hosted by Imperial family (the Emperor will not be able to attend).

The Royal visit to Japan | BBS
Provisional Itinerary is here (Embassy of Japan in Bhutan)
Old 11-14-2011, 03:41 PM
Heir Apparent

QUEEN JESTUN PEMA OF BHUTAN IN INDIA FOR THE RELEASE OF THE KING OF BHUTAN’S BOOK ON PHOTOGRAPHY | juliapgelardi
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 11-15-2011, 04:30 PM
Nobility

Haha..seems like the King is taking his new Queen on a part honeymoon/part official visit tour to introduce her to the Asia countries. Since their wedding last month, they have visited India, Singapore and now, Japan.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Bhutan's King Jigme Khesar and Queen Ashi Jetsun with Jaipur's Prince Narendra Singh (left), young Maharaja Padmanabh Singh (right) and Princess Diya Kumari - October 2011.

**Pic**
Old 11-21-2011, 02:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

King & Queen meet Thailand's PM & husband

Yingluck In Audience With Visiting King Jigme - Voice TV
The Thai female PM along with her spouse, Anusorn Amornchat, was conferred the royal audience at a hotel in Sukumvit area where King Jigme and Queen Jetsun are currently staying during their visit to Thailand.
Yingluck also hosted luncheon for the Bhutanese royal couple at the hotel.
The royal visit was viewed as part of their honeymoon trip, following an elaborate wedding ceremony in the tiny Asian state last month.

**Pic 1** **Pic 2** **Pic 3**
**Pic 4** **Pic 5**
Old 11-21-2011, 02:41 PM
Royal Highness

Once again, thank you so much Kasumi for keeping us up to date with news of King Jigme and Queen Jetsun. I am quite struck at the lovely way in which the king and queen greet people, with such grace and humility.
I should imagine that the people of Bhutan are missing their king and queen and look forward to their return!
Old 11-22-2011, 01:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

King's sister launches her book for children

Bhutantoday: Bhutan - HRH launches her book “Raven Tells a Story
Coinciding with the celebration of the 56th birth anniversary of the fourth Druk Gyalpo and Children’s Day today, November 11, HRH Ashi Sonam Dechan Wangchuck launched her book 'The Raven Tells a Story' at the Folk Heritage Museum in Kawajangsa, Thimphu.
This is Her Royal Highness’s first published work dedicated to the Father of Bhutan’s Constitution, the fourth Druk Gyalpo, Jigme Singye Wangchuck.
'The Raven Tells a Story' is set in a small, bucolic village in Bhutan resonating the life found throughout the country. The story follows the protagonist, Singye, on a quest for answers about a ‘curious book’.
His journey towards ‘constitutional’ enlightenment is populated with often transient and ethereal interactions with his close-knit family, his friend Wangyal, schoolteachers and classmates, and the mythic Raven, which is much alike (and in deference to) the historical significance of a Raven that guided the great Zhabdrung Ngawang Namgyel to Bhutan in the early 17th century.
Old 11-23-2011, 04:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

TRH Prince Charles, The Prince of Wales and Camilla, The Duchess of Cornwall welcomed TM King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuk and Queen Jetsun Pema Wangchuk of Bhutan at Clarence House on November 23, 2011.

**Pic** - credits Getty
Old 11-23-2011, 04:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Is it only an impression of me, or do we all see the King of Bhutan more often since he is married?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 11-23-2011, 05:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Is it only an impression of me, or do we all see the King of Bhutan more often since he is married?
HM is very active since his inauguration in 2008.
It's just his young wife who attracts more attention of public now. The Japanese are enchanted with the Royal couple after their state visit.
Old 11-24-2011, 02:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Press Association: Charles praises architecture alumni
The Prince of Wales has praised former students of his architectural institution and described his joy at seeing them working on one of his most important building projects.
[...]
Charles was joined for part of his visit by King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck of Bhutan - the Himalayan Kingdom - and his wife Queen Jetsun, the daughter of an airline pilot, who had tea with Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall at Clarence House on Wednesday.

**Pic 1** **Pic 2** **Pic 3** **Pic 4** - credits Rex

Looking for the big ones.
Old 11-24-2011, 02:39 PM
Royal Highness

I would also love to see bigger pictures of the Bhutan royal couple in UK:-)

Searched for a shop that sells the book of King Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck´s photographs but I could only find this page: Flipkart.com: Bhutan: Through The Lens Of The King: Book: Malvika Singh (9788174368591)

Hope it will be available on amazon or in stores soon....the book cover looks great and I am really excited to see the other pictures,especially his portrait of Q.Jetsun Pema!

. Helen Keller