King Jigme, Queen Jetsun Pema and the Royal Family of Bhutan 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew the king would marry one day he is too handsome to be single forever and he pick a pretty woman to be his queen.He is nice a guy from what I see they are hard to find now in days.

March is almost over, and it was an empty month for Bhutanese royals appeareances. cant wait to see more pictures and info about King Jigme Khesar and Queen Jetsun Pema.

ive been quite intereted about bhutan for awhile now, is it dificult to go there by plane? i mean, i live in Portugal, its far and maybe its too expensive. i want to go there and maybe as the King meets his own people i might get a glimpse of him^^

kathia_sophia said:
March is almost over, and it was an empty month for Bhutanese royals appeareances. cant wait to see more pictures and info about King Jigme Khesar and Queen Jetsun Pema.

ive been quite intereted about bhutan for awhile now, is it dificult to go there by plane? i mean, i live in Portugal, its far and maybe its too expensive. i want to go there and maybe as the King meets his own people i might get a glimpse of him^^

It's not empty month, there were royal appearances, just not posted/updated here.

You can follow the updated royal events (with beautiful big photos) better at these FB pages:

https://www.facebook.com/KingJigmeKhesar

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bhutan-King-Jigme-Khesar-Namgyel-Wangchuk/104249179666656

https://www.facebook.com/QueenJetsun

https://www.facebook.com/jetsunpema

The King and Queen of Bhutan are on a week-long State Visit to India.
The King will be the Chief Guest at India's Republic Day Parade on 26th Jan 2013.
Nicolas Sarkozy was the Chief Guest at R-Day parade last year.

Seems like Bhutan King always on State Visit to India and vice versa.

Seems like Bhutan King always on State Visit to India and vice versa.

Ha Ha..He visited India soon after his wedding, and this time to be the Chief Guest at R-Day Parade. But I dont think there were any State Visits from India recently. India's then President Pratibha Patil visited Bhutan to attend the present King's coronation.
Anyway India has always been Bhutan's closest and for almost 5 decades, only ally. They even allowed Indian army to move through their territory during 1962 Indo-China War.
Despite China's constant wooing, Bhutan remains friendly and loyal to India..

This is the video of the King of Bhutan as Chief Guest at India's Republic Day Parade on 26th Jan 2013.
On Republic Day eve, PM welcomes Bhutan King Jigme Wangchuk as chief guest - YouTube
Go directly to 5:00 for the arrival of Queen of Bhutan, and welcomed by the Prime Minister.
Then at 7:30, the King with the President of India arrive.

I also attached a clip of highlights of R-Day parade for all to have an idea what happens at that parade. Its not just showing off the military might, but also the enormous cultural diversity of India.
The Great Indian Republic Day Parade 2013 | Full Republic Parade 2013 26th January 2013 - YouTube

Last edited:

Attachments

• Wedding 2013 Prince Jigme Dorji, bride Yeatso Lhamo (sister of the Queen) & the Royal Family.jpg
    Wedding 2013 Prince Jigme Dorji, bride Yeatso Lhamo (sister of the Queen) & the Royal Family.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 7,512
Can anyone tell who is who in this photo?
I recognize only the King and the Queen.
Jigme Dorji is the first King's brother to marry, isn't he? If it comes for King's sisters all but the youngest are already married.

Thanks for the photo Warren, I couldn't get the other two links to open. Nice and colourful.

Can anyone tell who is who in this photo? I recognize only the King and the Queen. Jigme Dorji is the first King's brother to marry, isn't he? If it comes for King's sisters all but the youngest are already married.

I don't know them all but there's the Dragon King and the Dragon Queen, the Queens Dowager, a princess that I can't remember the name of, and Prince Jigyel who is the Heir Presumptive.

I tried it, I´m not soo sure about the Queens, they re so similar lol

1 Princess Ashi Kesang Choden Wangchuck
2 Princess Ashi Sonam Dechan Wangchuck
3 Prince Dasho Jigme Dorji
4 Princess Ashi Chimi Yangzom Wangchuck
5 Princess Ashi Dechen Yangzom Wangchuck
6 Queen Ashi Sangay Choden Wangchuck
7 Queen Ashi Tshering Pem Wangchuck
8 Queen Ashi Dorji Wangmo Wangchuck
9 Queen Ashi Tshering Yangdon

Attachments

• Wedding 2013 Prince Jigme Dorji, bride Yeatso Lhamo (sister of the Queen) & the Royal Family.jpg
    Wedding 2013 Prince Jigme Dorji, bride Yeatso Lhamo (sister of the Queen) & the Royal Family.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 2,792
I tried it, I´m not soo sure about the Queens, they re so similar lol 1 Princess Ashi Kesang Choden Wangchuck 2 Princess Ashi Sonam Dechan Wangchuck 3 Prince Dasho Jigme Dorji 4 Princess Ashi Chimi Yangzom Wangchuck 5 Princess Ashi Dechen Yangzom Wangchuck 6 Queen Ashi Sangay Choden Wangchuck 7 Queen Ashi Tshering Pem Wangchuck 8 Queen Ashi Dorji Wangmo Wangchuck 9 Queen Ashi Tshering Yangdon

I thought that number 3 was Prince Jigyel Ugyen, the son of Queen Dorji Wangmo Wangchuck. I could be wrong though.

Definitely, I think it would make it much easier! I don't know most of the Bhutanese royals, I only knew Prince Jigyel because he is the heir at the moment.

It might be answered somewhere, but if the King and Queen have a daughter, she will be the heir as long there is no brother?

Make the king and queen any state visits to europe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom